LV Mini Palm Springs Backpack

The glazing is peeling, happened to my defective psm and I returned it and received a new one

Thank you for your response! I got my PSM in April so I have had it for less than 6 months. I am really upset that this is happening :sad:. Does this mean that it will become a bigger problem over time and affect more areas of the bag? I live in Toronto and am close to a few LV stores. Should I go in and speak to an SA? Thanks for any advice!

Tanya, how long have you had yours that you were able to get a replacement.? Mine doesn't have these white peeling like Jesse's but just in case.
Tanya, how long have you had yours that you were able to get a replacement.? Mine doesn't have these white peeling like Jesse's but just in case.
I had it for 3 weeks and the peeling was worse so they deemed it defective and I ordered another one. My current one I’ve had for 2.5 months and so far so good.

Thank you for your response! I got my PSM in April so I have had it for less than 6 months. I am really upset that this is happening :sad:. Does this mean that it will become a bigger problem over time and affect more areas of the bag? I live in Toronto and am close to a few LV stores. Should I go in and speak to an SA? Thanks for any advice!
Mine started out at first like yours and within 2 weeks got even worse so more than likely yours will get worse as well if you keep using the bag. It happened to mine within 3 weeks of having it and yes I would go in and speak to someone, the SA I took it to was aware of this issue so I’m sure they will help you out. My current one I’ve had for a few months and so far so good but I did notice that my current one is less shiny than the defective one I had so I’m not sure if the glazing is different

Mine started out at first like yours and within 2 weeks got even worse so more than likely yours will get worse as well if you keep using the bag. It happened to mine within 3 weeks of having it and yes I would go in and speak to someone, the SA I took it to was aware of this issue so I’m sure they will help you out. My current one I’ve had for a few months and so far so good but I did notice that my current one is less shiny than the defective one I had so I’m not sure if the glazing is different

I really appreciate your advice! Thank you so much. I will be going to the store on Friday and will give an update when I get home. I purchased the PSM on the LV website. There are four LV stores where I live in Toronto. I’ve shopped at all of them but have never purchased from the same SA more than once. Anyone here have really good experiences with certain stores or SAs in Toronto?

So an update on my situation! I took my defective psm into the boutique today. The SA told me this is a known defect with the psm (peeled glazing). It happens around the zipper because it rubs against the canvas. He recommended that I get a different bag because if I get another psm its likely that it will happen again. I told him I have many canvas lv bags and the only thing I want is a backpack because thats the reason why I bought the psm. And to be honest I dont like the other backpacks that Lv offers right now. He offered me a store credit which I wanted to refuse because I would rather have my money back and try again to purchase it online since I have better luck on the website than i do on the store waitlists. However he said when the next one comes in he will use the credit to purchase it for me. I hope this will all work out. This is my first quality issue Ive ever had with Lv and it’s not a good feeling :sad:. Thank you for giving me a place to ask questions and I hope I’ve helped someone to share my experience.

So an update on my situation! I took my defective psm into the boutique today. The SA told me this is a known defect with the psm (peeled glazing). It happens around the zipper because it rubs against the canvas. He recommended that I get a different bag because if I get another psm its likely that it will happen again. I told him I have many canvas lv bags and the only thing I want is a backpack because thats the reason why I bought the psm. And to be honest I dont like the other backpacks that Lv offers right now. He offered me a store credit which I wanted to refuse because I would rather have my money back and try again to purchase it online since I have better luck on the website than i do on the store waitlists. However he said when the next one comes in he will use the credit to purchase it for me. I hope this will all work out. This is my first quality issue Ive ever had with Lv and it’s not a good feeling :sad:. Thank you for giving me a place to ask questions and I hope I’ve helped someone to share my experience.

There must be some way to prevent this. Because there are sets no such problems at all !

my 3-week old psm is peeling like crazy too. getting a replacement piece hopefully this one is better!