Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Hi everyone
(Long post)
I would love some advice in my current situation. I’m getting back into Hermes after a 4+ year break. When I did shop, it was a small spend as I was very new & just starting my H journey when my priorities shifted to focus on becoming a mom. Now that my son is older, I’d like to get back into Hermes again.
My dilemma is this:my local store is the very competitive Beverly Hills location. My previous spend was 75% at this store, but not w the same SA. The other 25% was at the Vegas Crystals store while I was on vacation 4+ Yrs ago. My last spend was 2017 at the Beverly Hills store.

Fast forward to 2021, I’d like to start purchasing again. I received the contact info of super super nice SA at the Wynn Vegas boutique a few weeks ago. I sent her a text and she responded back immediately & was very kind & open to working with me.
I’ve asked her for several items: twillies, bag charms, fine jewelry ring that seems to be always sold out. The other items were unavailable, but She immediately had the ring transferred in & it’ll arrive at her boutique on Monday. I’ve also let her know that I’m interested in a lot of other items as well, but that I can work with her on those when I manage to make it to Vegas in the next month or two.
Because she did mention in her initial text that she would be happy to assist me & let her know whatever I’m interested in BUT that it would be easier if I can make it into the store to try on, see things etc in person vs just doing remote orders. So I wanted to let her know that I am interested to come in soon and I can do my larger spends in store & request a few smaller items via remote order. And she is very responsive to my inquiries, even small items like a twilly, to let me know they aren’t available but she will keep an eye out for me.
But I’ve had many people in my ear telling me that the Vegas boutiques have terrible stock & they give preference to their locals vs remote order clients. And that Beverly Hills is very competitive, but that they make up for it by receiving large amounts of stock. I’m not in a rush but of course I would love a Kelly or Birkin & I want a long lasting relationship. So I’ve been toying w the idea of starting over at Beverly Hills & have asked a few lovely ladies here for their SA recommendations & been kindly given a few referrals.
So while I find the Vegas SA amazing I’m not sure if it’s the best long term decision, given I’m such a novice & I’m not able to envision how each scenario may possibly play out.
just want to add, the last Beverly Hills SA I spent with was superrr dismissive & off putting. We were just making small talk with him & the topic of Birkin came up & he immediately was like “oh yeah impossible. Those are always taken by celebrities, big spenders here, if I were you I wouldn’t waste my time trying to get one from this location”and this was after we had said that I wasn’t even in the market for one anytime soon. Sooo yeah that really soured my outlook on the BH store. He was very belittling blunt & rude.
I wasn’t a long term client but my goodness we were still spending with him & we all have to start somewhere .

If you’ve made it this far, thank you so much for taking the time to read i Truly appreciate your time! And am open to any thoughts & advice .

sorry forgot to add this:
Regarding the ring I ordered from the Vegas SA, I’m still interested to purchase it from her regardless of which store I decide to continue with . I really appreciate her time & I also really want the ring. Just wanted to note that :smile:

It sounds like you have had a really nice experience so far engaging with the SA at the Vegas store. I think it may well be worth continuing to explore that as she seems both responsive and open to building a working relationship with you. Personally, I am not a fan of the the BH Boutique; it is the only store where the service I received was horrendous. My work frequently brought me to LA prior to the Pandemic, but I was appalled by the behavior of the SA who "spoke" with me. She basically refused to show me anything or provide any service for the anniversary gift (china) and housewarming gifts I was there to hopefully purchase for family still living there. Once she knew that I no longer live in Beverly Hills, I was told to "go back to my home boutique and shop there." I am blessed to have experienced excellent service absolutely everywhere else I have visited, so I personally wouldn't recommend BH.

Hi everyone
(Long post)
I would love some advice in my current situation. I’m getting back into Hermes after a 4+ year break. When I did shop, it was a small spend as I was very new & just starting my H journey when my priorities shifted to focus on becoming a mom. Now that my son is older, I’d like to get back into Hermes again.
My dilemma is this:my local store is the very competitive Beverly Hills location. My previous spend was 75% at this store, but not w the same SA. The other 25% was at the Vegas Crystals store while I was on vacation 4+ Yrs ago. My last spend was 2017 at the Beverly Hills store.

