MAMM - is the Mini Mini really mini?

I don't own a MAMM, but I could see myself buying one (a first gen, with side zippers) in the future. For me, the side zippers completely add to the aesthetic of this cute little bag, and without them it is seriously lacking! It seems so silly - they're just two pockets that I probably wouldn't use - but I think their addition makes the bag seem more luxe, as well as adding a nice, unexpected pop of hardware.

I've been recently thinking about this as well! Awesome that you started a thread on it. I remember last summer the buzz was all about the Mini Minis, and I thought they were going to be absolutely perfect for me. I have had a total of 4 or 5, but I have since sold all but one.

I for one actually liked the design change to get rid of the side zippers, as I felt like they cluttered the design of the bag. Removing the zippers was a step in the right direction to make it look more like a MAB, but I wish they continued to go further.

I love how the MAM is a MAB in every design aspect but size, and I wanted the MAMM to head in that direction. I will just never get over the "ear flaps". I want a smaller ring of some sort on the front and the back of the bag (like MABs/MAMs do) to clip the strap to. The one MAMM I did end up keeping has its strap threaded 3 times under the bag, so the flaps don't stick up. But then again, it bothers me that I have to hand carry it all the time now. In the end, no. I thought they were going to be THE RM bag for me, but I am no longer in love with them. :sad:

Are the rules only one thread per item? my thread about the popularity of the mini mini was merged into this one about the size of the bag. This thread was 6 mos old .... maybe because because the comments were starting to sound similar. :weird:

I've been recently thinking about this as well! Awesome that you started a thread on it. I remember last summer the buzz was all about the Mini Minis, and I thought they were going to be absolutely perfect for me. I have had a total of 4 or 5, but I have since sold all but one.

I for one actually liked the design change to get rid of the side zippers, as I felt like they cluttered the design of the bag. Removing the zippers was a step in the right direction to make it look more like a MAB, but I wish they continued to go further.

I love how the MAM is a MAB in every design aspect but size, and I wanted the MAMM to head in that direction. I will just never get over the "ear flaps". I want a smaller ring of some sort on the front and the back of the bag (like MABs/MAMs do) to clip the strap to. The one MAMM I did end up keeping has its strap threaded 3 times under the bag, so the flaps don't stick up. But then again, it bothers me that I have to hand carry it all the time now. In the end, no. I thought they were going to be THE RM bag for me, but I am no longer in love with them. :sad:

LOL (Moderator threw this thread into that old thread!) The new bwmm's don't seem to have as pronounced flaps as the previous shipment did. Bet Rebecca noticed that as well.

Are the rules only one thread per item? my thread about the popularity of the mini mini was merged into this one about the size of the bag. This thread was 6 mos old .... maybe because because the comments were starting to sound similar. :weird:

LOL. I don't think so! People start threads just to say they've ordered a bag! I thought this was a great thread about if the Mini Mini had staying power, and it was merged with one about size. Totally different and yours is kind of an interesting topic, if you ask me!

LOL. I don't think so! People start threads just to say they've ordered a bag! I thought this was a great thread about if the Mini Mini had staying power, and it was merged with one about size. Totally different and yours is kind of an interesting topic, if you ask me!

I agree. Thought it was kind of odd that it got merged.

I can understand why you like the removal of the side zippers (even though I :heart: them) and I totally agree with you about the ear flaps! They don't bother me that much, but I totally think you have a strong point about making it look more like a MAB. I don't think I would ever carry this bag by hand, but if I did it would bother me that I would have to do the triple-strap-loop thing around the bottom of the bag.

Is RM not making MAMM's anymore? I haven't seen any new colors for awhile now.

I ask because I've been wearing my black one the last couple days and it really is such a great bag. I've gotten a lot of complements on it too with everyone saying how adorable it is. Would love to have another in a different color.

^ Maybe not for fall 2010 or spring 2011. I'm gonna cross my fingers, that they return for fall 2011 though! I love them :smile:

Looks like they did not :sad:

I want another one so badly!!! I adore the MAMM. Rebecca is really missing the mark with not having this bag be available anymore. I have never gotten as many compliments on a bag as I have with my MAMM.

I think the mamm went the way of the matinee. It's unlikely that it will be part of the normal line-up, but of course RM could do one season with it again. The same thing will probably happen with mini macs.

Really? Mini Macs, ya think? They are so popular! How strange :confused1:

I wish RM would just keep her classic styles and stop with all these new obscure ones.