Made In England?

Mulberry hasn't been an English company for years. It's owned by a couple from the Far East.

Labelling laws vary from country to country which makes it more confusing. In Italy a bag can have a made in Italy label yet only the zip was attached in Italy, every other part of the bag produced elsewhere.

Ironically, one of the more sort after classic Mulberry, the tooled Bayswater were made in China!

I know some people feel fine if the bags are made in Turkey or China etc.
But if I know my bags are made in China or Turkey, I would not buy them.
No offence.
But I am paying like 700+ for the bag, the leather does not worth it.
I am ok for companies to earn big, but i just dont understand why luxury brands have their products made in countries known for cheap textile production.
To save cost?
Oh, come on. You are being too greedy.
Even the quality may be the same even if the bags are made in Turkey, China or England, I just dont want to pay a bag that is made in Turkey,China, India or whats so ever.
I want my luxury bags to be made in England, Italy, France or Spain.
Or otherwise, I may as well buy bags from Topshop or Russell and Bromely.

=====================================================
I am not lookin down to China or Turkey made products.
I am a chinese myself.
It is just that when luxury brand companies do that (movin abroad for cheaper labor cost), it just make me MAD, SUPER MAD!!!
They are cutting cost and yet the price of the bags are increasing annually, it is just not fair.

I think its down to each individual really and what they are happy with.

China for me is a big NO,No..........just my choice really, everyone has a choice :smile:

I think my Milton is made in Turkey. I believe my Poppy was English-made, as was my Bayswater clutch. I think my Mabel was Chinese made.
I'm sitting here quite happily with a Mulberry for Target Bays-style bag that definitely was not made in England.