MAC HK "Tahitian Sand" Beauty Powder - "??"

LVCRAZED

Ya, but no.
O.G.
Apr 17, 2006
Quick "?":

For those of you that bought "Tahitian Beauty Powder" and are light/medium skintone NC25 or higher...(yes, I'm NC25)

What do you use it for?? I know I've heard some people using it to set their foundation...but what if you don't wear liquid foundation. (I wear Studio Fix Powd. Found. only).

I know it's an all over face color to show some glow or whatever...But if it barely shows up, then what??? :shrugs: I applied it and saw somewhat of a glowy look...some noticable difference...not much though. Is this how it's supposed to work/look, a slight/bit of glow? I had to layer it quite a bit though. Seemed that way anyway...

Is there some other way you can use it? :confused1:

Thx all!!!!!! :yes:

I'm nc25 as well. I used Tahitian Sand yesterday as a highlight shade when I contoured and it worked well... I used an angled brush to go in the hollows of my cheeks with MAC Strata, then I used a flat top brush to buff Tahitian Sand onto the apples of my cheeks and blend it into the darker color a bit.

I'm nc25 as well. I used Tahitian Sand yesterday as a highlight shade when I contoured and it worked well... I used an angled brush to go in the hollows of my cheeks with MAC Strata, then I used a flat top brush to buff Tahitian Sand onto the apples of my cheeks and blend it into the darker color a bit.

Cool so it is "usable" for our skintone. ;)

I've heard some people on YT (not NC25 though) saying they used Tahitian Sand along with Fun & Game blush as a highlight...maybe I'll give that a shot. They mentioned the 2 of them together looked really nice.

Have you used it all over your face (cheek bones, forehead, chin etc.) for that glow look....? Did that work for you...? Did it show up?

Oh, btw...do you find that you have to apply a lot for it to show up?? Not a ton, but I mean more so than what you'd usually apply...KWIM? :shrugs:

Thx for your input!! :yes:

^ I tried it with Fun n Games too. It was subtle, but it looked nice. I do have to use a little extra to get it to show up. I haven't tried it all over my face yet, but I'll do that and report back!

Hmm. Then I guess I'll skip it and maybe just get the other blush Tippy. Fun and games is so pretty and I'm glad I got it but it has same undertones as all my other blushes so i'll try a new color- bright pink! :smile:

I love Beauty Powders because I use them as a blush. (I'm NW20)

I tried Tahitian Sand, but it just gave me a slightly beigey-orange shimmer which isn't what I wanted. I did buy the other BP - Pretty Baby - and love it as a soft pink blush, just on my cheeks.