LV question

B. Jara

O.G.
Oct 30, 2005
I have heard of owner's initials being placed on LV's. Is this on special orders only? I have never seen it, but am cuious.
Where do they put them?

Is it a fashion faux pas? :amuse:

I've heard of people getting their initials on the hardward area of bags that have enough room on the hardware to put initals. Let us know when you find out the cost. :biggrin:

I would probably only do it on luggage too. If you get it on a bag, and you try to sell it later, it lowers the value. Why would someone want a bag with someone elses initials? It would make it obvious, to others, they bought it used. JMHO.

I had my initials envgraved in gold on the tag of my denim tote, you pick the font aswell. I can't remember how much. I will look later at receipt(have them for travelling purposes! If I did not have bills, I would be charged all the time cming back to Ca....THey offered it to me last summer, I had not known otherwise.

I've got another 'LV question', it's a very stupid & small one, so I didn't want to open a new thread for it. Everyone is talking about 'patina', but what does it mean? Is it the fact that the 'handles' on LV turn dark? I've looked it up in a dictionnary, but couldn't find it. Srry! :huh:

To personalize your LV items with a heatstamp, I believe it's free. There's a variety that you can choose from too, stores will have a catelog. The global boutiques can do it for you in the store, but the smaller ones will have to have the bags sent out - it's supposed to take a week but may be longer.

And for Lia, patina means:

1 a : a usually green film formed naturally on copper and bronze by long exposure or artificially (as by acids) and often valued aesthetically for its color b : a surface appearance of something grown beautiful especially with age or use
2 : an appearance or aura that is derived from association, habit, or established character
3 : a superficial covering or exterior

so you are correct, basically the darkening of the vachetta on Louis Vuitton pieces. :smile:

star3777 said:
I had my initials envgraved in gold on the tag of my denim tote, you pick the font aswell. I can't remember how much. I will look later at receipt(have them for travelling purposes! If I did not have bills, I would be charged all the time cming back to Ca....THey offered it to me last summer, I had not known otherwise.

Star...like on the zipper pull? Or in gold on the actual leather part?

allison said:
I would probably only do it on luggage too. If you get it on a bag, and you try to sell it later, it lowers the value. Why would someone want a bag with someone elses initials? It would make it obvious, to others, they bought it used. JMHO.

Thank you for all the replies...I was thinking about that last night...and didn't want to pass it up if it was a cool LV thing to do.