Maintaining a H relationship

Please focus on the title of this thread rather than each other, TY

If you find it very hard to ignore certain people, please feel free in adding them to your 'Ignore' list.

For advice on how to obtain a B/K/C please go to the reading room in the Reading Room The Newbie's HOW DO I GET A BIRKIN (or other bag) Reading Room

For advice on how to shop at your local store please do a search in Hermes Shopping sub-forum and look for your store/region/country.

Reactions: Etriers and S62708
Maybe it also depends on which department your SA work at? Let’s say your SA works at women’s RTW, does he or she get more commission and achieve sales goal at the same time if his or her client spends more at his or her department? Thank you for sharing!
As far as I know, USA SAs do not have defined departments so I do not think that is a factor here (at least at the stores I have visited).

Well.. Today I visited my local boutique for the first time!

My friend brought me to her appointment today to introduce me to her SA. Her sa was really sweet! At the end of the appointment she told me to send her my specific bag wishlist! I sent it to her and she said she'll keep me in mind if she receives something I'll like, and that it's great that I'm pretty open to options, and that it typically only takes a long time if people are extremely specific (only open to one color, size etc) fingers crossed that truly means something??? LOL!

I really hope I have a chance in scoring my dream bags :heart: I'll be popping in again by myself to pick up a few items for our house ! Oh Hermes, what a slippery slope you are..

Last edited:
Would you say that fine jewellery is the best category to boost your profile? TIA!

I've actually been hearing that recently fine jewelry is becoming less, shall we say, "useful", as many people have figured out that is what they should go for (and it's also easy to find one piece that is basically the same price as a bag, so it's a single transaction instead of a lot of small purchases). If I remember correctly, the first quarter results actually show very resilient trend in the Jewelry category, while RTW and silk declined greatly. So I've actually heard that RTW is a good category to buy in for now.

In the end though...just buy what you love & let things happen naturally! IMO when it happens that way that's what makes you feel the best (as opposed to feeling like you were forced to do something...is the bag really worth it for you in that case?).

The thing my SA has told me is that...it is *very easy* for them to tell what the customer is there for & how desperate they are for that bag. They've seen all the "tricks" you can think of, sometimes people feel like they've fooled the SA with their "acting" but in reality the SA probably knows exactly what you are doing (again, they've seen it all before) and are more than likely just playing along. Just be a good customer, be polite, show your love for the brand, and yes I know it's hard but...be patient! Pushy and demanding customers (which there are apparently a LOT of) are never anyone's favorite even when you shove money in their face...and finally, try to get a read on what your particular SA / SM's style is and how they work, because again it can vary greatly. If you think they are not a good fit for you (definitely happens), then that's when you think about other options & the helpful people here are always happy to give you advice! :smile:

Well.. Today I visited my local boutique for the first time!

My friend brought me to her appointment today to introduce me to her SA. Her sa was really sweet! At the end of the appointment she told me to send her my specific bag wishlist! I sent it to her and she said she'll keep me in mind if she receives something I'll like, and that it's great that I'm pretty open to options, and that it typically only takes a long time if people are extremely specific (only open to one color, size etc) fingers crossed that truly means something??? LOL!

I really hope I have a chance in scoring my dream bags :heart: I'll be popping in again by myself to pick up a few items for our house ! Oh Hermes, what a slippery slope you are..
Welcome to the slippery orange slope! I've loved seeing your Chanel purchases recently, so hope you get your dream Hermes bag soon :heart:

Oh I didn’t know spend expires in a year. I probably spent more than 1:1 of the bag I want but have not been offered anything yet. I’m not in a rush. Just happened to like more items lately, must have been all the browsing while at home.

Reactions: Etriers
Welcome to the slippery orange slope! I've loved seeing your Chanel purchases recently, so hope you get your dream Hermes bag soon :heart:
Aww thank you! I've always dreamed of Hermes but tbh I was so intimidated! All I know is Chanel, so this is so new and exciting to me ;) I'm so excited to pick up some things for our bedroom next time I stop by. Also crossing my fingers that a miracle happens and something comes in for me too.. Haha

Reactions: Etriers
In the end though...just buy what you love & let things happen naturally! IMO when it happens that way that's what makes you feel the best (as opposed to feeling like you were forced to do something...is the bag really worth it for you in that case?).

The thing my SA has told me is that...it is *very easy* for them to tell what the customer is there for & how desperate they are for that bag. They've seen all the "tricks" you can think of, sometimes people feel like they've fooled the SA with their "acting" but in reality the SA probably knows exactly what you are doing (again, they've seen it all before) and are more than likely just playing along. Just be a good customer, be polite, show your love for the brand, and yes I know it's hard but...be patient! Pushy and demanding customers (which there are apparently a LOT of) are never anyone's favorite even when you shove money in their face...and finally, try to get a read on what your particular SA / SM's style is and how they work, because again it can vary greatly. If you think they are not a good fit for you (definitely happens), then that's when you think about other options & the helpful people here are always happy to give you advice! :smile:

Yes to that!! Let it happen naturally. SAs and SMs have been in the industry long enough to know who they are dealing with.

And let's be honest, nobody is THAT in need of a handbag.

The last time I saw my SA was back in February and I spent a good amount (fine jewelry) on that visit. She said she will be looking out for my specs for the quota bag. Recently, we only texted back and forth about bringing certain items in but I still didn’t get to visit the store yet. Now she just went MIA on me for 3 weeks. Did that ever happen to anyone?

love this approach! I am curious as to the response you’d get. I think this approach may even lead to long lasting relationship with the right SA.

I am almost never opposed to being direct. However, if you do this be careful of the “right” SA you get. If you find someone willing to take this approach with you the first time, you may find yourself having to spend substantially more forever, because you will have indicated your willingness to do so.