LV x Kusama Collection 2023 - what to buy??

I talked to my CPA about the pumpkin bag. He told me that only a select clientele will be approved to even be offered the bag! I guess that makes sense since there will not be that many released. And in case you’re wondering, I do not rank lol.

I saw a post on reddit, saying CA's on IG were offering to nominate. I knew it was going to be rare, but thought it may be like resee ordering where they make it if you order or like MTO.

My CA is asking up the food chain for the pumpkin bag. I’d say to only ask if you know you are a definite “yes” to the bag and its price (over $8k USD). I’m far from VIC but I tend to buy collabs and runway items.

I’ve seen the rest of drop 2 and now trying to debate on which alternatives I’d have, if I can’t get pumpkin.

Would you rather get Speedy 20 Kusama, men’s Keepall 25 Kusama, or nanogram speedy 20?

I'm like you, I like collab and runway pieces. This is a unique one, pricey, it's expected since special collab and art piece. Wondering how limited it will be. Did you have luck with your CA? Hope you get it.

I'm thinking men's speedy25 and the women's keepall45.

I saw a post on reddit, saying CA's on IG were offering to nominate. I knew it was going to be rare, but thought it may be like resee ordering where they make it if you order or like MTO.

I'm like you, I like collab and runway pieces. This is a unique one, pricey, it's expected since special collab and art piece. Wondering how limited it will be. Did you have luck with your CA? Hope you get it.

I'm thinking men's speedy25 and the women's keepall45.
I don’t know how I feel about CAs on IG offering to nominate… feels a little too much like baiting people to follow them. There are some sought after pieces from the past that were only available to order if you were a client attached to that specific CA’s store.

Still waiting to hear back on the pumpkin, and I’m trying through two CAs.

I have a piece from the first wave coming tomorrow. If I don’t like it, I’m leaning towards the women’s Speedy 20, if I don’t get the pumpkin.

Wise people of the internet: the bag has come in. It is BEAUTIFUL, but much heavier than I anticipated (metal dots piece). Even empty it hurts my shoulders. That’s how heavy it is.

If I get the pumpkin, this metal dot is going back. But if I don’t, I don’t know if I should keep this piece or not.

I’m leaning towards just getting a lighter-weight canvas piece from wave 2, that I know I will definitely be comfortable using.

If it were you, would you keep something more artistic but unrealistic for use, or something more “accessible” but realistic and practical for use as a bag?

Wise people of the internet: the bag has come in. It is BEAUTIFUL, but much heavier than I anticipated (metal dots piece). Even empty it hurts my shoulders. That’s how heavy it is.

If I get the pumpkin, this metal dot is going back. But if I don’t, I don’t know if I should keep this piece or not.

I’m leaning towards just getting a lighter-weight canvas piece from wave 2, that I know I will definitely be comfortable using.

If it were you, would you keep something more artistic but unrealistic for use, or something more “accessible” but realistic and practical for use as a bag?
No I wouldn’t keep it. If you return which bag would get from drop 2?

Personally, I’m leaning towards practical bags. Sure has to be beautiful but if it were between my shoulders and beauty, I choose my shoulders!!

Disclaimer: I am never those people who would sacrifice comfort for beauty - if the shoes hurt, they are never getting on my feet again. So, comfort is the ultimate criteria when selecting a bag for me.

Of course you could argue, people buy micro bags all the time and they are hardly practical. They cannot fit much, but surely they wouldn’t hurt any shoulders. They only hurt people’s wallet!

My argument of why you shouldn’t keep “unrealistic pieces” that hurts because you wouldn’t want to carry it out. So you leave it at home. But there’s plenty of ornamental decorations you can get for your house. A bag’s purpose is to be carried by the user to store things. It’s already heavy without anything, what are the chances of you wanting to put things in it? I’m pretty sure there are some nice decorative statement pieces from the Kusama collection you can get as home decorations. And definitely other bags that fulfill the “beauty criteria” without getting shoulder aches.

Of course, these are purely my pov, just for referencing. Some people are quite ok to put bandaids on their feet each time just to wear beautiful shoes. So, these reasons I gave wouldn’t apply.

It would be best to see, touch, carry the items to do a proper comparison to select your next bag.

By “pumpkin bag” are you referring to the statement ornamental collector’s limited edition that is only offered to their VIC? At least that pumpkin bag looks special enough to be placed at home as a centerpiece! The metal dots piece is somewhat similar to the XL key cles piece. Statement, yes. Usefulness …. I’m not sure.

If it isn‘t a piece you totally totally adore, I would return it.

I have bags I use seldom, but keep for collectors purposes like the LV Murakami pieces, but those I still love and would use, if I have a matching occasion.

However, if it is something you totally love and would like to keep as a collectors piece, I would keep it. But as you asked I guess that is not the case.

