LV Not So Fun Fact

Meika98

O.G.
Sep 2, 2011
As I was surfing Twitter today, I came across this not so fun fact. Am I the only one who didn't realize that excess inventory was destroyed? Wow. I guess I just imagined that discontinued bags live happily ever in museums or retirement homes or something.

Attachments

• image-2528505190.jpg
    image-2528505190.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,268
Lovely87 said:
Lol!! Yeah I've heard that as well. I wish there was an lv museum for us to visit. ^^

viacarolina2394 said:
Hm..... do you think this is really true? lol

LOL. I dunno, but for some reason a lot of "random fact" Twitter accounts have been running the same report for the last week. Wonder where the info originated. Nonetheless, I'm "mourning" the bags I wasn't able to grab before their trip to the incinerator. Case in point the Odeon GM.

I was often under the impression that they just sold through everything.... but at the same time they don't do outlets like other premier brands do as to uphold their status to some extent (which I don't actually mind, I have a love hate relationship with finding things on clearance and such). So maybe they try to sell through what they can in a reasonable timeframe, but once the collection has been done for long enough the bags get "sent back".

Hm..... do you think this is really true? lol

Yes, my SA has mentioned it to me a bunch of times. I suppose it's all for the "integrity of the brand". Not at all saying I like it, but I think a lot of luxury brands do it like Chanel, etc.

Edit: If it doesn't happen, why don't they care about letting their SAs know? Just curious. For mystique? lol

Last edited:
Lola24 said:
I was often under the impression that they just sold through everything.... but at the same time they don't do outlets like other premier brands do as to uphold their status to some extent (which I don't actually mind, I have a love hate relationship with finding things on clearance and such). So maybe they try to sell through what they can in a reasonable timeframe, but once the collection has been done for long enough the bags get "sent back".

Markxmikesmom said:
That is a old wives tale.... There are other posts about it.

Phew. I hate to think of such waste.

I can dig it...... If it was sold at discount (outlet) it would devalue the brand. Something like what happened to Coach after they put there outlets on the four corners of the earth. Everyone had one making me less likely to visit a flagship when I can go to a outlet.....

I imagined that they did this. After all, there's no way they sell everything all the time and they don't have sales. Pretty obvious what happens to excess stock...not a dream world were living in...it's business to keep their name and their prices up.