Madison Pinnacle Chain Crossbody

d0rkielici0uz

Jan 12, 2010
Hey everyone! This is my first reveal but I've been on this forum for quite some time already.

I just picked up this crossbody, style # 51662 in neutral pink, which I have to say is beautiful!! BUT I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it. This bag caught my eye the other day when I was at the coach boutique so I have been doing some research and realize that this style in leather came out awhile ago. (I guess I was too caught up with the boroughs! Haha)

Anyway I saw on here that a fellow tpf member was able to convert this crossbody into a shoulder bag which is exactly the way I want to wear it. She had the dark plume color in leather style number 49738. Well when I bought this bag today, I realized that they changed the clasp. Instead of a dog leash(?) clasp it's the new madison ones. Because of that, it's too big to loop back into the D-ring to make a shoulder bag.

Soo.. Now I'm not sure if I should just keep this one or find the leather one in the older style. What's weird is that coach.com currently has some new leather ones with the same style number as the old one but they also changed the clasp.

Another thing that makes me unsure of keeping it is the fact that the embossed python will peel eventually. For those of you that have something similar, is the peeling horrible? Unbearable? And has anyone seen the older leather ones at the outlet recently?? Well thanks for looking and if anyone has any questions about this bag ask away!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1395992136.152505.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1395992145.805052.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1395992154.195377.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1395992163.269598.jpg

I don't have this bag but I have the larger Madison shoulder flap with the python just on the flap. What worries me is where the flap bends because sometimes the bend is right in the middle of a scale. I haven't carried it yet because I haven't decided if I'm keeping it. I'm also thinking maybe I should have gotten plain leather. By the way, I love the length of the strap on the shoulder flap.

I don't have this bag but I have the larger Madison shoulder flap with the python just on the flap. What worries me is where the flap bends because sometimes the bend is right in the middle of a scale. I haven't carried it yet because I haven't decided if I'm keeping it. I'm also thinking maybe I should have gotten plain leather. By the way, I love the length of the strap on the shoulder flap.

Yea I also really like the length on the shoulder flap. But I also really like the size of this one so that's why I was hoping that it can be turned into a shoulder bag but nope. The SA was sure that it would peel and flare out so I'm bummed out.

I actually have one of the original leather ones and would actually much rather prefer the clasp you have now because the ones on the original bags are not strong enough. One of the clasps on mine already started getting loose. Personally, I only wear the bag as a crossbody so not being able to loop doesn't bother me so much.

It is so pretty! How much can you fit in it? If I don't keep my glitter python flap, I'll need another dressy bag.

I can't fit much in it but I really don't carry much things anyway. Also I think I forgot to mention there are 6 card slots so you won't really need to carry a wallet inside of this little bag. I can fit my phone, universal case, key case, lipstick, compact mirror and my cards. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396139919.920713.jpg

I actually have one of the original leather ones and would actually much rather prefer the clasp you have now because the ones on the original bags are not strong enough. One of the clasps on mine already started getting loose. Personally, I only wear the bag as a crossbody so not being able to loop doesn't bother me so much.

Oh wow that sucks. I just ordered the older style in black leather so hopefully I won't have the same problem.