Macy's Return?

babyjoeysmomma

I <3 my lil munchie!
Jan 17, 2008

Hi Ladies!

So, last night I broke my ban a little bit early and bought a Chelsea sig. flap w/ braided handle @ Macy's. Problem is, today- with only one day of use, the back is getting all creased and warped out of shape from the funny way the flap opens.
Also, and this isn't as big of a deal as the flap problem, the turnlock feels really cheap and plastic-y. I didn't notice it so much in the store, but now it really bothers me.
This bag is 30% off now so it won't be available for much longer and when I called a boutique today to ask them about it, the SA had NO IDEA which bag I was even talking about and couldnt find the number in the computer- turns out its a department stores only bag. Do you all think I will have a problem returning it to Macy's if I go tonight? The tags are off, but I have the receipt and everything (tags too, just not attached). I just really think that the bag shouldn't be warping out of shape just from regular opening and closing the flap!

Thanks so much!

Here's the Macy's link to the bag- http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=288498&CategoryID=25575 . I can't take pics of the actual bag and the warping and wrinkling - hubby borrowed my camera for work today.

I don't think you will have a problem at all. I just returned one today that I got from Macy's online on the 10th that had a patch peeling on it and that was the 2nd one. They just took them right back both times with no questions asked as long as you have a receipt, the dustbag, and all that.

I'd have a problem with the bag's creasing and warping as well and would definitely bring it back to Macy's for either a return or exchange. It shouldn't be any problem as you only purchased the bag yesterday and you also have a copy of the purchase receipt and tag. Just explain to the SA the problem that you're having with the bag's flap.