LV Sightings in Movies and TV

The Talented Mr. Ripley ~ Kate Blanchett With Her Piles & Piles Of Suitcases & Trunk (s)

Sex & The City ~ When They Go Out To The Hamptons...Carrie Has Piles Of Vernis

Real Housewives Of The OC ~ Tons Of LV (Mostly Monogram) Everywhere....Jo Wheres All Mono LV

There's So Many.......I'll Keep thinking....

I think Charlotte had LV luggage when they went on Carrie's "honeymoon" in the 1st movie.:thinking:

I recently saw a commercial or maybe an ad for an upcoming fall TV series, where a lady gets into the back of a car and she is carrying a mono Speedy! I could not believe it, in all my life I've never seen this on American TV (cable).

Am I hallucinating, or has anyone else seen this?? :wondering

It seems each time I see Carolyn's daughter on RHONJ, she (I forgot her name) has her mono Artsy. On a recent House Hunters/HGTV, a woman carried a different LV to each home walk thru. I saw that one was a Trevi PM. Couldn't make out the other two.
Lastly, Dina Manzo of Dina's House Party (think that's the name and former RHONJ housewife) on HGTV had her mono Neverfull ?M.

Three of my all-time fave movies just happen to have LV sightings, which I noticed long before I was interested in purchasing LV. Here they are:

"Death Becomes Her" 1992, (Bruce Willis, Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn) Bruce Wilkis's character Dr. Earnest Menville packs up his mono Alzer when leaving his wife Madeline Ashton (Streep).

"Coming to America" 1988 (Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, James Earl Jones) Eddie Murphy's character Prince Akeem has a TON of mono LV trunks and Alzers as he's leaving the airport.
Everybody stares!

"See No Evil, Hear No Evil" 1989 (Gene Wilder, Richard Pryer, Joan Severance) as Gene Wilder's character Dave is spying on the two villains who plan to kill him and his buddy Wally, he sees them enter a hotel carrying a mono Keepall and another mono LV which name escapes me...I know it was a double-compartment bag with a mono strap. Looks kind of like a Trocadero, but much larger, a luggage piece. Villainess Eve (Joan Severance) reaches for this same bag while in the shower. Dave manages to snag that bag from right under her nose, in persuit of a valuable gold coin stashed inside of it.

Last edited:
I watching the new show THe Newsroom on Sunday and one of the characters walks into the newsroom and gets his foot tangled up in a Speedy B and trips. There was another piece of LV monogram in the shot as well, but I couldn't make out what it was. My husband got irritated when I made him rewind it once - I didn't want to ask twice:smile:

I'm so behind, but I am finally getting to watch the Newsroom. When McKenzie says, "that's Louis Vuitton luggage!" I laughed out loud and had to rewind it twice because that would be my reaction!