LV Speedy 30 questions...........

Chloe*Starlet

Too Juicy For You...
May 9, 2006
Have just recieved mine today and have a question. Is the LV logo supposed to be upside down on one side of the bag? mines like that and I know it is genuine as I bought it from the LV website!
Alos, I have a small mark on one of the handles. Is there a way to clean the handles without damaging them?
Thanks in advance for any advice. :flowers:

Yes. speedy made from one piece material so you will find upside down LV on the other side of the bag. Small mark?? may be you should exchange it .
you can search some thread about apple guard cleaner/conditioner to cean your bag in this forum but I personally think you should exchange it especially if it is brand new. You shouldn't settle for something less.

The mark is like a smudge, about the size of a pea. I'm not sure if it was actually there when I got it but when I tried to remove it gently with a damp cloth it kust smudged it. Most of it has dried away apart from the original small pea size smudge.

Thanks everyone for your advice. :flowers: Do the handles tend to get dirty easily? I'm getting worried now that the handles will be grubby in no time! I cant get appleguard here in the U.K, so can anyone recommend something similar to apply to the handles in order to stop any markings?

Can you tell it's my first LV bag?!

Is it just me or does anyone else have this trauma whenever they buy a bag over the phone or via the web? I had to send my spy back twice because of damages and also one of my paddingtons had to go back twice because of damages. I also got a LV key chain money/key holder and the zip was scratched all over. You could barely make out the LV logo. I had to wait 2 weeks for them to change it after it had been returned. It should be here in the next day or so. :rolleyes:

Chloe*Starlet said:
Thanks everyone for your advice. :flowers: Do the handles tend to get dirty easily? I'm getting worried now that the handles will be grubby in no time! I cant get appleguard here in the U.K, so can anyone recommend something similar to apply to the handles in order to stop any markings?

Yes, the handles will be the first leather that will darken due to your hands. Go to a leather shop and ask if they can import Appleguard. Don't they ship to you? I can't buy mine in Canada so I order from the US. I pay lots but it's worth it!

Is it just me or does anyone else have this trauma whenever they buy a bag over the phone or via the web? I had to send my spy back twice because of damages and also one of my paddingtons had to go back twice because of damages. I also got a LV key chain money/key holder and the zip was scratched all over. You could barely make out the LV logo. I had to wait 2 weeks for them to change it after it had been returned. It should be here in the next day or so. :rolleyes:

Yes, I have a nervous breakdown every time I buy anything on the Internet! But usually everything is fine. You sound like you've had a bad time of it. Hope your key holder arrives in mint condition!

addictedtolv said:
Yes, I have a nervous breakdown every time I buy anything on the Internet! But usually everything is fine. You sound like you've had a bad time of it. Hope your key holder arrives in mint condition!

In the nicest way possible, I am glad I am not the only one who is cursed when it comes to this problem! :graucho:

Thanks for the tip on appleguard, I am going to try some shops near were I live to see if they can get hold of some for me.

Chloe*Starlet said:

Can you tell it's my first LV bag?!

It's not just you...I had issues when I ordered my epi petite noe over the phone. I think I have bad luck ordering stuff via phone !!:rant:

bagsnbags said:
Small mark?? may be you should exchange it .
you can search some thread about apple guard cleaner/conditioner to cean your bag in this forum but I personally think you should exchange it especially if it is brand new. You shouldn't settle for something less.

Exactly, it should be perfect for you for that price. :smile: