Made a mistake?

Aaorin

May 16, 2010
This is just generally a rant because I am feeling a but bummed about the whole thing.
I've been in love with Burberry nova check for a long, looong time. I generally do not allow myself to buy fancy purses just because I want them - there's a lot of life expenses that are priority. I own several coach bags because I am a big fan of the look and a wonderful nova check Burberry crossbody that was a gift from a gentleman. And bottom line, I have no practical need for more bags; not to mention that in four months I am moving to a country where Burberry is barely known...
But I've wanted a Burberry shoulder bag or tote for so long... and it's Christmas and so I bid and won an auction on ebay. A brand new tote for an amazing price. The listing was for 'a large tote', but the size measurements were specified for the medium one. I... went off the size given, which is the one I want. But NOW that I look very closely at the mod photo in the listing, I realize that it's a large, huge, gigantic bag. :shocked: I somehow just decided that it was a very small person wearing it initially. Stupid, stupid.
And I already had my reservations initially because I wear mostly black clothes and the back of my crossbody is ruined permanently. That is the fate of any nova check purse I'd own... which I am ok with, but still. Gah the bag is huge. Not to mention - it's not on Burberry's site. There's a small one and a medium one, but no large. I found a couple of listings on ebay for that size and the photos seller provided do not give me any doubts about authenticity, but I am so torn.
The thing is, I really do want to see it in person. Maybe the freaking out is premature. But this bad feelling...
Generally, is reselling on ebay considered... well, wrong?

Sorry for all the silliness. I am both overexcited for the bag and super anxious about it.

I can understand your worries. Buying bags on ebay can be very tricky. I would try not to worry too much about it. I'm not sure what the stance is on reselling an item on ebay. I feel it wouldn't be the best idea since you just purchased it. However, I think large bags are awesome and you could actually end up really liking the size of the bag if it ends up being larger than you were hoping for. I always carry a large bag because I like having the option of being able to carry more with me if I need to and still look fashionable and not loaded down with additional bags. Large bags are great if you need to carry a change of clothes or shoes or even a book with you!

I hope this helps! Good luck with your bag! :smile:

First....a few deep breaths......Next, see what it looks like, you may end up LOVING it.....and if you don't, go ahead and sell it on ebay....who cares?????? there is no proper etiquette as to when you may resell on ebay! You bought it, and you can do whatever you like with it....HOWEVER, I bet it will arrive and you will be thrilled! Don't let this ruin your experience. One of the best things about buying a great bag is the hunt, the buy, and the reveal once you finally have it..so ENJOY! otherwise what's the point? You could save yourself the stress and go grab a bag at Macy's....but what's the fun in that????? :biggrin:

I think it is better if the bag is too big vs. too small. As the other mentioned, you will probably love the bag when you see it in person. I can't imagine that it would be more than a couple of inches bigger than the medium. Enjoy your new bag!!!!

Oohh thank you ladies. I decided not to stress about it unnecessarily - I'll just wait for the bag to arrive, see how it feels and looks and go from there. Now I just can't wait to have it!

don't worry about it at all. remember, nothing in life is permanent. at the end of the day, you may end up with a great bag you love. if not, you can always try to sell it yourself. i think many of us have experienced these same feelings, even from bags we've had in our collection for years. no matter what, you're going to be just fine. :smile:

So... here it is. My giant, giant tote.

It's actually a little smaller than I feared, but still so big. I generally prefer medium sized bags, and this is just - huge! It's really nice, wonderful colour of the trim, feels good.
I'm by all means not a small person, and even so the bag is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Sorry for the crappy mod pics. :Push:

Attachments

• 72767315.jpg
    72767315.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 303
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 304
  • PICT0237_filtered.jpg
    PICT0237_filtered.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 327
its not giant at all, and actually looks great on you!
Its looks like the size of an LV neverfull, which is quite a handy work or all day bag.

Enjoy it, and i'm sure you will find plenty of uses for it!

Aaorin said:
So... here it is. My giant, giant tote.

It's actually a little smaller than I feared, but still so big. I generally prefer medium sized bags, and this is just - huge! It's really nice, wonderful colour of the trim, feels good.
I'm by all means not a small person, and even so the bag is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Sorry for the crappy mod pics. :Push:

It looks fantastic! Not too big at all! Congrats!!!!

It definitely doesn't look too big at all. I agree with the comments above, it does look great on you. Great bag to throw things in or for work! But if you personally feel it's too big, then you should sell it and buy a size you'd prefer. But do you happen to have any bags in this size? Maybe it can be a nice addition if you don't! More variety for different occasions ;)