Fast forward to 2021, I’d like to start purchasing again. I received the contact info of super super nice SA at the Wynn Vegas boutique a few weeks ago. I sent her a text and she responded back immediately & was very kind & open to working with me.
I’ve asked her for several items: twillies, bag charms, fine jewelry ring that seems to be always sold out. The other items were unavailable, but She immediately had the ring transferred in & it’ll arrive at her boutique on Monday. I’ve also let her know that I’m interested in a lot of other items as well, but that I can work with her on those when I manage to make it to Vegas in the next month or two.
Because she did mention in her initial text that she would be happy to assist me & let her know whatever I’m interested in BUT that it would be easier if I can make it into the store to try on, see things etc in person vs just doing remote orders. So I wanted to let her know that I am interested to come in soon and I can do my larger spends in store & request a few smaller items via remote order. And she is very responsive to my inquiries, even small items like a twilly, to let me know they aren’t available but she will keep an eye out for me.
But I’ve had many people in my ear telling me that the Vegas boutiques have terrible stock & they give preference to their locals vs remote order clients. And that Beverly Hills is very competitive, but that they make up for it by receiving large amounts of stock. I’m not in a rush but of course I would love a Kelly or Birkin & I want a long lasting relationship. So I’ve been toying w the idea of starting over at Beverly Hills & have asked a few lovely ladies here for their SA recommendations & been kindly given a few referrals.
So while I find the Vegas SA amazing I’m not sure if it’s the best long term decision, given I’m such a novice & I’m not able to envision how each scenario may possibly play out.
just want to add, the last Beverly Hills SA I spent with was superrr dismissive & off putting. We were just making small talk with him & the topic of Birkin came up & he immediately was like “oh yeah impossible. Those are always taken by celebrities, big spenders here, if I were you I wouldn’t waste my time trying to get one from this location”and this was after we had said that I wasn’t even in the market for one anytime soon. Sooo yeah that really soured my outlook on the BH store. He was very belittling blunt & rude.
I wasn’t a long term client but my goodness we were still spending with him & we all have to start somewhere .

If you’ve made it this far, thank you so much for taking the time to read i Truly appreciate your time! And am open to any thoughts & advice .

sorry forgot to add this:
Regarding the ring I ordered from the Vegas SA, I’m still interested to purchase it from her regardless of which store I decide to continue with . I really appreciate her time & I also really want the ring. Just wanted to note that :smile:
l don´t even bother going to the H store in BH anymore, l find them rude to be honest. Last time l was there (years ago) l asked about a clic H bracelet and they acted like l was asking for a himalayan. What´s with the attitude at that store? :annoyed:

It sounds like you have had a really nice experience so far engaging with the SA at the Vegas store. I think it may well be worth continuing to explore that as she seems both responsive and open to building a working relationship with you. Personally, I am not a fan of the the BH Boutique; it is the only store where the service I received was horrendous. My work frequently brought me to LA prior to the Pandemic, but I was appalled by the behavior of the SA who "spoke" with me. She basically refused to show me anything or provide any service for the anniversary gift (china) and housewarming gifts I was there to hopefully purchase for family still living there. Once she knew that I no longer live in Beverly Hills, I was told to "go back to my home boutique and shop there." I am blessed to have experienced excellent service absolutely everywhere else I have visited, so I personally wouldn't recommend BH.
Thank you for sharing your experience. That is terrible I’m sorry you were treated that way! I can’t understand the attitude, it’s really baffling to me! Her loss as you were clearly a serious shopper.
I’m so happy to hear that your other H experiences have been positive for you.
I’m sure there are good SAs there as well, but the general vibe from that boutique for walk-ins and new clients is not very welcoming, unfortunately. Those SAs likely do it to weed out those that aren’t “serious” about being long term clients, which probably are the only type of clients they are interested in serving.

l don´t even bother going to the H store in BH anymore, l find them rude to be honest. Last time l was there (years ago) l asked about a clic H bracelet and they acted like l was asking for a himalayan. What´s with the attitude at that store? :annoyed:
Awful, sorry you had a bad experience too!
it sounds like a fair amount of the SAs at the BH boutique are on a bit of a power trip and enjoy making walk ins/new clients feel unwelcome & unwanted.
It does sound like a bunch of us who had the bad experiences were from a few years back, perhaps they’ve improved their customer service skills with everything that’s gone on in the world in recent times & people trying to be more kind to one another.

