Mandarin Jasmine vs. Mono Ellipse

1. I know I know. Two totally different styles. I was thinking of the Mono Sonatine style before, but I changed my mind and rather something that will carry more.

What do you ladies think between the two different styles? Jasmine or Ellipse. And mandarin seems to be a cool color, not matronly like black, and i've seen the jasmine in red, but i doesn't do anything for me. but is the mandarin too limiting a color to wear everyday.

which is why i'm thinking of a style in mono canvas.

the Ellipse PM shape is also starting to grow on me too. in the celeb sticky, i've seen only madonna's photos carrying it, but i just don't know yet.

i'm looking just to carry the essentials. ahhhhh! help before i buy something i'll regret and return!!

2. I love mandarin. It's definitely a great spring/summer color. I have a black jasmin and it's something I use for work interviews. If I had it in Mandarin, I would use it all the time. I'm not a lover of the Ellipse though.

3. I have (and love) both bags.
    The Jasmin is great and you can really match more than you think up with that Mandarin color.
    And I have the Ellipse PM and it's a great size for me. I love how it can be either dressy or casual as well.
    Either way, they're nice bags that are really roomy and comfortable to carry. Just depends on whether you want a monogram bag or an epi one more. :smile:

4. Special order the Ellipse in EPI Mandarin?? Saves you time deciding

5. :graucho: I'll like to see one:nuts: .Mmmm I'm being bias here and choose Jasmine:smile:

6. i hate the shape of the Ellipse. i've seen too many fake ones where i live :yucky:.

i love the Jasmin. and i think the Mandarin can go with more than you imagine. for starters, it looks great with jeans and a white or black tank top :yes:

7. I vote for mandarin jasmin!

8. mandarin jasmin all the way!

9. i totally agree - Jasmin in the mandarine for sure!!!

10. Another vote for the mandarin Jasmine. Prefer the shape and the colour... well.. so pretty, it speaks for itself:smile:)

11. vote for mandarin jasmine

12. If you like both, then buy the Epi Jasmine first because the colour will be discontinued sooner or later, but the Ellipse PM/MM is part of the permanent collection so you can buy it later if you still want it. :flowers:

13. i HAVE been leaning towards the jasmine. I usually do like color, but Mandarin will brighter than any other color i've ever had, which is what makes me a little wary about matching it to outfits. i saw a picture here on a thread of a woman with a mandarin speedy in a black top and black jacket, and it didn't look halloweeny to me.

does complexion affect the look of the bag on you? i've got a south asian complexion that's considered golden by cosmetics standards. you don't think the mandarin will look weird right?

14. I had the Ellipse PM, and the shape is absolutely adorable - I always felt very chic carrying it. But I ended up exchanging it because I really needed something larger. However, if you only want to carry a few things, it might be perfect for you. I saw someone at Costco yesterday carrying an Ellipse with a gorgeous dark patina, and it still looked great.

15. Jasmin for sure! :love:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice