makeup and the pandemic

I'm also not wearing makeup, feels pointless since I'm not going out. I only bother when I have to for Zoom.

Actually staying at home so much has been an impetus for me to use up products that were a flop for me. I recently finished a Lip Tattoo - do you know those K-Beauty lip stains that you can peel off which are supposed to "stain" your lips with that color? It was a flop for me because I get so much more pay-off from actual lipsticks/lip tints and this lip stain didn't really survive me eating food. But since I'm staying at home it helps when I look at the mirror at see myself with some color hehe.

I'll have to admit that I have gotten pretty lazy during this time. Not only am I not wearing makeup regularly anymore, but my skin care routine has been neglected too. But having read the posts here, I have been inspired by you all to resume my normal routine, at least when it comes to skin care. I am determined to emerge from this quarantine having not gained the covid-19 and looking like I got a facelift. ;)

I'll have to admit that I have gotten pretty lazy during this time. Not only am I not wearing makeup regularly anymore, but my skin care routine has been neglected too. But having read the posts here, I have been inspired by you all to resume my normal routine, at least when it comes to skin care. I am determined to emerge from this quarantine having not gained the covid-19 and looking like I got a facelift. ;)

YESS! I'm focusing on skincare too, trying to glow up.

Reactions: loh and papertiger
Our Unions' Make-up Department has taken this pandemic opportunity to educate us Members once every couple of weeks on new sanitation protocols and procedures that will be in full effect when we resume filming long after the pandemic is over and quarantines that have been lifted. Such as:

- No more fingers and no more back of hands.
- Gloves, masks and booties at all times.
- After cleaning brushes and tools they need to be autoclaved.
- More use of sponges.
- Finals that used to take seconds, will now take tens-of-minutes. (There is an entire detailed procedure on this)
- No more compact powders for back ground performers. Only for Principle and day player actors.
- There is talk of phasing out brushes all together and using disposables such as q-tips, cotton pads, sponges, blot papers, and applicators.
- There is also talk of purchasing 10 to 20 times the amount of brushes each MuA already has in their inventory
- Air brushing will be standard procedure.
- Disinfecting mirrors, chairs, capes, tools, make-up, and make-up stations between actors.
- Limit the amount of people in the make-up trailer at any given time, including actor holding areas.
And this is just for starters.

The good thing is that our president of the Make-up Department is in regular contact with the membership with links to educational seminars and resources, whether it be make-up related, or financial or mental support related.

That is so interesting, thank you

Normally I just wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, highlighter. Sometimes bronzer, sometimes a lip product, sometimes concealer just for blemishes (only very obvious ones, most of the time I don't cover anything). I never do foundation, powder, concealer under eyes, anything for brows as I have full brows. So I consider myself pretty minimal in normal circumstances.

Sadly I don't wear highlighter/bronzer or lip products other than clear ones anymore since it's covered by the mask and I don't want it on my mask. I enjoy doing eyeshadow so if I do anything it would be that, it's also easy to wash off at the end of the day. I hate removing eyeliner and mascara but I do usually wear them, sometimes though I will just do a little eyeshadow under my eyes instead of the eye pencil since it's easier to remove and skip mascara. It doesn't look as good but I'm finding a lot of days I just don't care. I also don't care enough to do makeup only for video conferencing, the picture quality is so poor you really can't tell anyway so I don't bother if I'm not actually going anywhere.

I'm wearing my normal makeup most days. I just feel better with it. I feel more confident and more myself. I have terrible rosacea and I'm self conscious about it even if I'm home alone. (I know I shouldn't be, but at 51yo, it's not likely to change). And it just makes me feel a little more like life is normal.

• Love
Reactions: 880 and limom
BC just opened up their film production industry and the Hair / Make-up dept. have to wear full surgical scrubs as the go to PPE. Have to admit, surgical scrubs look a lot better than wearing full on CSI bunny suits. And oh, the talent have to wear a mask and face shield... fun times ahead on a whole new make-up application routine.