LV Strap Question

LVBagLady1991

Mar 16, 2019
B208EC98-2D94-4A5C-9D09-40FD637D41F7.jpeg
Hi. Long term lurker on here!

I visited a store that sells pre-loved bags today, and saw a keepall 45 in excellent condition.

I looked the bag all over and notice that the strap has little ‘bumps’ on the part that sits on your shoulder, which my keepall 55 doesn’t have (purchased last year from LV direct).

The man in the store told me that this is something LV added a couple of years ago to stop the bag slipping off your shoulder, but I can’t see anything about that on here. Is that right?

My monogram 16mm strap that I purchased for my pochette accesoires has a shoulder pad attached that has the same bumps on the bottom. I'm not sure about the keepalls but that I'd let you know that LV does make straps like the one you are describing.

Keepalls had the bumpy design until 2015-16. Then they changed it to the simpler version.

Thank you! This one has a date stamp of MB4142, which I think means it’s from the later end of 2012 so that ties in!

I’ve never bought preloved before, only direct, and I’ve not got a trained enough eye to be 100% sure it’s genuine so I’m paranoid!! The shop seems legit and others I know trust it, but I’m going to get it authenticated to be sure. ☺️

Reactions: BULL