LV Lovers: Convert me...

Here's my thing about LV. I purchased my first LV - an ellipse backpack three years ago and my LV collection has grown ever since. I mainly have the monogram canvas line and one from the epi leather line (the Lussac).

The monogram canvas itself is made out of a coated vinyl material (I was initial shocked but careless now) that contributes to its durabilty and longevity. The craftsmanship (precise sewing, clean finishing, and details) is synonymous to LV adding it to its prestige. Lastly, LV is always increasing the prices of its products, attributing to a high re-sell value and considered a financial investment to others. Well, these are my reasons for liking LV.

I will tell you, the only thing I don't like too much about the LV, particularly the mono canvas line, is that the shade of the light leather eventually changes from a honey color to a dark brown. The speed of it changing, depends on its the frequency of usage and exposure to certain elements (such as water, sun, and even sweat).

Whatever you decide to get from LV, enjoy and wear it well.

I am a sucker for buying things that are "classics", and that is why LV is so great. I love how my grandmother and mom have owned LV. I think it's the "little piece of history" aspect of the brand that is so appealing to me (seems a little shallow to equate that to purses, but I think it's really true). And, I think that they hold up really well.

I know it seems a little overpriced for something made out of coated canvas and leather trim but the quality of the workmanship is superb. That's why they maintain their resale value and is always considered a classic. I have some of the It bags like the spy and paddington and there is always issues like the color fading, padlock peeling, coating on edges cracking, etc. The point is LV ARE always worth the investment, they are made to last a lifetime (depending how you treat it).

Buttery said:
Not too long ago, I posted on another message board that I've never owned LV and several women took pity on me. :lol: Someone said, "It's a woman's right of passage!!!" I've been noticing so many LV fans here and everywhere, so I'm naturally curious. Please tell me what you love about LV handbags; I'm seriously considering adding one to the collection. I'm not crazy about the monogram, but I'm drawn to the epi leather. Is it soft?

Please tell me everything that you love about LV. What am I missing out on? :lol:
You know what? I was the same way when I started collecting. The LV's grew on me as I learned more about the history and tradition of the company. It was kind of like Bruce Springsteen - hated him until I saw him live in concert! Or like caviar (you want me to eat what?!) - until you have really good caviar with really good cognac. And the styles are classic and will look just as great when you are 80!