Reactions: MarryMeLV_Now
No I wouldn’t keep it. If you return which bag would get from drop 2?
I’m actually trying for the pumpkin minaudiere-type bag. But the chances of scoring it are very small.

So I’m leaning towards mono canvas/pumpkin Speedy 20. I prefer thin straps, so I was happy to see they didn’t do a broad nylon strap for this bag. Considering it’s screen printed, I would never use the bag in the evening, so I’m not bothered by the vachetta strap either.

Personally, I’m leaning towards practical bags. Sure has to be beautiful but if it were between my shoulders and beauty, I choose my shoulders!!

Disclaimer: I am never those people who would sacrifice comfort for beauty - if the shoes hurt, they are never getting on my feet again. So, comfort is the ultimate criteria when selecting a bag for me.

Of course you could argue, people buy micro bags all the time and they are hardly practical. They cannot fit much, but surely they wouldn’t hurt any shoulders. They only hurt people’s wallet!

My argument of why you shouldn’t keep “unrealistic pieces” that hurts because you wouldn’t want to carry it out. So you leave it at home. But there’s plenty of ornamental decorations you can get for your house. A bag’s purpose is to be carried by the user to store things. It’s already heavy without anything, what are the chances of you wanting to put things in it? I’m pretty sure there are some nice decorative statement pieces from the Kusama collection you can get as home decorations. And definitely other bags that fulfill the “beauty criteria” without getting shoulder aches.

Of course, these are purely my pov, just for referencing. Some people are quite ok to put bandaids on their feet each time just to wear beautiful shoes. So, these reasons I gave wouldn’t apply.

It would be best to see, touch, carry the items to do a proper comparison to select your next bag.

By “pumpkin bag” are you referring to the statement ornamental collector’s limited edition that is only offered to their VIC? At least that pumpkin bag looks special enough to be placed at home as a centerpiece! The metal dots piece is somewhat similar to the XL key cles piece. Statement, yes. Usefulness …. I’m not sure.
I prefer to see everything in person, before buying. However, this metal dot piece was never available for me to see in person. Bit the bullet and requested a send sale.

If it isn‘t a piece you totally totally adore, I would return it.

I have bags I use seldom, but keep for collectors purposes like the LV Murakami pieces, but those I still love and would use, if I have a matching occasion.

However, if it is something you totally love and would like to keep as a collectors piece, I would keep it. But as you asked I guess that is not the case.
The more I look at it and try it out in the mirror, the more I really wish it would work for me.

I have collector’s pieces that I only use 1-2x a year, so I’m open to adding another one. However, the pieces that I own are still pleasant to use. This one hurts my shoulder after five minutes.

It’s mentally hard for me to part with it because I am a LOVER of great craftsmanship, and the craftsmanship on this piece is stunning.

I’m actually trying for the pumpkin minaudiere-type bag. But the chances of scoring it are very small.

So I’m leaning towards mono canvas/pumpkin Speedy 20. I prefer thin straps, so I was happy to see they didn’t do a broad nylon strap for this bag. Considering it’s screen printed, I would never use the bag in the evening, so I’m not bothered by the vachetta strap either.

I prefer to see everything in person, before buying. However, this metal dot piece was never available for me to see in person. Bit the bullet and requested a send sale.

The more I look at it and try it out in the mirror, the more I really wish it would work for me.

I have collector’s pieces that I only use 1-2x a year, so I’m open to adding another one. However, the pieces that I own are still pleasant to use. This one hurts my shoulder after five minutes.

It’s mentally hard for me to part with it because I am a LOVER of great craftsmanship, and the craftsmanship on this piece is stunning.
Sounds like you definitely should take some time to think about it.
If you can afford it, and you love it, you could still keep it and take it with you for events where you don‘t have to lug it around all the time… I totally get the collector‘s point! Some pieces I have, but don‘t use so much still makes me very happy, when I look at them and appreciate their design or at the rare occasions I actually use them. :yes:

How heavy is it actually? It is a gorgeous bag!
Apropos heavy I just remembered my first gen Marc Jacobs stam bag with that superheavy leather and chain…! Like a muscle training device… Haha, I actually still have it, but haven‘t used it exactly because of that weight. :cool:

Sounds like you definitely should take some time to think about it.
If you can afford it, and you love it, you could still keep it and take it with you for events where you don‘t have to lug it around all the time… I totally get the collector‘s point! Some pieces I have, but don‘t use so much still makes me very happy, when I look at them and appreciate their design or at the rare occasions I actually use them. :yes:

How heavy is it actually? It is a gorgeous bag!
Apropos heavy I just remembered my first gen Marc Jacobs stam bag with that superheavy leather and chain…! Like a muscle training device… Haha, I actually still have it, but haven‘t used it exactly because of that weight. :cool:
I got the metal dots side trunk. Empty, 4 lbs or 1.8 kg. Maybe it could work as a weight for toning exercises too

The strap is thin, which I generally prefer, but this one is 4 lbs minimum on a thin strap. It really digs in at the shoulder.

