LV shawls, worth it? wear & tear?

IrisV

Aug 7, 2014
Hi all!

For at least 3 years the louis vuitton monogram shine shawl is in my head. I adore it so much.
But... as we all know.. the shawl is VERY delicate.

I'd like to see and hear about your wear and tears with the LV shawls and how long you've had it. Did you think it's worth it? Or do you regret it a little?

Hi all!

For at least 3 years the louis vuitton monogram shine shawl is in my head. I adore it so much.

I'd like to see and hear about your wear and tears with the LV shawls and how long you've had it. Did you think it's worth it? Or do you regret it a little?

My SA recommended me to not buy it since I get very stressed about fragile things. Still really can't forget about it....

I have a piece from the men's collection that is very similar to the popular LV shawls. It's important to know that these will snag due to the silk+wool blend (and cashmere in some of them). If you want something virtually snag-proof, go for a 100% silk square. I gave up wearing wool scarves long ago because my beard is a snag-machine... so now I go for silk, or cashmere+silk blends as often as possible.

I see them snagged on displays sometimes, so knowing me, I can't ever get one. It would get caught on my coats and bags.

So I have the cotton one, and the giant bandeau that's double sided with silk.

I'll just have to admire shawls on others.

Yes, they do snag so fast! Sometimes just when I touch them with dry hands in the winter. But they still looks good when wearing them, you can't really see the snags. I get used to them.
The shine is a lot more durable in my eyes. I always baby them and I own a lot because I love the look of them. Would I buy them again? Yes, I think so. But they are really overpriced. But if you love the look, you can buy just one and give it a try. :smile:

Hi all!

So me[emoji1369]I'm also going back and forth, please keep us updated and let us know if you take the plunge and how it's holds up.

I have a couple and just bought a third off Yoogi's. All of mine have been pre-loved, but I only buy them in new/like new condition. Yes, they do snag/fray easily. I think 'worth it' is very specific to the individual. I really enjoy them, thus will continue to buy them, but probably only pre-loved, as they are over-priced in my opinion. As long as you can live with snags or runs going into it, I think you'll find them 'worth it'. But only you can answer that for yourself. I don't find that the snags detract much from the beauty or comfort of wearing them!

Thanks all! I would like to get one secondhand as well. Made an offer to a girl here in the Netherlands so I'll hear Saturday If I'll get it or not.

I don't mind snagging as long as it won't look ugly, gross or will get holes or anything scary.

Yay! Bought one secondhand for 299,90 euros (new price is 460)
The shawl has never been used and still has the tag on it but no receipt or box, bought it on Rebelle.com
Super happy!

Reactions: MarLoLV