Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708

mrssparkles

Happy
Mar 25, 2006
I have a very dear friend whom I love and respect alot. And I post this question in hope of helping me, and her see things in other people's perspectives other than our very own. Our H experiences are rather varied and I somehow think it's a factor of many things, and no one single reason can explain why our H store experiences are different ... inconsistent ... and sometimes, just poor.

a) How often are you in contact with your SA/store? Be it via phone calls, emails, personal store visits.

b) Do you feel like you need to keep your H relationship warm by keeping a constant and regular contact? Do you believe that it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind" with H staff; that time away from your store will affect your H relatioship?

c) if for whatever reason/s, you stop calling your store maybe because you were going through a busy period. Will your SA remember to call you?

d) Suppose you asked your SA to do a global search for something for you. Do you get to hear back from your SA? Do you get regular updates about the status? We all know that global searches are manual, and responses can be as late as 6 weeks' later. Do you need to constantly remind your SA to ask about this?

I talk to my SA once or twice a month. Sometimes when I go through a busy spell and don't call her, she will check in to see what's going on and find out why she hasn't heard from me. I have also managed to build relationships at other stores and I find that once they know I have certain contacts at other stores, they will work together (believe it or not) to help me get a bag I want or locate some Hermes item that I am looking for. I don't really have to remind any of them about global searches. They are usually pretty good about staying on the job and giving me regular updates.

Reactions: lastnametea
I have a very dear friend whom I love and respect alot. And I post this question in hope of helping me, and her see things in other people's perspectives other than our very own. Our H experiences are rather varied and I somehow think it's a factor of many things, and no one single reason can explain why our H store experiences are different ... inconsistent ... and sometimes, just poor.

a) How often are you in contact with your SA/store? Be it via phone calls, emails, personal store visits. I go in twice a week so, yes, I'm in close contact. I'm in close contact via phone with them regarding important matters if I'm unable to come in.

b) Do you feel like you need to keep your H relationship warm by keeping a constant and regular contact? Yes, but I think this is true of most relationships. Do you believe that it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind" with H staff; that time away from your store will affect your H relatioship? Yes.

c) if for whatever reason/s, you stop calling your store maybe because you were going through a busy period. Will your SA remember to call you? Yes. In fact, my old SA just left the company and just called me now just to say "hello". I feel the new one will be the same, in fact, even more so.

d) Suppose you asked your SA to do a global search for something for you. Do you get to hear back from your SA? Yes. Do you get regular updates about the status? Yes, but again I'm there frequently. We all know that global searches are manual, and responses can be as late as 6 weeks' later. Do you need to constantly remind your SA to ask about this?No. I pop in just to say hi and see what's new and that's how they keep me updated.

kellybag- can you please post it? i'm curious what everyone's responses will be.

personally i call when i need something. i'm not personal friends with the SAs (is anyone? really?) and I'm not in the market for a Birkin or to have an SA call me to let me know what's available so there's no reason for me to keep in contact with them otherwise. Plus I'm sure they're really busy and I think a "just to chat" call would be a nuisance to them. When I call my Alaskan SA i leave messages so I don't take him off the floor or bother him even.

That being said I go in when I need/ want something and often when I don't. When I go in or when I call I am always friendly. I get along well with all the people who have and hopefully will continue to help me.

But honestly I think the mark of a good SA is one who remembers you regardless of whether you call them, send them gifts, check in, etc etc. But then again I am not the typical boardie or hermes client and I know my opinion matters little around here.

MrsS, I will have to answer quickly..

a) How often are you in contact with your SA/store? Be it via phone calls, emails, personal store visits.

Every couple of weeks. Usually phone. Emails are spotty, she sends me pics but does not always reply to emails as she is more junior and doesnt check email every day. I usually call to follow up on an email, or leave a message at H to ask her to check emails, as several SAs share it.

b) Do you feel like you need to keep your H relationship warm by keeping a constant and regular contact?

