LV x Kusama Collection 2023 - what to buy??

Ok, this might be a stupid question, but here goes. My friend is a big LV shopper and was lucky to get offered pieces from both drops. Now she, uncharacteristically, feels like she got too much (shocked face). She’s asked if I wanted to buy what she doesn’t want. I love the pumpkins, the colors are truly gorgeous. But, this would be a somewhat large purchase for me…I feel so dumb asking this. Pumpkins, not everyone is going to realize how precious these bags are, so how wearable are they? And I should add, my thoughts on bags, jewelry etc is that if you have them, you wear them, we have them to bring us joy. I am older, ugh, only have sons, no grandchildren yet (not getting any younger over here). I was a young mother and assumed I’d be a young “glammy”, we’re past that now, so I regularly wear my Chanel bags to dress up my gym clothes, as women of a certain age should, lol. So, speaking only of the pumpkins, adorable in late summer fall obviously. What about the rest of year? The On The Go pm has been on my list, but I haven’t been able to pick a color…is this the one that fills my need????

Ok, this might be a stupid question, but here goes. My friend is a big LV shopper and was lucky to get offered pieces from both drops. Now she, uncharacteristically, feels like she got too much (shocked face). She’s asked if I wanted to buy what she doesn’t want. I love the pumpkins, the colors are truly gorgeous. But, this would be a somewhat large purchase for me…I feel so dumb asking this. Pumpkins, not everyone is going to realize how precious these bags are, so how wearable are they? And I should add, my thoughts on bags, jewelry etc is that if you have them, you wear them, we have them to bring us joy. I am older, ugh, only have sons, no grandchildren yet (not getting any younger over here). I was a young mother and assumed I’d be a young “glammy”, we’re past that now, so I regularly wear my Chanel bags to dress up my gym clothes, as women of a certain age should, lol. So, speaking only of the pumpkins, adorable in late summer fall obviously. What about the rest of year? The On The Go pm has been on my list, but I haven’t been able to pick a color…is this the one that fills my need????
So I went crazy for the pumpkins collection with the mono NF, OTG and the small speedy. I use the NF the most and have had no issues. I’ve also gotten a lot compliments on the bags . I guess I’m not sure your question but I wore them all summer and wouldn’t have a problem wearing them any time of the year.

Did you feel like you missed out when they came out? Did you get to try on the bag and see if you like it on you? If you like what it looks like on you and you will keep thinking of the collection then I would think those are good reasons.

I personally love the Kusama collection so much and got a few more items than I perhaps should have. Out of them, the Pumpkin Neo Noe is perhaps my favorite. It has warm colors on one side and the cooler ones on the other so it goes with more clothing than you might think. Like LVlvoe_bug, I wore it through summer, got many compliments and would carry through the year.
I have the OTG on red infinity dots and think it's a perfectly sized bag for day essentials or running errands. Can't really fit my laptop but I have other bags for that anyway. I would love to have the OTG in pumpkins too but I cannot justify more pumpkins here :lol:

So I went crazy for the pumpkins collection with the mono NF, OTG and the small speedy. I use the NF the most and have had no issues. I’ve also gotten a lot compliments on the bags . I guess I’m not sure your question but I wore them all summer and wouldn’t have a problem wearing them any time of the year.
I think you answered my question, and made me more confused. I can have my choice of the NF or OTG. It’s funny every time I go to buy the NF MM I end up with something else. First the Marylebonne then I got a NF but GM in azur damier. I do have the OTG next on my list, but the light crossbody strap gives me some pause. They are both great bags. I carried my GM NF yesterday, it’s big lol. I don’t think I can go wrong so I’m definitely picking one!

Did you feel like you missed out when they came out? Did you get to try on the bag and see if you like it on you? If you like what it looks like on you and you will keep thinking of the collection then I would think those are good reasons.

I personally love the Kusama collection so much and got a few more items than I perhaps should have. Out of them, the Pumpkin Neo Noe is perhaps my favorite. It has warm colors on one side and the cooler ones on the other so it goes with more clothing than you might think. Like LVlvoe_bug, I wore it through summer, got many compliments and would carry through the year.
I have the OTG on red infinity dots and think it's a perfectly sized bag for day essentials or running errands. Can't really fit my laptop but I have other bags for that anyway. I would love to have the OTG in pumpkins too but I cannot justify more pumpkins here :lol:
Great point about the colors. I was thinking pumpkins, but what really draws me is the beauty of the colors. I had the OTG as my next bag. The light color of the crossbody strap bothers me a little. But I have a skinny mono crossbody strap that was one of my best purchases! I can always use that in bad weather(remember I use my bags!). It’s going to be hard turning down a NF again, but I think the OTG calls to me! Thanks for help!

