LV Pochette Metis Empreinte Noir or YSL College bag?

LV or YSL?

• LV

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • YSL

Votes: 9 17.0%

• Total voters

Kzp

Nov 21, 2017
Hello ladies!

I wanted to create this thread to ask for your help/opinion! I want to get a bag for my birthday but can't decide between the LV or the YSL. I do not currently own any of the 2 brands so any feedback will be greatly appreciated :smile:

I'm looking for an everyday bag that I can use for basically everything - run errands, go to lunch/dinner, travel, shopping, etc. I also want more of a classic bag that I can keep for a long time (and not get tired). Which one do you recommend and why?

45303374qs_13_a_v4.jpg

louis-vuitton-pochette-metis-monogram-empreinte-leather-handbags--M41487_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

I also saw the YSL SDJ medium souple but the open top worries me.
11321253ji_13_a_v4.jpg

What's your favorite? Are these good options? Thank you!!:heart:

Reactions: thefashionact
I had this same debate between the college bag and pochette metis in marine rouge. I believe the college bag is a bit bigger but what pushed me towards the metis is the fact that the strap isn't adjustable on the YSL. Also, when I'm torn between two bags, I check the preloved market to see how they age. The metis is too new to see how it ages in empreinte but I wasn't impressed by how older college bags look.

Hello ladies!

I wanted to create this thread to ask for your help/opinion! I want to get a bag for my birthday but can't decide between the LV or the YSL. I do not currently own any of the 2 brands so any feedback will be greatly appreciated :smile:

I'm looking for an everyday bag that I can use for basically everything - run errands, go to lunch/dinner, travel, shopping, etc. I also want more of a classic bag that I can keep for a long time (and not get tired). Which one do you recommend and why?

45303374qs_13_a_v4.jpg

louis-vuitton-pochette-metis-monogram-empreinte-leather-handbags--M41487_PM2_Front%20view.jpg

I also saw the YSL SDJ medium souple but the open top worries me.
11321253ji_13_a_v4.jpg

What's your favorite? Are these good options? Thank you!!:heart:
I personally like them both but I am myself buying the metis for holidays in monogram :smile:

I am also considering a bag that can be used for lunches, dinners, travel and errands. From your choices, I like the Pochette Metis the most. I do like the Sac de Jour but I think the PM will make a better travel bag.

Reactions: Kzp
Have you looked at the Saint Laurent Sac De Jour in the baby size? That seems to closer to the size of the others. I own it and love it. Use it everyday as crossbody or handheld. I actually love the open top and zipper insert. Just another option.

I had this same debate between the college bag and pochette metis in marine rouge. I believe the college bag is a bit bigger but what pushed me towards the metis is the fact that the strap isn't adjustable on the YSL. Also, when I'm torn between two bags, I check the preloved market to see how they age. The metis is too new to see how it ages in empreinte but I wasn't impressed by how older college bags look.
How do you like your PM? Have you had any quality issues?

Have you looked at the Saint Laurent Sac De Jour in the baby size? That seems to closer to the size of the others. I own it and love it. Use it everyday as crossbody or handheld. I actually love the open top and zipper insert. Just another option.
Yes I have! and I liked it the only thing was that it didn't complement my body - i.e. if you are tall/short/etc bags can seem too small or too big.

I have the metis in the Noir and my sister have the college (larger size) they both are beautiful bags, but like someone had
mention the college doesn’t have an adjustment straps and I’m not a big fan of the chain strap, although it’s very light. The college do fit more, but I end up getting the metis because 1) the strap is adjustable 2) it sit nicer on my body 3) the leather feels nicer.

Enjoy whichever bag you decide to purchase! You can’t go wrong with either bag

I was in the same position like you. But when I saw the PM Empreint noir I was like: This is the bag!!! I think the leather and style are better than the college bag.