Manolo Blahnik HANGISI owners and lovers, come in!

7F9DA8AC-DE14-4AD5-A1F1-E06A8F29EB61.jpeg 49BCE82F-E3F8-4572-B961-6FAB091FC8AD.jpeg 943EECB1-2E80-4E8A-BCFD-D440AB2966BA.jpeg hi, please help, i need to decide soon

i normally i wear size 37. i heard that some ppl have to go up half a size whereas some ppl have to go half size down.. seems like the sizing is inconsistent with Manolo..

i attached the pic...(size 36.5) as you can see it’s patent, not the popular satin. so does patent manolo stretch over time? and are they comfortable?

they fit but i find it to be tight around my toes. i am debating whether or not i should purchase this.

thanks in advance

Last edited:
View attachment 4370805 View attachment 4370806 View attachment 4370807 hi, please help, i need to decide soon

i normally i wear size 37. i heard that some ppl have to go up half a size whereas some ppl have to go half size down.. seems like the sizing is inconsistent with Manolo..

i attached the pic...(size 36.5) as you can see it’s patent, not the popular satin. so does patent manolo stretch over time? and are they comfortable?

they fit but i find it to be tight around my toes. i am debating whether or not i should purchase this.

thanks in advance
No matter the designer, patent leather really doesn't stretch. It may a little over time if you're lucky.

so is it a bad idea if i decide to buy it? do you think it’s too tight on me based on the picture? how to know whether this is still ‘wearable’ ? thanks for the reply..
You need to walk in the shoes to determine how they feel. Don't think of them as Manolo's but just as a shoe and how does it feel now? Knowing this shoe is not going to stretch. Only you can determine if you will be wearable for you or not.

You need to walk in the shoes to determine how they feel. Don't think of them as Manolo's but just as a shoe and how does it feel now? Knowing this shoe is not going to stretch. Only you can determine if you will be wearable for you or not.

my left toe hurts but everything feels fine with my right feet, funny thing is that my heels easily slip out of this shoe.. i’m really not sure if my left toe hurts because this isn’t the right size for me or just because of the fact that i’m not used to wearing heels. i used to wear high heels in the past, but i quit wearing them 6 years ago (unless for really special occasions) and i’ve grown to love varina flats or oran sandals because they are very comfy

according to MB website, 36.5 is equivalent to 6.5 US (in US size i am a 6.5) but does MB use Italy or FR size?

my left toe hurts but everything feels fine with my right feet, funny thing is that my heels easily slip out of this shoe.. i’m really not sure if my left toe hurts because this isn’t the right size for me or just because of the fact that i’m not used to wearing heels. i used to wear high heels in the past, but i quit wearing them 6 years ago (unless for really special occasions) and i’ve grown to love varina flats or oran sandals because they are very comfy

according to MB website, 36.5 is equivalent to 6.5 US (in US size i am a 6.5) but does MB use Italy or FR size?
His shoes are all made in Italy. I personally won't buy shoes that aren't comfy right out of the gate. If I wear something once and they hurt, I likely won't wear them again. That's just me but I've had enough foot surgeries to be super conscious of taking care of my feet.

His shoes are all made in Italy. I personally won't buy shoes that aren't comfy right out of the gate. If I wear something once and they hurt, I likely won't wear them again. That's just me but I've had enough foot surgeries to be super conscious of taking care of my feet.

ah no wonder it is stamped ‘handmade in italy’ on the outsole, just noticed this.. ah ok, i’ll give myself time to think and consider again. thanks for your advice, audreylita

But I‘ve read that his shoes are all pretty uncomfortable and stiff the first few wears?!

I once ordered the Hangisi flats in 38.5 (I‘m usually a true 38) and they felt a bit too big, I think a 38 would be fine for me. But they were indeed uncomfortable, they felt really stiff..

But I‘ve read that his shoes are all pretty uncomfortable and stiff the first few wears?!

I once ordered the Hangisi flats in 38.5 (I‘m usually a true 38) and they felt a bit too big, I think a 38 would be fine for me. But they were indeed uncomfortable, they felt really stiff..

I wore my 105mm blue satin heels for the first time at my wedding. I didn’t take them off all day and night because I thought they were so comfy! I only changed into different heels because I didn’t want to ruin them since we had moved into the gravel courtyard. :smile:

There's agreement everywhere that Manolo's shoes are the most comfortable of any of the high end shoes. Sizes can be inconsistent there is more than one factory and you must remember that all his shoes are hand made. And patent leather is always stiff, regardless of who makes the shoe. I still have a pair of MB patent heels I bought in the 90's and they were comfy right out of the gate. I wear all of his shoes barefoot including all of the heel heights of the hangisi without problem right out of the box.

Reactions: papertiger
There's agreement everywhere that Manolo's shoes are the most comfortable of any of the high end shoes. Sizes can be inconsistent there is more than one factory and you must remember that all his shoes are hand made. And patent leather is always stiff, regardless of who makes the shoe. I still have a pair of MB patent heels I bought in the 90's and they were comfy right out of the gate. I wear all of his shoes barefoot including all of the heel heights of the hangisi without problem right out of the box.

Agree. My Hangisi is the classic silk cloth upper and I do admit they don’t stretch.
You need to buy the right size from the start.
I bought mine 1/2 size bigger than my usual 37.5, and they were perfect.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
I find Manolo heels the most comfortable out of all my designer heels so thought I'd get a pair of Hangisi flats as well to see if they are as comfortable. I bought a pair in my usual size (37.5) and while they fit, the toe box does feel a bit cramped. I have satin Vivier flats and they don't stretch much at all so I fear these might not as well. I've bought another pair 1/2 size up (38) to compare, still waiting for them to arrive now..

For those of you who own Hangisi flats, did you buy TTS or size up 1/2 size up? Did yours stretch over time? TIA!

I find Manolo heels the most comfortable out of all my designer heels so thought I'd get a pair of Hangisi flats as well to see if they are as comfortable. I bought a pair in my usual size (37.5) and while they fit, the toe box does feel a bit cramped. I have satin Vivier flats and they don't stretch much at all so I fear these might not as well. I've bought another pair 1/2 size up (38) to compare, still waiting for them to arrive now..

For those of you who own Hangisi flats, did you buy TTS or size up 1/2 size up? Did yours stretch over time? TIA!

I‘ve done a lot of research and it‘s around 50/50. A lot of people get them true to size and find they fit perfectly, and I feel like the same amount says to go up half a size. I guess you need to try for yourself and see

I‘ve done a lot of research and it‘s around 50/50. A lot of people get them true to size and find they fit perfectly, and I feel like the same amount says to go up half a size. I guess you need to try for yourself and see

Thanks for replying!

The pair in 38 arrived today and in terms of fit they are quite close to 37.5. My toe box does not feel cramped at all in 38 but the sides are quite loose because I have narrow feet so still not an easy decision to make.

I think I’ll probably keep the 37.5 and hopefully with a bit of stretch over time they will be more comfortable

Reactions: julia.pa