Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
In the past, I've been offered and purchased two B35s from my SA over the course of two years. The most recent one being in May of this year. I've remained very loyal to my SA, and only purchase through him. I'm traveling again for business next month, and I emailed my SA three weeks ago about my upcoming trip. I listed the things I'm interested in purchasing (non B related items in addition to my B wishlist), however I haven't heard back yet. I'm a little worried, although in the past it has taken about two weeks for him to reply to my emails. Do you think my SA is ghosting me? Does the two B or K quota apply to everyone or just high end clientele?

In the past, I've been offered and purchased two B35s from my SA over the course of two years. The most recent one being in May of this year. I've remained very loyal to my SA, and only purchase through him. I'm traveling again for business next month, and I emailed my SA three weeks ago about my upcoming trip. I listed the things I'm interested in purchasing (non B related items in addition to my B wishlist), however I haven't heard back yet. I'm a little worried, although in the past it has taken about two weeks for him to reply to my emails. Do you think my SA is ghosting me? Does the two B or K quota apply to everyone or just high end clientele?
if you have emailed him multiple times and he has not reply back, you might want to call him...

My experience is that in general SAs can only hold items for a week. There isn't much point in contacting them before that because even if the perfect item is in the store, they won't be able to keep it for you for that long anyway. The B/K quota applies to everyone (with VIP exceptions I'm sure) but the semesters run Jan-June and July-Dec so if you got one in May, you are theoretically available to get another one now. I'd give the SA a call a week ahead of your trip to remind them of your email, maybe with the excuse of "oh yeah I just remembered this other thing I was hoping to look at while there next week, in addition to the items I emailed about" Good luck.

Reactions: partialtopink

Every SA is different. Some are very responsive with emails some don't respond at all. My current SA usually doesn't respond unless he's 100% certain he can get everything I have on the list or when I ask for care instructions., i.e., when it's definitely necessary. But he takes good care of me and puts things aside when he knows I'll like. It's possible that your SA is working on getting the items for you but can't guarantee everything. You can email / call him to confirm if he received your previous email. But I think most of the time they don't tell you over the phone or on email that they will have a B or K waiting for you unless it's a "you've been waiting for a bag with specifics for a long time and they finally have it in and you NEED to come soon" kind of situation.

I shop out of state as well and it’s good you notified your SA early so you are in the radar. I suggest you follow up again in the beginning of the month. For me, and every SA/SM is different, they hold stuff for me within the month of my arrival. Since it’s too early to hold things for you, I’d follow up again say the first week of November. The stuff they get this month they have to sell anyway before it ends.

Also, you are subject to semester rules, but you’re fine since your last purchase was in May, but you may need a bit more spending in between your visit, since you gotta “build up” your profile after you May purchase.

Reactions: partialtopink
I shop out of state as well and it’s good you notified your SA early so you are in the radar. I suggest you follow up again in the beginning of the month. For me, and every SA/SM is different, they hold stuff for me within the month of my arrival. Since it’s too early to hold things for you, I’d follow up again say the first week of November. The stuff they get this month they have to sell anyway before it ends.

Also, you are subject to semester rules, but you’re fine since your last purchase was in May, but you may need a bit more spending in between your visit, since you gotta “build up” your profile after you May purchase.

Thanks for the intel! I had no idea they have to sell their inventory monthly. My trip is Nov 6-11, so hopefully there will be a wishlist B for me. I'm hoping to pick up the gold Avalon blanket and perhaps a matching 32 mm belt to coordinate with a bag. The Brides de Gala Bayadere (aka "Christmas") twilly also has my name on it. Really hoping for a RC or other true red B30 or 35!

Thanks for the intel! I had no idea they have to sell their inventory monthly. My trip is Nov 6-11, so hopefully there will be a wishlist B for me. I'm hoping to pick up the gold Avalon blanket and perhaps a matching 32 mm belt to coordinate with a bag. The Brides de Gala Bayadere (aka "Christmas") twilly also has my name on it. Really hoping for a RC or other true red B30 or 35!

They don't have to sell their inventory monthly, but they need to meet their monthly sales requirement. So if they've already met it that month, sometimes they try to hold some inventory for the next month.

I am just beginning my journey with Hermes. I'm equidistant to the DC and KOP boutiques, but I travel a lot for work, so I could find myself in a boutique anywhere in the country fairly easily. I popped in to the DC store on a whim a bit ago inquiring about a Herbag. They didn't have any, but I ended up buying a Clic H bracelet and the SA said to let him know when I was coming down next and he would try to get a Herbag in stock. Of course I asked about B/K, but there were none, and he said it would be about 6 months before I could even think about seeing one. I emailed the following week inquiring about scarves and twillys, but never heard anything back. On Saturday I found myself at the Boston boutique, and they had both a Herbag in Etoupe/Officier, and a wider selection of Evelyne PMs than DC. The SA in Boston was raving about a green Evelyne that had just arrived. The Herbag in Etoupe wasn't jumping out at me, but once he pulled out the Evelyne in Clemence Vert Olive, I was in love. I asked how many were left in that color, and he said not many, and none in DC. I know that I need to create a relationship, but I couldn't pass up this Evelyne and she came home with me.

