LV Key Cle Damier Azur is Discontinued

I am sorry to hear this news.

I have one, got it a long time ago, but recently I spilled water in my bag, cleaned it up, thought I had gotten it all, turns out water had seeped into my cles, there was a paper card in there along with the usual plastic cards I carry and a few days later when I opened my cles, there was an awful mildewy smell!

I cleaned the cards, ditched the paper card, poured baking soda in the cles, but no luck. Let it sit for a long time like that hoping the baking soda would absorb the odor. Nope. