Makeup Pet Peeves

this is my own makeup pet peeve but when you've just applied your foundation and it starts caking up instantly on the nose and you can see all your pores all because of your oily skin :sad:
Try ELF Putty Primer. Dab it into your skin and use little enough - it's helped me a lot. Also, MAC Studio Fix powder foundation is great for oily skin. Pair with Maybelline Fit Me! matte powder for blotting.

• Insightful
Reactions: Sferics
For me, it's ppl who are really dated in their makeup looks. I think women should regularly update their makeup/ color with the help of cosmetics SA for a more age appropriate, fresh look.

For example, I dread seeing an older woman wearing makeup from 20 years ago when she could have been shown new looks. It's like they are stuck in a time warp. It's okay to age, I celebrate aging, but please visit a cosmetics counter like once in 5 years!

I don't like seeing women wearing false eyelashes that are completely OVER THE TOP in length and thickness on a daily basis. I think wearing false eyelashes is fun for evening/a night out, but not during the daytime. Embrace your eyelashes and get a good voluminizing mascara.

Reactions: JLO1
I don't like seeing women wearing false eyelashes that are completely OVER THE TOP in length and thickness on a daily basis. I think wearing false eyelashes is fun for evening/a night out, but not during the daytime. Embrace your eyelashes and get a good voluminizing mascara.
Ive seen women wearing them at the gym. You can barely see their eyes. It must be uncomfortable to wrk out in them.

Reactions: JLO1
My pet-peeve is the greenwashing in the beauty industry, especially luxury.

Pretending that packaging or something's sustainable when really it's the brand cutting-back on quality. Glass is fully recyclable, so why would switch to using plastic (recycled or not) or making the glass thinner make it greener?
Greenwashing is my pet peeve overall, especially when there's fear mongering involved. Also, another pet peeve of mine is when anything Hailey Bieber does goes viral and when I bother to google what it is, it's the most basic thing ever that's been done for years.

Insta-Make-Up:
A centimeter's thick full drag makeup, you can't wear in RL without looking like the lovechild of Dee Snider and a chunk of modeling clay...
I haven't seen that plastered-on style for years, I thought it had gone out. I thought it was all about the no-eyebrow look again.

I think it's the effect of makeup influencers. They're good for reviews but (mostly) rubbish for tutorials. Just coz someone is pretty doesn't make them good at make-up, they are really beautiful beforehand, and look OK despite the FULL makeup.
Not Dee Snyder 🤣

I don't know who DS is, but I think I get the idea.

I don't mind how others express themselves via make-up (or fashion) but I think it's a shame if he/she/they don't realise the aesthetic impact may be very different to the one they intended.