LV Neverfull or Gucci Ophidia 1, 2, or 3!

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Good Morning Lovely TPFrs. I am currently debating between these three bags. One of the Gucci's is the front runner, but my friend has a brand new Neverfull set that she doesn't want and would sell me for a heck of a deal. I haven't really been using shoulder bags much these days however. Which one gets your vote?!?

Attachments

• 1232655_1_large.jpg
    1232655_1_large.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 633
  • NMV41VQ_mz.jpg
    NMV41VQ_mz.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 595
  • untitled.png
    untitled.png
    82 KB · Views: 599
Reactions: amateurjeweler
The sizes of these bags are very different. My vote is for the top, dome Ophidia, because I tend to use small bags. They sell the Ophidia in a larger, medium size as well.
I hate open totes, because I always feel like my stuff is too exposed.

Reactions: Loco4Coco
I am going to have to agree with everyone here. The Gucci is lovely. And if that’s what you really wanted, I would go for it. It’s nice your friend was going to give you her NF for a great price; but that’s really not want you wanted. Maybe your friend can return her bag and get the full amount she paid for it.

Oh my choice is the first. :smile:

If the deal on the Neverfull is THAT good and your friend is OK with that, I'd buy the Neverfull, try it out and if it's not your cup of tea, resell it.
The Gucci bags will still be around later.
I do like that Gucci backpack, it has strong vintage vibes.

These are very different bags. If you want a tote, consider the Neverfull or the Ophidia tote. My vote would be for the Ophidia tote. But if you're only considering a tote because of the price of the Neverfull, I'd go for #1 or hold off until you see something you just have to have without hesitation.

If you know and trust your friend it can be a good thing for both of you. You get a deal and she doesn't lose money with a consignment store etc. However, as people have pointed out, they are very different bags, so if you never seriously considered a NF before she offered, does it matter how good the deal is? Would't you still want the Ophedia?

Go with what makes your "heart sing." Not a deal. Every time I've gone for a sale or a deal, I've been sorry unless it was something I really wanted. I love the first Gucci (half-moon). I've purchased the Neverful four times, and either gave it away or sold it all four times. Was better in theory than in real life, for me anyway.

I have three daughters who were very happy though. They actually use theirs all the time.

Thank you to all who voted! I was set on the Gucci backpack, but thought about if I’d really wear it like a backpack. I decided I would get more use out of the crossbody. It’s arriving tomorrow! Thanks Santa!

Reactions: Sonmi999