LV x Kusama Collection 2023 - what to buy??

You won’t get anything leather of similar size at that price point from Hermes these days…
I paid similar for my Evelyne 33 a few years ago but I reckon that I could get a Evelyn 29 or a Picotin Lock 22 for around the same price and I wouldn't have to worry about quality control issues. Every Hermes bag I have bought has been perfect.

I paid similar for my Evelyne 33 a few years ago but I reckon that I could get a Evelyn 29 or a Picotin Lock 22 for around the same price and I wouldn't have to worry about quality control issues. Every Hermes bag I have bought has been perfect.
Similar size of the bags you mentioned to match the capacity/volume of the NF MM would be the Evelyne GM (33) which is now over £3k and the Picotin 26 which is just under £3k which is why I said what I did, however with LV price points the way they are I agree Hermes is a better option for a few hundred more, at least its leather albeit a smaller capacity alternative.

I know this is an old post, am reading through this awesome thread. Hope you get the
Help me decide!

Which pumpkin piece would you get: Speedy 20 or On the Go PM?

I’ve been wanting Speedy 20 since it came out, but never bought. I don’t like the larger monogram size, and I don’t like nylon straps.

I really like the OTG style, and have been waiting for a pm and mm that I love to come out. I know the pumpkin OTG pm comes with a nylon strap, and I will most likely rarely ever use it. But at the store, I switched it to a thinner strap and enjoyed the look.

Ideally, I would want something I can use in a style that is less likely to cause the screenprint to fade too fast. It’s why I opted not to get neverfull, OTG MM, and neonoe.

Thank you!
Yellow pumpkin bag one day.

If it were me, I'd pick the OTG PM, as I also love the coin purse with the yellow pumpkin print, and when I saw the OTG PM in store, I LOVED the purple patterned interior! Normally I don't like small open-top bags, but with this, I'd want to show off the inner print as much as possible (without anyone nicking my stuff!) It just goes so well with the brown mono and screen printed pumpkins.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you decided! :smile:

I know this is an old post, am reading through this awesome thread. Hope you get the

Yellow pumpkin bag one day.

If it were me, I'd pick the OTG PM, as I also love the coin purse with the yellow pumpkin print, and when I saw the OTG PM in store, I LOVED the purple patterned interior! Normally I don't like small open-top bags, but with this, I'd want to show off the inner print as much as possible (without anyone nicking my stuff!) It just goes so well with the brown mono and screen printed pumpkins.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you decided! :smile:
I ended up getting neither. I don’t want the pumpkins to peel off over time, but part of me thinks the fabric was screenprinted with pumpkins BEFORE the pvc coating was applied. Still not taking the risk though.

This collection is going to be a “secondhand” collection for me, I guess. The pieces I really wanted didn’t work out for me, so I just waited until something came out that I knew I loved (monoglam side trunk).

I will admit though, part of me wants to get the men’s denim jacket with the dots… we’ll see how I feel in another month or so.

Do you follow fashion influencers like Xenia Donts, Aimee Song on IG? They go to Coachella dressed in full designer looks (designer shoes that they walk around in and designer pants that they sit on the grass in) :lol:
Lol, they are paid to do so, though :lol: lucky them! Well I don't know the first influencer, but Aimee attended on behalf of Revolve so she would have had to wear brands from Revolve

Will check out that pumpkin Speedy at Coachella pic, sounds fun to wear it to!

Thanks everyone... I am struggling to fold it to show a pumpkin without showing the writing, which I'm not a fan of at all. Also if you fold it handkerchief style showing one pumpkin, it's upside down...

Still debating whether to keep but if it's not an instant love, I feel it should be returned, especially given the price point over a regular monogram shawl... anyway, for those that are interested and can get their hands on one, here is how I would probably wear it (pardon the outfit but I am WFH today!).

View attachment 5764532
This looks AMAZING on you!! Had no idea the scarf was so long, dresses up your outfit really well!

But I saw it available on the CA’s app prior to the release date in mid-March. It was going for $5.4K prices in SGD. if they didn’t allow to purchase, then why put a price in sgd? My rationale.
I've seen this happen with the Wapity, too, even though not available in my local region, they still have a local price for it. Bizarre.

Reactions: Jumper
After leaving LV alongside Marc Jacobs, I made an unexpected return for my second round of Kusama. I said I wouldn't, but I love her art and the pumpkins are amazing. So when I was at the LV Dream exhibition and discovered a few last items that had floated to France from all over the world, I couldn't say no.
PXL_20230711_101126724.jpg
The mod shot was from in the shop but I removed the coin purse to carry the bag irl. The coin purse fits cards, unlike the actual coin purse from the collection which is too small. The zipper is tricky because of the curves, but I'm using it as a card holder and keychain inside the bag and am happy with it so far.
IMG-20230711-WA0004.jpeg
Side note: I'm amused by the fact that my Kusama NF was €875 in 2012, and now that won't even cover a pumpkin toiletry 26 (or whatever it's called nowadays). I've been away too long!

PXL_20230715_202856276.jpg

PXL_20230715_202952199.jpg

PXL_20230715_202836961.jpg

PXL_20230715_202831571.MP.jpg

PXL_20230715_202915395.MP.jpg

PXL_20230711_101151230~2.jpg
P.S. It keeps posting a pic of my daughter that I just cannot delete for some reason. So enjoy my family pictures from the pop-in shop in Paris haha

After leaving LV alongside Marc Jacobs, I made an unexpected return for my second round of Kusama. I said I wouldn't, but I love her art and the pumpkins are amazing. So when I was at the LV Dream exhibition and discovered a few last items that had floated to France from all over the world, I couldn't say no.
View attachment 5825346
The mod shot was from in the shop but I removed the coin purse to carry the bag irl. The coin purse fits cards, unlike the actual coin purse from the collection which is too small. The zipper is tricky because of the curves, but I'm using it as a card holder and keychain inside the bag and am happy with it so far.
View attachment 5825352
Side note: I'm amused by the fact that my Kusama NF was €875 in 2012, and now that won't even cover a pumpkin toiletry 26 (or whatever it's called nowadays). I've been away too long!

View attachment 5825347

View attachment 5825349

View attachment 5825350

View attachment 5825351

View attachment 5825363

View attachment 5825348
P.S. It keeps posting a pic of my daughter that I just cannot delete for some reason. So enjoy my family pictures from the pop-in shop in Paris haha
You got some lovely pieces for the collection and your dress is delightful!

Hello LV forum.

So long since I stepped in, of course did in by the YK collab.

1st wave wasnt much for me but the 2nd pumpkin wave.

Only SlGs for me.

Got the Romy cardholder. This is the back park, the front is with slots abd orange pumpkin! And and a pumpkin tab too!!! Too cute
View attachment 5753448
Now to wait for the simple porte card to arrive from online!

Cant wait to see what everyone got
I wanted NF of this version.....