YESS! I'm focusing on skincare too, trying to glow up.I'll have to admit that I have gotten pretty lazy during this time. Not only am I not wearing makeup regularly anymore, but my skin care routine has been neglected too. But having read the posts here, I have been inspired by you all to resume my normal routine, at least when it comes to skin care. I am determined to emerge from this quarantine having not gained the covid-19 and looking like I got a facelift.
That is so interesting, thank youOur Unions' Make-up Department has taken this pandemic opportunity to educate us Members once every couple of weeks on new sanitation protocols and procedures that will be in full effect when we resume filming long after the pandemic is over and quarantines that have been lifted. Such as:
- No more fingers and no more back of hands.
- Gloves, masks and booties at all times.
- After cleaning brushes and tools they need to be autoclaved.
- More use of sponges.
- Finals that used to take seconds, will now take tens-of-minutes. (There is an entire detailed procedure on this)
- No more compact powders for back ground performers. Only for Principle and day player actors.
- There is talk of phasing out brushes all together and using disposables such as q-tips, cotton pads, sponges, blot papers, and applicators.
- There is also talk of purchasing 10 to 20 times the amount of brushes each MuA already has in their inventory
- Air brushing will be standard procedure.
- Disinfecting mirrors, chairs, capes, tools, make-up, and make-up stations between actors.
- Limit the amount of people in the make-up trailer at any given time, including actor holding areas.
And this is just for starters.
The good thing is that our president of the Make-up Department is in regular contact with the membership with links to educational seminars and resources, whether it be make-up related, or financial or mental support related.
Yes, this has been a good time for me to grow out my over-plucked eyebrows. And I've also really looking been into eyelash growing products. Just haven't decided which one to pull the trigger on.Many of us are sensing that our "eyes" & "brows" are going to be the new focus