I think you answered my question, and made me more confused. I can have my choice of the NF or OTG. It’s funny every time I go to buy the NF MM I end up with something else. First the Marylebonne then I got a NF but GM in azur damier. I do have the OTG next on my list, but the light crossbody strap gives me some pause. They are both great bags. I carried my GM NF yesterday, it’s big lol. I don’t think I can go wrong so I’m definitely picking one!
I have the OTG MM so I didnt have to worry about the strap but you really could use any strap with it. Funny because I have an azur NF MM and the propriano and I am nervous to use them because of the azur. I bought the dots NF MM and am thinking about buying more items.I do use the pumpkins NF more than the OTG but both are wonderful bags.

• Love
Reactions: MeepMeep67
I have the OTG MM so I didnt have to worry about the strap but you really could use any strap with it. Funny because I have an azur NF MM and the propriano and I am nervous to use them because of the azur. I bought the dots NF MM and am thinking about buying more items.I do use the pumpkins NF more than the OTG but both are wonderful bags.
I use to baby my NF azur damier and finally I was like this is crazy. It’s huge, so when am I going to carry it except for when I have a lot to bring(trips, beach, busy errand day), so I started just using it and not worrying about it. I have the rose lining and my luggage is the pale pink Away oversized expandable carry on and they look beautiful together. Then when I get where I’m going I use a smaller bag and the NF as a tote. And you know what? It’s holding up fine. If I held it up next to a brand new one would it be as bright? I don’t know. But I don’t use the pouchette insert as much and they look the same. I say just use it. I’m trying to use smaller bags everyday, I’ve finally realized I don’t use 1/2 the stuff I cart around so I think the OTG will work good for me. Am hoping.

Reactions: lovethe1urwith
I get compliments on my little man bag with pumpkins ALL THE TIME. I'm talking strangers in the grocery store, men at work, my kids' friends... Kusama's art sparks something, even in people who don't know her. The pumpkins are joyful and I've found them super easy to match to things. I wish I had something from the women's line, but I took what I could get. During the first Kusama drop years ago, I got the neverfull on impulse and it has been by far my most used bag. I wouldn't hesitate.

Great point about the colors. I was thinking pumpkins, but what really draws me is the beauty of the colors. I had the OTG as my next bag. The light color of the crossbody strap bothers me a little. But I have a skinny mono crossbody strap that was one of my best purchases! I can always use that in bad weather(remember I use my bags!). It’s going to be hard turning down a NF again, but I think the OTG calls to me! Thanks for help!
Is your friend offering you a good deal, or is she basically wanting to sell it to you for the MSRP price? If so, then I would just buy it brand new from LV direct. Or are they no longer available? I have no idea. It seems like you're trying to find an excuse to 'love' the pumpkin bag so you can buy it from your friend. I'm sure it's a lot of money, and I feel like you should really love it before you buy it. Not try to love it.