I need it for me, I need a fix. I like to be on the hunt for something, even if it is a small thing...But I do think it helps when I go there, they know I am enthusiastic about the brand, so they are enthusiastic to show me things, especially new things. I think there are two kinds of "good" customers, those who buy a lot, and those who love/appreciate a lot and buy what they can, even if it is not a lot (by VVIP standards).

Do you believe that it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind" with H staff; that time away from your store will affect your H relatioship?

No. But my store has many out of town clients from Asia and the islands, so they are accustomed to having long distance relationships.

c) if for whatever reason/s, you stop calling your store maybe because you were going through a busy period. Will your SA remember to call you?

Absolutely. Because I feel like she is always thinking of something I would like. For example, We have discovered that the same colorways of scarves flatter each of us, so when she tries on something that really pops on her, she sets it aside right away and calls me.

d) Suppose you asked your SA to do a global search for something for you. Do you get to hear back from your SA? Do you get regular updates about the status? We all know that global searches are manual, and responses can be as late as 6 weeks' later. Do you need to constantly remind your SA to ask about this?

I get regular updates. But sometimes the update is to say she hasnt really had time to start searching in earnest yet. This is in the case of things I tell her not to "rush" on. Otherwise, she usually turns things up within a couple of weeks. There is one thing she has been looking for for a while, and she does tell me she hasnt found it everytime I talk to her.

MrsS, I hope this helps. My relationship with my SA is also one where we laugh a lot, and I call her my "partner in crime." I know not all customers feel comfortable to have a relaxed and fun relationship such as we have, but in any case I hope there is information here to help you and your friend...:heart:

Reactions: lovebirkinbait

a) How often are you in contact with your SA/store? Be it via phone calls, emails, personal store visits. Once a week

b) Do you feel like you need to keep your H relationship warm by keeping a constant and regular contact? Do you believe that it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind" with H staff; that time away from your store will affect your H relatioship?I enjoy having a chat with my SA which is why I call

c) if for whatever reason/s, you stop calling your store maybe because you were going through a busy period. Will your SA remember to call you? Yes, I get a call once every couple of weeks

d) Suppose you asked your SA to do a global search for something for you. Do you get to hear back from your SA? always Do you get regular updates about the status? yes We all know that global searches are manual, and responses can be as late as 6 weeks' later. Do you need to constantly remind your SA to ask about this?[/QUOTE] No, my SA is super efficient.

Reactions: lovebirkinbait

b) Do you feel like you need to keep your H relationship warm by keeping a constant and regular contact? Do you believe that it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind" with H staff; that time away from your store will affect your H relatioship?

hmm...interesting questions...
A) Only when I'm interested in something do I contact them. So this might be once a month, and it might be once a season. I am not within "walking" distance to my H stores...so I never go in to browse.

B)I do believe out of sight out of mind, but I don't feel like I have to keep constant contact. A good SA takes notes about what their customers want and should review those notes regularly.

C) Yes...as long as these were SAs who took notes. Otherwise, they forget about it unless you call them regularly.

D)Yes I hear back from my SAs if they find something, but I try not waste their time with tons of inquires. Usually I hear back and if I don't I will follow up. They do have lives and I don't expect to be their first priority above all other customers.

It's 3 am over where I am, and I am wide awake, can you believe that.

It's hard to understand what goes on in all the SA's heads. And how they service us, customers. I sometimes think that the quality of service we get, all depends on the SA's age (read: sales experience and customer management skills) and the level of stress that they have to go through on a daily basis.

What I have noticed that has changed in recent months is the influx of walk-in customers. I feel that our store is attracting more walk-in customers and tourists, and I believe that leaves our SAs little time to contact us. There is just so many hours in a day.

personally i call when i need something. i'm not personal friends with the SAs (is anyone? really?) and I'm not in the market for a Birkin or to have an SA call me to let me know what's available so there's no reason for me to keep in contact with them otherwise. Plus I'm sure they're really busy and I think a "just to chat" call would be a nuisance to them. When I call my Alaskan SA i leave messages so I don't take him off the floor or bother him even.

