made to order/tailor made/commande speciale - Horizons

DH and I went to the boutique to discuss home furnishings at length with a lovely Maison manager. We are at the preliminary stage (our second apt will be fully gutted for about a year), but he and the SA are working on some possibilities including some proposed special command projects to propose to our architect and interior designer. For some home projects, it seems like prices are, of course high, but there is a lot of value in the design, fabrication and material. Also, not special command, but I love the floor lamp and desk lamps with LED rings That are lined in leather or croc.
Their stingray leather furniture is stunning too. :love:

• Love
Reactions: 880
Typically a horizon order is for a completely new item, not a variation of an existing item, nor a return to a discontinued item. I believe they’ve turned down orders for items like “a Kelly with just a back pocket added” etc for being too close to a standard production item. I’d clarify with the SA that they really mean horizon (and not a la carte) and then clarify that what you have in mind is a possibility.

Horizon can be any item including current models in a different leather or with a change, or discontinued models. We once ordered a bag that is usually made in toile, but ordered it in Barenia via Horizon (it was approved but the quote came in so insanely expensive that we passed). I have a friend who ordered a Sac Monaco (this is very much like the Kelly, but is a style of its own not a variation) - it's absolutely beautiful.

Hi all-

I recently moved to a new country and therefore had start a relationship with a new SA. I was offered to make a horizon order which the store is doing in May. Does anyone know anything about it? How is it different than a SO if all I want is a customized mini kelly or a vintage style Constance.

thanks~~
It’s unlikely that they will give approval for a classic design like a Kelly or a Constance to be modified. A discontinued design or those which are much more unknown is possible. Himalaya Calvis are definitely no, my Horizon contact says they get requests for many of those. Wasn’t aware Horizon has deadlines either, your store may be doing a one off event.

Last edited:
Just a story.

My husband loves smooth barenia leather in fauve. He kept “joking” how he wanted a barenia bustier/corsette top made for me. I say “joking” because he has a dry sense of humor, so not everyone knows when he’s kidding. Or half kidding, I guess.

A few months ago, my husband jokingly asked my SA when my barenia bustier/corsette was coming in. That was when a serious offer for a Horizon order was proffered. It piqued his curiosity, but I had to nip it in the bud. I am a casual person — could you imagine the price per wear (5 figures)?!?!?! The item just doesn’t make financial sense to me. I would rather design another useful item we could both enjoy which remains unknown at this time. Lol.

Just a story.

My husband loves smooth barenia leather in fauve. He kept “joking” how he wanted a barenia bustier/corsette top made for me. I say “joking” because he has a dry sense of humor, so not everyone knows when he’s kidding. Or half kidding, I guess.

A few months ago, my husband jokingly asked my SA when my barenia bustier/corsette was coming in. That was when a serious offer for a Horizon order was proffered. It piqued his curiosity, but I had to nip it in the bud. I am a casual person — could you imagine the price per wear (5 figures)?!?!?! The item just doesn’t make financial sense to me. I would rather design another useful item we could both enjoy which remains unknown at this time. Lol.

Just to lend the male perspective, price per wear most likely never crossed his mind.

Found a link to this page under the normal product category menu; almost as to suggest it is available to anyone with a mere request…
I’ve screenshotted the first few “pages” but encourage anyone interested to click through the link as there are spoken and video vignettes with more info.
5EFFD47B-662B-4691-98FB-8AC95A0F01CF.jpeg919016BC-B825-4EC9-AEFE-1A6382BCB80B.jpegAF36FE8F-C6C1-4402-AF6F-496AB3935BC4.jpeg

Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa recently shared his Hermès fitted private jet - I’m assuming it’s probably a Horizons project? Anyways here’s the video and some screenshots -

View attachment 5128963View attachment 5128964View attachment 5128965View attachment 5128966View attachment 5128967View attachment 5128968View attachment 5128969View attachment 5128970View attachment 5128971

Quite the fit-out!
Seats from this - perhaps prototypes? - have been toured around stores when Horizon events are held.

Found a link to this page under the normal product category menu; almost as to suggest it is available to anyone with a mere request…
I’ve screenshotted the first few “pages” but encourage anyone interested to click through the link as there are spoken and video vignettes with more info.
View attachment 5128892View attachment 5128893View attachment 5128894

I recently noticed this online, too. Interesting!

Quick question for those of you who have already placed a Horizon order. Was the 1 year quoted production time respected or did some of you have to wait multiple years?

I'm hoping the production time won't be too long but with COVID and all sorts of production issues across the world, I'm trying to manage my expectations.

PS: I wasn't sure if this was the correct place to post this but there doesn't seem to be much discussion related to Bespoke/Horizon orders unlike all of the ongoing discussions related to special orders.