MA Hobo Pics

I personally wouldn't have it dyed...it's expensive and you might not like the result. But I'm cheap that way. Personally I like my sage bag. to me it's very neutral - almost like grey. but of course what I like and what you like may differ. Good that you like the style.
I tend to agree, even tho I paid so little for this bag I know they are very hard to come by and I don’t want to ruin it! I think I’m just not used to lighter color bags so perhaps it will grow on me….if not I’ll use the leather oil.
Will keep you all posted!

Reactions: sdkitty
Thanks ladies, I don’t even have the oil yet, am still mulling over what to do with it. The obenauf’s oil sure has a loyal following, most do indicate that it will darken the leather which is what I want to happen. I’ve contemplated dyeing the bag (or having someone who knows what they’re doing dye it for me), but still in the planning stages. There also doesn’t seem to be any tag inside the bag to indicate where it was made, but maybe that’s common?
I‘m still learning……
If it does not have the 'made in' tag inside (and this is really old school), it's definitely made in USA. :tup:

Thanks ladies, I don’t even have the oil yet, am still mulling over what to do with it. The obenauf’s oil sure has a loyal following, most do indicate that it will darken the leather which is what I want to happen. I’ve contemplated dyeing the bag (or having someone who knows what they’re doing dye it for me), but still in the planning stages. There also doesn’t seem to be any tag inside the bag to indicate where it was made, but maybe that’s common?
I‘m still learning……
Hi, your bag was made in NY.
Is the leather very very soft? If so I'm wondering if it is saddle but the zipper track is throwing me off.

glad you love it
that could be SW sage....may wait to wait for someone to say before you do anything to it. @Shelby33 is this SW sage?
@Antonia ?
OK wow I love the color! I have to revise what I said, I don't believe it is saddle or sage, but it's definitely a gorgeous color! Is the color under the flap the same as the rest of the bag?
Agree with @Antonia doesn't look like SW leather which is very smooth. I like the pebbled better!

OK wow I love the color! I have to revise what I said, I don't believe it is saddle or sage, but it's definitely a gorgeous color! Is the color under the flap the same as the rest of the bag?
Agree with @Antonia doesn't look like SW leather which is very smooth. I like the pebbled better!
Three more photos. The zipper track is a forest green color, very pretty. Underneath the flap is definitely a darker, greenish shade, not brown to me in any way. The leather is quite soft and yes, no tag inside at all.
She’s my “mystery” bag I guess, lol! My Obenauf’s Leather Oil arrived yesterday so now I need to decide if I want to go ahead and oil this bag….or not‍♀️. Sadly there is literally nowhere inconspicuous to test the potential results of oiling it, I was hoping there was a bit of leather lining inside to try it out, but there isn’t .

Attachments

• IMG_3207.jpeg
    IMG_3207.jpeg
    384 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3206.jpeg
    IMG_3206.jpeg
    246.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 71977693628__65844DDF-B210-40FF-A24A-B40985EEF755.jpeg
    71977693628__65844DDF-B210-40FF-A24A-B40985EEF755.jpeg
    387.5 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Antonia
Three more photos. The zipper track is a forest green color, very pretty. Underneath the flap is definitely a darker, greenish shade, not brown to me in any way. The leather is quite soft and yes, no tag inside at all.
She’s my “mystery” bag I guess, lol! My Obenauf’s Leather Oil arrived yesterday so now I need to decide if I want to go ahead and oil this bag….or not‍♀️. Sadly there is literally nowhere inconspicuous to test the potential results of oiling it, I was hoping there was a bit of leather lining inside to try it out, but there isn’t .
Can you test under the flap?

Reactions: Antonia
Ok, the final verdict! I did use some oil on the bag but it didn’t change much…..after living with it for awhile I’ve decided to embrace this color as-is! It’s different but quite soft and lovely. I really love the rich zipper tape green against the body color of the bag.
She’s all conditioned and ready to wear, she’s a unicorn in my very small bag collection.

Attachments

• IMG_3215.jpeg
    IMG_3215.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3217.jpeg
    IMG_3217.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 15
Ok, the final verdict! I did use some oil on the bag but it didn’t change much…..after living with it for awhile I’ve decided to embrace this color as-is! It’s different but quite soft and lovely. I really love the rich zipper tape green against the body color of the bag.
She’s all conditioned and ready to wear, she’s a unicorn in my very small bag collection.
looks great. enjoy

I love the color!

Reactions: elizad
I think it looks great too! Enjoy!! :smile:

Reactions: Shelby33 and elizad