Makeup Pet Peeves

My current makeup pet peeve are all of the overdrawn eyebrows I'm seeing everywhere. Full brows are nice but not when they're too big and too much makeup, not enough brow hair.

(Apologies if there is already a thread for makeup pet peeves but I couldn't find it.)
I agree. I don’t like the overdrawn anything. Eyebrows, lips, etc. All the costume/stage makeup looks that are being worn as everyday makeup.

I haven't seen that plastered-on style for years, I thought it had gone out. I thought it was all about the no-eyebrow look again.

I think it's the effect of makeup influencers. They're good for reviews but (mostly) rubbish for tutorials. Just coz someone is pretty doesn't make them good at make-up, they are really beautiful beforehand, and look OK despite the FULL makeup.

My current makeup pet peeve are all of the overdrawn eyebrows I'm seeing everywhere. Full brows are nice but not when they're too big and too much makeup, not enough brow hair.

(Apologies if there is already a thread for makeup pet peeves but I couldn't find it.)

And the 'Instagram brow'. It's just too much with no balance to the rest of the face.

My biggest one is...

No label on make-up bags, or continuity pics inside them!

This is especially frustrating when dealing with 6 or more actors. As it's very easy to use another actor's make-up on the wrong actor. It's really gross especially with lip products, powders, brushes, sponges... We've all done by accident and realize it when it's too late. It's more common than most people realize.

Here's an example:

IMG_5628.jpg

This is how it should be properly labeled... No guessing!

IMG_4739.jpg

Eyebrows were important during the mask wearing as that was what we really could see
but don't like that obvious painted dated eyebrow look especially when there are so many
innovative natural looking eyebrow products available in the marketplace now..
Plumped up unnatural looking lips.. obvious injectables where the lips almost touch the nose..
Black dots from mascara

My pet-peeve is the greenwashing in the beauty industry, especially luxury.

Pretending that packaging or something's sustainable when really it's the brand cutting-back on quality. Glass is fully recyclable, so why would switch to using plastic (recycled or not) or making the glass thinner make it greener?

I felt the same way until I discovered that many recycling companies will not recycle cosmetic glass. This includes the recycling group in my city. Nordstrom and another company (Old Navy?) have started a recycling program but I’m not convinced they aren’t just dumping them somewhere.

Another big Make-up pet peeve!

When the dedicated Wi-Fi is down so we can't take screen grabs from our devices (with our film app), so we have to take photos of the monitors like this for continuity... It's absolute barbarism I tells ya:panic:

IMG_7524.jpg

For me, it's the clumpy mascara and cakey foundation. yikes! especially for clumpy mascara it looks like a spider sitting on my eye and for the cakey foundation it gives my skin a heavy apperance. I think moisturizing face before applying the foundation is very important