MA Hobo Pics

Ok, I absolutely love the look of the Celine Romy in the large size, just not the price tag! This RM bag is the closest I’ve found to the same silhouette, so I’m excited to get mine in the tan color that I just bought off of Poshmark for a super bargain. The lighter leather scares me a bit so I’m hoping it’s a bit darker irl than in the photos, but either way I’m happy to try out this unique bag. I’ll keep searching for other colors but they sure are hard to find! Thanks for all who helped me on learning the name, heck the very existence of this bag, I think it’s beautiful!

IMG_6522.jpeg

Ok, I absolutely love the look of the Celine Romy in the large size, just not the price tag! This RM bag is the closest I’ve found to the same silhouette, so I’m excited to get mine in the tan color that I just bought off of Poshmark for a super bargain. The lighter leather scares me a bit so I’m hoping it’s a bit darker irl than in the photos, but either way I’m happy to try out this unique bag. I’ll keep searching for other colors but they sure are hard to find! Thanks for all who helped me on learning the name, heck the very existence of this bag, I think it’s beautiful!

View attachment 5877313
There's a light blue and dark brown version as well.

View attachment 5877313
If you're worried about the lighter color, you can spray it with Kiwi Protect All, I have also used scotchgard, both with great results.

Ok, my bag is here! I do love it, please see photos. The last 2 pics (not hanging) show it’s true color which is a faded sage green. The leather is beautiful! I conditioned with Apple conditioner and cleaned her up. I did take the tassels off and cleaned them because they were looking quite “ratty”!
while I adore the bag, the color to me is just “meh”!
I really wish it was a rich, dark color so am considering using Obenauf’s Leather Oil on it to darken the leather, which at the same time will condition and treat against water.
I would also love to get some newer tassels but that will have to wait until I’m positive of the final color.
Any thoughts from the resident experts are very welcome!

Attachments

• IMG_6552.jpeg
    IMG_6552.jpeg
    213.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6550.jpeg
    IMG_6550.jpeg
    280 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6547.jpeg
    IMG_6547.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6543.jpeg
    IMG_6543.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Love
Reactions: Shelby33
Ok, my bag is here! I do love it, please see photos. The last 2 pics (not hanging) show it’s true color which is a faded sage green. The leather is beautiful! I conditioned with Apple conditioner and cleaned her up. I did take the tassels off and cleaned them because they were looking quite “ratty”!
I really wish it was a rich, dark color so am considering using Obenauf’s Leather Oil on it to darken the leather, which at the same time will condition and treat against water.
I would also love to get some newer tassels but that will have to wait until I’m positive of the final color.
glad you love it
that could be SW sage....may wait to wait for someone to say before you do anything to it. @Shelby33 is this SW sage?
@Antonia ?

glad you love it
that could be SW sage....may wait to wait for someone to say before you do anything to it. @Shelby33 is this SW sage?
@Antonia ?
Hi ladies. This does not look like sage to me because sage is stonewash leather-I don't think sage came in another type of leather that I'm aware of?? @Shelby33 is more knowledgeable about this. However, I'm very interested to see the outcome once you use that leather oil!!

Reactions: sdkitty
Thanks ladies, I don’t even have the oil yet, am still mulling over what to do with it. The obenauf’s oil sure has a loyal following, most do indicate that it will darken the leather which is what I want to happen. I’ve contemplated dyeing the bag (or having someone who knows what they’re doing dye it for me), but still in the planning stages. There also doesn’t seem to be any tag inside the bag to indicate where it was made, but maybe that’s common?
I‘m still learning……

Thanks ladies, I don’t even have the oil yet, am still mulling over what to do with it. The obenauf’s oil sure has a loyal following, most do indicate that it will darken the leather which is what I want to happen. I’ve contemplated dyeing the bag (or having someone who knows what they’re doing dye it for me), but still in the planning stages. There also doesn’t seem to be any tag inside the bag to indicate where it was made, but maybe that’s common?
I‘m still learning……
I personally wouldn't have it dyed...it's expensive and you might not like the result. But I'm cheap that way. Personally I like my sage bag. to me it's very neutral - almost like grey. but of course what I like and what you like may differ. Good that you like the style.