LV Sofia Coppola bag questions...

bagloverny

O.G.
Feb 24, 2013
Hey all, I'm thinking of buying a LV Sofia Coppola bag in cobalt. I originally thought I wanted the PM size because I'm very petite (only 5 feet) but today I went to Saks to check them out in person and I was surprised by how small the PM size is…I felt like I wouldn't be able to carry much in there. I'd be using this as an everyday, work bag if I got it. I really liked the regular size actually. Does anyone of a similar height have the regular size? Do you guys think it's too big for my frame? Modeling pics for the regular size would be very helpful if anyone is so inclined.

Also, and I could be totally wrong on this, but I felt like the leather on the regular size SCs was of better quality than the PM or BB sizes? Or maybe it was just those particular bags or colors. For sure the cobalt regular size SC had the best leather of all the ones I saw…like the best grain and richest looking.

Thanks for your input!

I think I remember a leather quality discussion (and you can probably look at some modeling pics of different sizes too ?) in the SC Clubhouse.
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-clubhouse/sofia-coppola-sc-club-438725.html

I only had the PM and I was happy with it in every way, the leather was amazing. And it held everything my Speedy 30 did I felt like they were comparable. Not sure what the larger size would look like on someone your height but I honestly thought it looked more like luggage on someone a little taller, but she was super thin too. There are probably a few youtube videos that model that size as well. Good luck deciding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmQokoTI440

Thanks so much for the reply. I have looked at the clubhouse thread but still having a hard time deciding on the size for me! Does anyone else have any input?

Also what exactly is the difference between the regular calfskin and veau cachemire (sp?) leather? Does the cobalt come in both types of leather?

Thanks.

Hey all, I'm thinking of buying a LV Sofia Coppola bag in cobalt. I originally thought I wanted the PM size because I'm very petite (only 5 feet) but today I went to Saks to check them out in person and I was surprised by how small the PM size is…I felt like I wouldn't be able to carry much in there. I'd be using this as an everyday, work bag if I got it. I really liked the regular size actually. Does anyone of a similar height have the regular size? Do you guys think it's too big for my frame? Modeling pics for the regular size would be very helpful if anyone is so inclined.

Also, and I could be totally wrong on this, but I felt like the leather on the regular size SCs was of better quality than the PM or BB sizes? Or maybe it was just those particular bags or colors. For sure the cobalt regular size SC had the best leather of all the ones I saw…like the best grain and richest looking.

Thanks for your input!

Hi! I'm 5'1, very petite, 97 lbs and was going to get SC bb but when I tried it in the store I felt like it's small so I went to PM size. :smile: I tried the mm size but it looks huge on me. I hope the picture helps you. :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408912030.222919.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1408963548.634274.jpg

The size difference between the two is not that great. I agree that the original SC colors that remain available (cobalt and jasper) have a different feel than the pm. I prefer the regular size for these basic/neutrals and the PM for the bolder color choices. Best of luck - you can never go wrong with an SC bag

View attachment 2730163

The size difference between the two is not that great. I agree that the original SC colors that remain available (cobalt and jasper) have a different feel than the pm. I prefer the regular size for these basic/neutrals and the PM for the bolder color choices. Best of luck - you can never go wrong with an SC bag

Thanks so much for the info! Yes there's not that big of a size difference.

Are the original SC colors like cobalt made of a different type of leather or is there a different type of leather used in the regular vs PM size? This would factor into my decision bc I swear the regular cobalt SC I looked at in Saks this past weekend had much more luxurious looking leather than any of the PM sizes…

Thanks!

I have a Cobalt with Fuchsia and a Pistache PM, and a Cherry MM. I don't notice any difference in the quality of the leathers - they are all superb, although a little on the heavy side. Either size holds plenty. I usually carry a Zippy wallet, Pocket organizer, and a small cosmetic bag with plenty of room to spare for keys and various other nic nacs!

I am taller than you, about 5 8, and have the regular size in Cobalt. I think the regular size is perfect - PM is too small. I think even on shorter girls the regular looks better, but I prefer bigger bags on people in general. It is a fabulous bag, with plenty of room. I can't comment on the difference in leather on the sizes as I've only felt mine which is fabulous. Good luck deciding!

I'm 4'11" and I have the cobalt/fuschia PM. It's a very nice everyday bag. Holds pretty much the same amount as a speedy 30 and is just a bit smaller than the speedy 30. I try not to over stuff my SC because it can get a little heavy at times since the whole bag is made entirely of leather. I feel like if I did have the regular sized one it would be nice to use once in a while. It seems like it would be too heavy as an everyday bag for someone who is tiny like me.

I'm 5'4" and have the cherry PM. I think it is a great size. I was debating between it and the regular size in jasper or cobalt. The regular size looked like luggage on me since it is slightly longer than a speedy 35.

I don't regret getting my sc PM one bit. The leather is gorgeous and so luxurious.

Good luck deciding!