LV Lovers: Convert me...

well, i don't have any LV bags either, although i have a fews others like gucci, mulberry etc.. i love the epi line and have seen and felt it at the stores. However, what really put me off is whenever I go to an LV store, it just seems so superficial. I don't know, but there is always a queue (at the london and paris stores) outside of the door and when you get in, there is no one available to serve and i have to wait for some time before anyone is free. I just feel that the whole queuing thing is all part of a farce to make the brand seem so desirable and to make things worse, the guys at the door is always so rude. I'm not sure if i want to queue to spend a few hundred pounds there. And I am also having doubts as to what kind of impression carrying an LV bag would make. I used to think it's classy and elegant (some of the non-mono bags still are), but now I feel that it's so over-exposed that it seems almost pompous carrying it and I would feel self-conscious.

I still like their bags though and have to say they are really well made and beautiful, but i'm just not sure what impression it gives out. Yes, i do care about what people think, I want a nice bag, but I don't want to be seen as one of the masses because honestly, many people have LVs, if not, one at least which they have saved up for.

I'm not discouraging you abt LV. This is just my personal opinion abt it after I have been to the paris store over my christmas break and I'm just thinking I may spend my $ on some other reputable brands like ferragamo.

BagLovingMom said:
I'll have to list them, hee hee I'm embarrased to say that I don't even have a digital camera or an ahem, Ipod, is that how you spell it?! I am committed to being more tech savvy this year!

Please list them I would love to know :biggrin:

I'm flattered by your interst Kimmy. Ok here's my stash, compiled over the last eight years, some inherited from my grandmother, some gifts, and of course lots of self purchases. Forgive my spelling!
Handbags:
Medium Ellipse--1st one I bought for myself, ordered from NM years ago way back when they offered them through Mail order, Ellipse had just come out then
All three Cabas
Pouchette Marelle
Mulitiplicite
Speedy 25,30
Medium, Mini Looping
Mini Sac HL
Sac Plat
Vavin GM
Small Goods
Medium agenda
Key Holder
Portfolio
Porte Tresor Wallet
Wapity Case
That round coin case, forget name
Luggage
Small, medium keepalls
Small Sirius
Pegase 50, 70
Train Case--This is my absolute favorite thing

THink that's it, all are Mono Canvas, absolutely love it

BagLovingMom said:
I'm flattered by your interst Kimmy. Ok here's my stash, compiled over the last eight years, some inherited from my grandmother, some gifts, and of course lots of self purchases. Forgive my spelling!
Handbags:
Medium Ellipse--1st one I bought for myself, ordered from NM years ago way back when they offered them through Mail order, Ellipse had just come out then
All three Cabas
Pouchette Marelle
Mulitiplicite
Speedy 25,30
Medium, Mini Looping
Mini Sac HL
Sac Plat
Vavin GM
Small Goods
Medium agenda
Key Holder
Portfolio
Porte Tresor Wallet
Wapity Case
That round coin case, forget name
Luggage
Small, medium keepalls
Small Sirius
Pegase 50, 70
Train Case--This is my absolute favorite thing

THink that's it, all are Mono Canvas, absolutely love it

What a wonderful collection!!

Buttery said:
Not too long ago, I posted on another message board that I've never owned LV and several women took pity on me. :lol: Someone said, "It's a woman's right of passage!!!" I've been noticing so many LV fans here and everywhere, so I'm naturally curious. Please tell me what you love about LV handbags; I'm seriously considering adding one to the collection. I'm not crazy about the monogram, but I'm drawn to the epi leather. Is it soft?

Please tell me everything that you love about LV. What am I missing out on? :lol:

I think what I love most behind Louis Vuitton is...it's deep, rich, history. I think the history of the house of Vuitton is unparalleled! The bags themselves are also the ABSOLUTE higest quality, they could probably even outlast you! Lastly, the Monogram canvas and Damier canvas will NEVER go out of style (hey--if the Damier canvas came out in 1888, and the Monogram in 1896, and they're still around, I think that says something!)

P.S.- The Epi leather is beautiful! The texture of it gives it a personality! I have a Epi snap wallet, back from when they made Epi in yellow (with that gorgeous purple cross-grain leather interior :love: ).

Good luck in your new ventures into the exciting world of Vuitton! :nuts:

Alright, ladies...you got me. I think I may finally do it soon. Since I have a daughter (2-years-old right now:lol: ), I'll be needing monogram canvas. And I just love the way that the epi leather looks. The fact that it's almost bullet proof is enough to have me sold. I've been looking at eluxury.com and so far, I've found a few items that I'm drawn to...:biggrin:
I may have to start with this:
p10885631_ph_hero.jpg

And work my way up to these...(I just love that Mandarin!!!:love: )
p10260279_ph_althero_Mandarin.jpg

p10515278_ph_hero.jpg

I may have to order the LV catalog...I think I want to see everything in Mandarin.

The LV line is unparalled in luxury - the only problem is that there are so damn many good fakes out there, it looks likes everyone has one and despite all efforts, LV can't seem to stop it. Thus, the line is diminished by the proliferation.

Buttery said:
Alright, ladies...you got me. I think I may finally do it soon. Since I have a daughter (2-years-old right now:lol: ), I'll be needing monogram canvas. And I just love the way that the epi leather looks. The fact that it's almost bullet proof is enough to have me sold. I've been looking at eluxury.com and so far, I've found a few items that I'm drawn to...:biggrin:
I may have to start with this:
p10885631_ph_hero.jpg

This was my first LV bag. In fact, I'm carrying it today! It's a nice bag, not overly huge but can hold a LOT! We're going on a ski trip next month and I plan to use as my carry on.

The damier alma is GORGEOUS. But I have to comment that it's a very uncomfortable bag for me because of the shape and because I can only carry it on the crooks of my arm. Lovely bag none-the-less, I'm just more of a shoulder bag gal.

Please tell me everything that you love about LV. What am I missing out on? :lol:[/quote]

i was at the same position as you were few months ago and then i fall in love with a monogram canvac alma and i got it with a light honey patina through ebay. 4 weeks later i bought the speedy 25 which i do love as well even that she doesn't have any patina yet but as my favaoutite sa said: you have to work for a beatiful patina. i am now addicted because i got the matching wallet, porte cle and pochette cerise for christmas and i all love them dearly because this fantastic craftmenship and the durabilty is excellent and i think they are the only bags which look much nicer with age (all with oxidizing leather).But the most i love is going into the lv shop because the have agreat service there which we don't receive much here in germany. my favaourite sa wrote me a new year card that has never happend to me with any shop. and last but not least i love the smell. may be i could convince you;)