Is your friend offering you a good deal, or is she basically wanting to sell it to you for the MSRP price? If so, then I would just buy it brand new from LV direct. Or are they no longer available? I have no idea. It seems like you're trying to find an excuse to 'love' the pumpkin bag so you can buy it from your friend. I'm sure it's a lot of money, and I feel like you should really love it before you buy it. Not try to love
Is your friend offering you a good deal, or is she basically wanting to sell it to you for the MSRP price? If so, then I would just buy it brand new from LV direct. Or are they no longer available? I have no idea. It seems like you're trying to find an excuse to 'love' the pumpkin bag so you can buy it from your friend. I'm sure it's a lot of money, and I feel like you should really love it before you buy it. Not try to love it.
I love it/them, but I just bought a NeoNoe a month ago and a small Chanel before the summer started so I put myself on a little ban. But I loved the pumpkins the second I saw them, just didn’t move fast enough. I know they aren’t available at my LV, haven’t looked online. My friend hasn’t used either yet, is charging me full price but no sales tax. I’m more talking myself into spending the money, not the bag. I did/do have the OTG as my next purchase…but I always pass on the NF, probably because it’s the bag I see most where I live. Every time I go out (just errands even) I see at least 3, but of course not the gorgeous pumpkins. I also think the smaller OTG is good for out to dinner, size wise, it’s very casual where we live, so I won’t have to change bags at night. We are in the middle of the northeast rain/wind storm right now, so I’ll probably be bored out of my mind, have a couple cocktails with dinner and call my friend before bed so I have something to look forward to tomorrow besides more rain!!!! My problem is that I have a lot of bags because I never sell any. I just don’t see the worth in doing it. I hardly ever use the 2 LV’s I mentioned earlier as having. God, I even have the Coach classic duffle I got for college graduation, 1981(!), and it looks almost new…not that I carry it, i should because i saw they have it reissued and mine is that gorgeous aged British tan. You know you’re old when you’re being reissued, lol.They are all like little memories for me! And some were just good deals. A highlight in my handbag shopping was the time I got into the Fendi private sale for employees, I got a cow hair print big mama, not my style(shape not print, I love the print) and 3 other bags all lightly worn at this point. They were so low priced why would I sell them??? None of them except for a beautiful baguette, are high demand bags, although they are all unusual enough to get compliments when I do where them. It’s always the unusual ones…another argument for those gorgeous pumpkins! Ok, enough. Sorry to ramble…boring storm day!

Which one should I keep? I know many don’t like the monogram handles but I prefer the blues against the grey canvas. I don’t personally favor the orange toned version. And yes the strap is from keepall xs. I like that the pumpkins are unobsured but not sure if it looks too wide on 5’2” petite me. I like that the keepall is a more proper bag and a more classic LV shape. However if I stay with the pochette voyage, I could use the difference in budget for a preowned Galaxy pochette voyage which also includes an insert that can convert to a purse. Same issue would apply about being wide though.

View attachment 5766537
Which did you keep??
I just bought both of these. I don’t usually add straps to my pochette voyages so it’s hard to say which to keep. Which you think you will use more?
Im looking for advice since I waited too long and the Boulogne sold out. Now considering the pochette voyages (would put a strap on) or the Gaston wallet (worried its too small) (I like to carry mini pochette, card holder, phone & 4 key holder) Did you keep the pochette voyages?
After leaving LV alongside Marc Jacobs, I made an unexpected return for my second round of Kusama. I said I wouldn't, but I love her art and the pumpkins are amazing. So when I was at the LV Dream exhibition and discovered a few last items that had floated to France from all over the world, I couldn't say no.
View attachment 5825346
The mod shot was from in the shop but I removed the coin purse to carry the bag irl. The coin purse fits cards, unlike the actual coin purse from the collection which is too small. The zipper is tricky because of the curves, but I'm using it as a card holder and keychain inside the bag and am happy with it so far.
View attachment 5825352
Side note: I'm amused by the fact that my Kusama NF was €875 in 2012, and now that won't even cover a pumpkin toiletry 26 (or whatever it's called nowadays). I've been away too long!

View attachment 5825347

View attachment 5825349

View attachment 5825350

View attachment 5825351

View attachment 5825363

View attachment 5825348
P.S. It keeps posting a pic of my daughter that I just cannot delete for some reason. So enjoy my family pictures from the pop-in shop in Paris haha
Are you still loving the Gaston wallet? Do credit cards fit in the pumpkin pouch?

Thank you all for any advice you can give me

Which did you keep??

Im looking for advice since I waited too long and the Boulogne sold out. Now considering the pochette voyages (would put a strap on) or the Gaston wallet (worried its too small) (I like to carry mini pochette, card holder, phone & 4 key holder) Did you keep the pochette voyages?

Are you still loving the Gaston wallet? Do credit cards fit in the pumpkin pouch?

Thank you all for any advice you can give me
Which voyages were you referring to? I had the Gaston wearable wallet from room with a view and ended up selling it. I never used it and found it kind of awkward to wear. i like the voyages since you can use them as a clutch.

• Thanks
Reactions: MeepMeep67
Which voyages were you referring to? I had the Gaston wearable wallet from room with a view and ended up selling it. I never used it and found it kind of awkward to wear. i like the voyages since you can use them as a clutch.
Thank you LVLB for getting back to me! :flowers:The Kusama voyages, but really any since they are all the same size. So you carry yours as a clutch. Have you put a strap on it? (might seem too big for that). Was the Gaston WW too square/ridged? I counted the pattern, seems like about the same size as the Pochette Accessoires.