LV Mini Palm Springs Backpack

I didn’t even bother taking any when I saw it wasn’t coming into focus. But when I got there I didn’t realize my CA was in the back so I was showing another girl I work with occasionally and as soon as I showed her she pulled a “what the heck” face and said that’s not excess she can get off it was straight up peeling canvas. I’m super bummed because I love that bag but I’m trying to be mindful of what bags are in my collection and while I take care of my bags I can’t afford to baby any of them or pay for something that wears so quickly!

I didn’t even bother taking any when I saw it wasn’t coming into focus. But when I got there I didn’t realize my CA was in the back so I was showing another girl I work with occasionally and as soon as I showed her she pulled a “what the heck” face and said that’s not excess she can get off it was straight up peeling canvas. I’m super bummed because I love that bag but I’m trying to be mindful of what bags are in my collection and while I take care of my bags I can’t afford to baby any of them or pay for something that wears so quickly!

that is so unfortunate. i think this is an issue with the monogram canvas only. because i have the reverse and the reverse canvas has been holding up like a gem, but the monogram part has peeled slightly in the corners.

Reactions: shishkabob
Are these tiny cracks normal? I just got mine and I had them too..I am afraid that it might get worst...3ED5E077-6991-478C-B9E5-3BA30E594B1D.jpeg AE03B66B-BD4F-4FF5-9EB2-59FDEF1526A1.jpeg
I just got my 3rd replacement Palm Springs mini. This bag has been a challenge, but LV has been super great to work with - no hassle, very helpful and doing the right thing. Each defective one had the peeling canvas issues around the zipper and on the corners. This new zipper is amazing! So much more convenient. I am super happy with it so far.

My SA told me the best way to get a mini is to put sign a client order and leave your credit card info. You will then be on a waitlist to get your mini as they fulfil the list. The only catch is when the item arrives in-store they charge your card and ship the bag to your house. You can’t pick it up in store, but the same return policy applies, no issues with returning if you change your mind. She said a lot of people are unwilling to leave a credit card, so they work off luck and often can’t get one because most SAs have a clientele base and if it’s up for grabs, it’s usually sold before it even hits the floor. I had this opportunity with one with the old zipper and I literally had to be the first one in the store because holds were not allowed.

You also need to make sure you waitlisted with the new item code. I was actually able to jump the line because the person before me had the old code. I heard LV is discontinuing the old zipper, so sadly I think the people who are on the old code waitlist will probably not be getting one unless your SA is diligent is updating the code. My SA didn’t even know the code had changed, so an honest mistake that you should confirm with your SA.

You can also try stalking the website. I actually saw one come available by pressing refresh, but lots of people stalk, so really luck of the draw.

If you are ok with the old zipper style (I definitely don’t recommend), I have noticed they are popping up frequently on second hand sites. Before the launch of the new zipper these bags would sell in minutes. On the site I follow, there is a reverse and a monogram that have been listed for at least two weeks I think. They are going for the same cost as new however, and I don’t think that’s worth it. I have a PM Palm spring as well and even when being careful I had cracking after 3 months of using it every day. The mini PS zipper is way harder to open than the PM, so can’t imagine it will do better. Why drop $2K on a bag you can’t open!

Sorry for all the posts! Didn’t want to make a giant post. Last one, I promise!

Have any of you decided between these two bandouliere strap for your mini? Or have both!!? I am really torn between which one to get. The nylon one is backordered and is the look I like more, but my SA has the monogram one in now. Should I get one... or both?!

Attachments

• 069DB25C-081D-478C-AB3B-DEFB33573CDF.png
    069DB25C-081D-478C-AB3B-DEFB33573CDF.png
    323.8 KB · Views: 654
  • A444A289-4439-4A80-A44F-59A1333C6E1A.png
    A444A289-4439-4A80-A44F-59A1333C6E1A.png
    229.8 KB · Views: 657
Sorry for all the posts! Didn’t want to make a giant post. Last one, I promise!

Have any of you decided between these two bandouliere strap for your mini? Or have both!!? I am really torn between which one to get. The nylon one is backordered and is the look I like more, but my SA has the monogram one in now. Should I get one... or both?!

I would get the one you like more, even if it’s a wait. Why settle?

Reactions: Msdanger
My SA told me the best way to get a mini is to put sign a client order and leave your credit card info. You will then be on a waitlist to get your mini as they fulfil the list. The only catch is when the item arrives in-store they charge your card and ship the bag to your house. You can’t pick it up in store, but the same return policy applies, no issues with returning if you change your mind. She said a lot of people are unwilling to leave a credit card, so they work off luck and often can’t get one because most SAs have a clientele base and if it’s up for grabs, it’s usually sold before it even hits the floor. I had this opportunity with one with the old zipper and I literally had to be the first one in the store because holds were not allowed.

You also need to make sure you waitlisted with the new item code. I was actually able to jump the line because the person before me had the old code. I heard LV is discontinuing the old zipper, so sadly I think the people who are on the old code waitlist will probably not be getting one unless your SA is diligent is updating the code. My SA didn’t even know the code had changed, so an honest mistake that you should confirm with your SA.

You can also try stalking the website. I actually saw one come available by pressing refresh, but lots of people stalk, so really luck of the draw.

If you are ok with the old zipper style (I definitely don’t recommend), I have noticed they are popping up frequently on second hand sites. Before the launch of the new zipper these bags would sell in minutes. On the site I follow, there is a reverse and a monogram that have been listed for at least two weeks I think. They are going for the same cost as new however, and I don’t think that’s worth it. I have a PM Palm spring as well and even when being careful I had cracking after 3 months of using it every day. The mini PS zipper is way harder to open than the PM, so can’t imagine it will do better. Why drop $2K on a bag you can’t open!
The waitlist is closed in Australia for these and other high demand items. I thought it was the case worldwide? If you have an SA they can let you know when one comes in but aren't allowed to hold. My SA held one for me but only an hour to give me time to get in there.

The waitlist is closed in Australia for these and other high demand items. I thought it was the case worldwide? If you have an SA they can let you know when one comes in but aren't allowed to hold. My SA held one for me but only an hour to give me time to get in there.
The waitlist closed for Canada as well, but they seem to be allowing people to fill out client forms with cc details to get priority for high demand items. I got a mini pouchette, Favorite MM and my mini PS this way over the last 2 years. Maybe depends on the SA you talk to and if they are willing to do it?