This may be a silly question but do you need a special relationship to buy shoes? Specifically Oran sandals. In store. I know there’s stock online. Does anyone know if the stock on oran sandals is good in store? Also has anyone seen Evelyne’s in the nyc stores?

This may be a silly question but do you need a special relationship to buy shoes? Specifically Oran sandals. In store. I know there’s stock online. Does anyone know if the stock on oran sandals is good in store? Also has anyone seen Evelyne’s in the nyc stores?
No but you may need to request a specific size and color be in for your appointment. I understand that in certain countries some colors can be hard to come by.

The Madison Avenue store has plenty of Evelyne bags in different sizes and colors. If you don’t see a color or size on display it is worth asking the SAs as they generally have lots of additional choices available.

Maybe weird question: Do the H SA knows when your upcoming birthday is without me telling them? Like it’s on their system and reminds them or something. I know it’s in my H profile, but just curious... I don’t wanna be too upfront or sound demanding, or my SA to feel too pressured like “hey It’s my birthday next month... hope to have B/K.” Lol.

Reactions: DreamerofLux
Maybe weird question: Do the H SA knows when your upcoming birthday is without me telling them? Like it’s on their system and reminds them or something. I know it’s in my H profile, but just curious... I don’t wanna be too upfront or sound demanding, or my SA to feel too pressured like “hey It’s my birthday next month... hope to have B/K.” Lol.

My SA knows and used to try to offer me quotas on my bday/anniversary/etc. when we were getting to know each other, but I asked my SA not to do that anymore as I don't prefer to shop like that. It felt like I was only offered something because of the bday/ anniversary/ etc. timing, and while the offer was in my general wheelhouse, it wasn’t necessarily on my wish list. My SA knows my preference to offer me my wish list bags at any timeduring the year, no pressure for special occasions.

Just my personal preference, of course.

My SA knows and used to try to offer me quotas on my bday/anniversary/etc. when we were getting to know each other, but I asked my SA not to do that anymore as I don't prefer to shop like that. It felt like I was only offered something because of the bday/ anniversary/ etc. timing, and while the offer was in my general wheelhouse, it wasn’t necessarily on my wish list. My SA knows my preference to offer me my wish list bags at any timeduring the year, no pressure for special occasions.

Just my personal preference, of course.
Yes this is how I would like my offers to come by eventually. I’m even ok with just one offer per year as long it’s what’s in the list. I just got my very first quota - LOVE IT! Hoping my 2nd will come around Oct my bday and in what’s on my actual list. Overall, I’m just Super grateful for the offers.

Sooooo many people try using “it’s my birthday / anniversary / etc and I’d love a bag” that SAs are completely used to such comments. Also happens with common holidays too…mine was just chatting with me about the dozens and dozens of emails / messages and even missed phone calls she walked into work and saw this morning with people wanting a bag as a “Mother’s Day present”.

My personal stance is there is no harm in letting your SA know of a special day, as long as you don’t act like you expect the bag to materialize just because of it / get upset when you don’t get one (yep there really are people who get angry and say “you ruined my special day” when my SA said sorry I couldn’t get you a bag). A good SA would for sure love to help you but just don’t be too pushy and let them work their magic & strengthen your profile like you always would. Good luck!

Hi, I’m interested in finding perspective of what is better for a long term relationship: shop with a store manager in a smaller location or shop with an SA in a larger location?

But honestly I think the mark of a good SA is one who remembers you regardless

yes! I had an old SA who is now a store manager and it’s been a couple years and I clearly remember them, obviously there are receipts that show they were my SA, but they have the worst attitude - literally saying something along the lines of “I’ve never met/ helped you before” and I’m like “actually you have...more than once...and I know you can see it in my history too” lol

Reactions: Bereal
Is it normal to receive a small gift when you purchase your first quota bag? I’ve seen a couple people post small things - H cookie, H candies, etc - even a mini bottle of champagne given by the SA.

Reactions: Bereal