MAM/MAB discontinued???

Minkette

Bags are my comfort… and my child’s snack holder.
Dec 22, 2013
Sooo...

Not really digging some of the new RM styles...

Haven't seen any new MAM/MABs being released...

Have they been discontinued?

i think they're phasing out. less and less was made. the price was down from 495$ to 395$ last year but still i've seen the price dived into around or even below 200$. the MAM is a perfect style in a perfect size for my daily bag, i am sorta sad to see this style to be discontinued but i understand it's not as popular (profitable) as before.

I emailed the folks at RM to see what feedback I get. Ill let you guys know! I know there is a new true turquoise color with gunmetal hardware out for a mini mac but small bags just aren't for me most days. I would love to see it in a mam tho!

I wonder if they are viewing the Bowery Satchel as a replacement.

If MAM/MAB is being phased out, it's a sad end to an era, as it's the bag that started it all. I've bought and sold many RM bags over the years, but still love and use my MAMs - such a great, every day workhorse. :sad:

If they are phasing them out, that's sad and I'll definitely have to hold on to the three MAMs and one MAB I still have. It may actually help the secondhand market (for sellers).

Got a response from the RM Team! See below:

Hello!

I just wanted to see if you had heard from our Customer Care team yet. If not, I wanted to let you know that our MAMs have not been discontinued. We are working on rolling out more MAMs in our new Classic colors (Black, Ink, and Fatigue).

I hope this information is helpful!

-Kelsey, RM Team

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :yahoo:

Got a response from the RM Team! See below:

Hello!

I just wanted to see if you had heard from our Customer Care team yet. If not, I wanted to let you know that our MAMs have not been discontinued. We are working on rolling out more MAMs in our new Classic colors (Black, Ink, and Fatigue).

I hope this information is helpful!

-Kelsey, RM Team

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :yahoo:

Well, that's good to know! And Ink sounds intriguing...off to investigate. :smile:

That's too bad if they are phasing the MAM bags out. I love my grape MAM w/ gold studs and still use this bag. The size is a perfect bag because I'm small and it doesn't get too heavy. I wish they brought back the Mini Beloved bag! It might force me to return to purchasing RM bags..if the quality is up to par. I love my Mini Beloved in Vintage Violet which is extremely versatile in size and great for travel.