I know I’m saying a lot of flaws/negatives, so logically it should be an easy pass… but I wish I weren’t as much of a collector lol

I don’t know how I feel about CAs on IG offering to nominate… feels a little too much like baiting people to follow them. There are some sought after pieces from the past that were only available to order if you were a client attached to that specific CA’s store.

Still waiting to hear back on the pumpkin, and I’m trying through two CAs.

I have a piece from the first wave coming tomorrow. If I don’t like it, I’m leaning towards the women’s Speedy 20, if I don’t get the pumpkin.

Yea, I get that feeling too.. I'm not sure about those CA's on IG offering that.. but I do appreciate them posting new items.

Hope you score the Pumpkin. Did your CA say when they'll let you know?

I got the metal dots side trunk. Empty, 4 lbs or 1.8 kg. Maybe it could work as a weight for toning exercises too

The strap is thin, which I generally prefer, but this one is 4 lbs minimum on a thin strap. It really digs in at the shoulder.

I know I’m saying a lot of flaws/negatives, so logically it should be an easy pass… but I wish I weren’t as much of a collector lol

Ah that Kusama metal dot sidetrunk is very nice:

I almost got it also, but when it arrived, I felt was heavy and the dots could get scratched over time so would be another one rarely used. I do like the side trunk so I got the monogram leather one:

I like the thinner strap too on the 20. The guitar strap is not for me either and I would get an alternative if I bought the normal speedy 20. I think the pumpkins are awesome and I'm surprised more people aren't into them especially with the rainbow aspect. The interior is fun and whimsical and very different than anything I've seen before.

As for the pumpkin shaped bag-I personally think it's super cool and I hope you can get it. Was the silver one Japan only? I read the yellow one only has 8 pieces? I think the way they did it is beautiful and the price actually seems reasonable for the craftsmanship to me. I love the pumpkin bag from the 2012 collab but that one was priced super crazy. I know there is a lot of buzz about how much people hate this current collection but I think once non-product photos come out people will change their minds.

Reactions: Emphosix
Yea, I get that feeling too.. I'm not sure about those CA's on IG offering that.. but I do appreciate them posting new items.

Hope you score the Pumpkin. Did your CA say when they'll let you know?

Ah that Kusama metal dot sidetrunk is very nice:

I almost got it also, but when it arrived, I felt was heavy and the dots could get scratched over time so would be another one rarely used. I do like the side trunk so I got the monogram leather one:

My CA said hopefully within the next week she will know. I got an invite to the drop 2 launch party, actually. I’m hoping that by some miracle, it will be available to buy there.

Is that the midnight blue and gold hardware side trunk? It’s beautiful!

And you refusing the metal dot side trunk is making me feel a lot better about potentially letting this piece go.

I like the thinner strap too on the 20. The guitar strap is not for me either and I would get an alternative if I bought the normal speedy 20. I think the pumpkins are awesome and I'm surprised more people aren't into them especially with the rainbow aspect. The interior is fun and whimsical and very different than anything I've seen before.

As for the pumpkin shaped bag-I personally think it's super cool and I hope you can get it. Was the silver one Japan only? I read the yellow one only has 8 pieces? I think the way they did it is beautiful and the price actually seems reasonable for the craftsmanship to me. I love the pumpkin bag from the 2012 collab but that one was priced super crazy. I know there is a lot of buzz about how much people hate this current collection but I think once non-product photos come out people will change their minds.
My CA is able to see both bags on her end as “merchandise” in our country (USA). Meaning it will be offered/sold here, but through nomination.

I was asked if I wanted to be in the “lottery” for the yellow pumpkin, but I’m not willing to spend $8,000 on a bag. For this second drop probably will just get a Victorine pink/black wallet and maybe maybe a pink/black bag. Just not in love with any of it, sadly.

• Wow
Reactions: fettfleck
My CA said hopefully within the next week she will know. I got an invite to the drop 2 launch party, actually. I’m hoping that by some miracle, it will be available to buy there.

Is that the midnight blue and gold hardware side trunk? It’s beautiful!

And you refusing the metal dot side trunk is making me feel a lot better about potentially letting this piece go.

My CA is able to see both bags on her end as “merchandise” in our country (USA). Meaning it will be offered/sold here, but through nomination.
In Europe it seems like the people for the yellow pumpkin were already selected.
I also saw some people in the USA that already got selected.

I has been nominated as well by my SA and I got a „Not selected“ last Friday unfortunately. But I am not sad actually. It would have been nice to have, but I bought some other things then :smile: