Making a complaint on a rude SA?!

LVgirl888

O.G.
Dec 10, 2006
I had a horrible experience at a FP Coach boutique and I called Coach customer service to complain. I called and complained because I recently bought a Sabrina at a FP Boutique and it was damaged. I never used it and the tags were still on it. So, the SA told me to go back to the original FP Coach where I bought the Sabrina, but I said I didn't feel like going there. It doesn't make sense to me why I have to go back there. So, I decided to just return it because I didn't want to deal with it. I told the SA that I wanted to return it and have a refund, but the SA said I could get only Merchandise Credit, because I exchanged a wristlet for the Sabrina and paid the difference. I didn't feel like arguing with the SA anymore and took the Merchandise Credit. I really wanted a refund, but the SA was a jerk. Did I do the right thing by calling to complaining to Coach?

For most stores, it's company policy to give store credit for merchandise that was purchased with credit from an exchange. I'm guessing that your wristlet return was technically an "exchange", since you purchased something else. I work in retail and that's my store's policy. I wouldn't really call that rude, just going by her store's policy.

Did you make sure the SA know that the item was damaged? Did she offer to exchange the defective bag for a new one of the exact style?

^^^ I was writing the same thing!!! You beat me to it.

They should have given you credit for the amount you paid for the wristlet you exchanged for the Sabrina and refund your card with the difference you paid. I hope I am making any sense here.

For most stores, it's company policy to give store credit for merchandise that was purchased with credit from an exchange. I'm guessing that your wristlet return was technically an "exchange", since you purchased something else. I work in retail and that's my store's policy. I wouldn't really call that rude, just going by her store's policy.

Did you make sure the SA know that the item was damaged? Did she offer to exchange the defective bag for a new one of the exact style?

I told the SA that the Sabrina was damaged and the SA said that there was nothing wrong with the Sabrina. The first asked if I wanted to go back to the original store to make an exchange. It didn't make sense to me why I had to go back the original FP Coach store to do a return. On the back of the receipt it states that I could go to any Coach store to do a return.

^^^ I was writing the same thing!!! You beat me to it.

They should have given you credit for the amount you paid for the wristlet you exchanged for the Sabrina and refund your card with the difference you paid. I hope I am making any sense here.

The SA didn't refund my card the difference that I paid. I received a store credit for the whole amount of the Sabrina.

What was wrong with the Sabrina?
They should have given you a merch credit for the amount of the wristlet and credited the remainer to your card. It doesn't sound to me like the SA was being rude. Unknowledgeable, maybe, but not rude. I work in retail and I also would have suggested you take the bag to the store where the original transaction happened. More often than not, that store will remember you or that particular Sabrina. Maybe there was some sort of mix up and that bag was never supposed to be sold. Usually the original store will be more apt to work with you to get you a new bag, whether it be to give you free shipping if they have to order it or anything like that. That being said, it was definitely wise of you to let customer service know that the SA was not up to speed on company policies.