That being said I go in when I need/ want something and often when I don't. When I go in or when I call I am always friendly. I get along well with all the people who have and hopefully will continue to help me.

But honestly I think the mark of a good SA is one who remembers you regardless of whether you call them, send them gifts, check in, etc etc.

yup!
yup!
yup!

I try to remain in contact with my SA every couple of months and I occasionally visit the H store to say "Hello". I try to call my SA before I visit the store so my SA can expect me.

b) Do you feel like you need to keep your H relationship warm by keeping a constant and regular contact? Do you believe that it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind" with H staff; that time away from your store will affect your H relatioship? No, I don't feel that I need to remain in contact to maintain a professional relationship. From the first time I met my SA (after many attempts to get one). She and I knew we would make a great team! She has known me very well that she's aware of my specific needs, wants, colors, leathers, fabrics, prints...even my voice when I call. I have been at the H store many times before I met my SA and some of the SA kind of snubbed me or at one point when I try to inquire on something, one SA in particular stopped mid sentence and helped out her "regular" customers. Needless to say...I "could" be one of thier new "regular" customer. I did not give up..and eventually met my designated SA. In case of "Out Of Sight"..my SA knows I have a busy life.....ie travels, commute...so she advised me to call first, so "WE" can sit, chat, show me "goodies" or any request that I need.

c) if for whatever reason/s, you stop calling your store maybe because you were going through a busy period. Will your SA remember to call you? absolutely...my SA always seem to call me at the most unexpected time.

d) Suppose you asked your SA to do a global search for something for you. Do you get to hear back from your SA? Do you get regular updates about the status? We all know that global searches are manual, and responses can be as late as 6 weeks' later. Do you need to constantly remind your SA to ask about this? I have not had any global search. If I did have a request, my SA will follow through and let me know eventually. I dont need to remind my SA about my search...she's pretty damn good!!

Do you think that it's harder for bigger stores to give good service?

Has Hermes become so 'main stream' that more and more people are buying Hermes? And I don't mean to come across as snooty, but do you not think that serving more new customers on a daily basis means that SAs have less time to groom a H relationship with you?

I talk to my SA once or twice a month. Sometimes when I go through a busy spell and don't call her, she will check in to see what's going on and find out why she hasn't heard from me. I have also managed to build relationships at other stores and I find that once they know I have certain contacts at other stores, they will work together (believe it or not) to help me get a bag I want or locate some Hermes item that I am looking for. I don't really have to remind any of them about global searches. They are usually pretty good about staying on the job and giving me regular updates.

nathangirl, this is the part that my friend and I do not see the consistency. The difference for me, is that I am a persistent person. And patience is not a virtue that I have. I nag. And I can nag every week. My friend is the sweetest calm person on earth. So, there is never a scenario where I am too busy to call, KWIM? So I am not faced with a situation where I don't get calls, when I am the one making them all the time! LOL!

I personally think that once SAs know that there is competition for the customer dollar, they sit up and pay more attention. I think when my store realised that I sometimes pop into the other H store downtown , they get anxious. And they want to know what I was looking for. I think they knowing that I can make the choice of shopping elsewhere makes them want to work a little 'harder'.

Reactions: orangefeast
Do you think that it's harder for bigger stores to give good service?

Has Hermes become so 'main stream' that more and more people are buying Hermes? And I don't mean to come across as snooty, but do you not think that serving more new customers on a daily basis means that SAs have less time to groom a H relationship with you?

I think with larger stores its not so much how many customers they serve, but who they serve. Let's face it the more VIPs a store serves, the less time they have for the regular everyday customer.And I think one can safely assume that the larger store service mor VIPs.

While we would like to live in an ideal world where everyone gets equal service and follow up whether they buy a twilly or a Croc Birkin, the bottom line is is the customer who in buying a Croc Birkin will come first. The customer who buys regularly will get more attention than the person who buys a scarf once a year.