The SA in Boston spent over an hour with me, was honest and forthright about my chances for a B/K, and was lovely to work with. I had the whole experience--cellophane removed from the box and all. I felt rushed with the SA in DC, partially because it was close to closing, and partially because I felt like a nuisance. Boston is less convenient than DC, but I had a better experience. I won't be there nearly as often as DC, which means less of an opportunity to create a relationship. Do I continue to shop where I find what I'm looking for? Do I try to make it work with DC? Or do I continue working with Boston? Part of me hates the game, but I also want a B/K. What should be my next step?

I won't be there nearly as often as DC, which means less of an opportunity to create a relationship. Do I continue to shop where I find what I'm looking for? Do I try to make it work with DC? Or do I continue working with Boston?
My personal experience has been to find an SA that you click with. If you are into a B/K (or multiple Bs/Ks haha), you are in for the long run and you want an SA that you are comfortable with, that you know has your back, and that you know will go out of their way to give you that "shopping experience".

I considered a number of SAs before settling with mine (OK, settling sounds terrible. I mean, I decided to go with mine). One test that I typically do is to ask the SAs for a particular item, not to the level of a B/K, but something that's cheaper yet harder to locate. Examples would be the Canadian Wild scarf that was released earlier this year. If your SA goes out of their way to find the item for you, you might have found the right person. Some SAs don't really bother with the smaller items because, commissions, especially around an item that is in high demand, so to me that's a differentiating factor.

If you can find a way to go to a non-local store maybe just once or twice a quarter, I think a relationship in that store is doable. DC and Boston aren't *that* far that it makes it impossible for you to make it work.

Good luck and happy hunting!

I am just beginning my journey with Hermes. I'm equidistant to the DC and KOP boutiques, but I travel a lot for work, so I could find myself in a boutique anywhere in the country fairly easily. I popped in to the DC store on a whim a bit ago inquiring about a Herbag. They didn't have any, but I ended up buying a Clic H bracelet and the SA said to let him know when I was coming down next and he would try to get a Herbag in stock. Of course I asked about B/K, but there were none, and he said it would be about 6 months before I could even think about seeing one. I emailed the following week inquiring about scarves and twillys, but never heard anything back. On Saturday I found myself at the Boston boutique, and they had both a Herbag in Etoupe/Officier, and a wider selection of Evelyne PMs than DC. The SA in Boston was raving about a green Evelyne that had just arrived. The Herbag in Etoupe wasn't jumping out at me, but once he pulled out the Evelyne in Clemence Vert Olive, I was in love. I asked how many were left in that color, and he said not many, and none in DC. I know that I need to create a relationship, but I couldn't pass up this Evelyne and she came home with me.

The SA in Boston spent over an hour with me, was honest and forthright about my chances for a B/K, and was lovely to work with. I had the whole experience--cellophane removed from the box and all. I felt rushed with the SA in DC, partially because it was close to closing, and partially because I felt like a nuisance. Boston is less convenient than DC, but I had a better experience. I won't be there nearly as often as DC, which means less of an opportunity to create a relationship. Do I continue to shop where I find what I'm looking for? Do I try to make it work with DC? Or do I continue working with Boston? Part of me hates the game, but I also want a B/K. What should be my next step?

You don't have to be "in-store" to maintain a relationship. Staying current with non B/K, e.g. other bags and SLG and scarves, shawls, etc. through TPF and H.com and other boutiques you visit is a great way to choose pieces that you might like to purchase. And then you can make a phone appointment with the Boston SA to to make your purchases. Hope this alternative makes sense.

Reactions: Sofia Mena

I agree with the previous comments. I would also like to add 2 more factors to consider, 1) whether the SA understands your style 2) if you feel comfortable with overall vibe of the store.

If you're looking for B / K, it's likely that you'll purchase other items to get your "dream bag" -- either you know or not exactly know what the specs of that bag is (H just makes too many amazing bags that things you don't think of but so gorgeous and better than your expectation just fall into your hands sometimes). You need an SA that will find you things that make you feel naturally excited getting, not obliged to get in order to get that B or K. And the better you get along with other SAs / the whole store, the more likely you'll get things you like when they have to choose which customer to give when there's only one.

Good luck!

It's always good to deal regularly with any employee. If you can do so at H without inconveniencing or putting yourself out unduly, that is good. But if you do so just to play the game, you are likely to be disappointed.

I agree. That's why I believe it's better to find a store that you like their vibe. Each store can be very different. It always works better and is more pleasant when it's genuine and not a game.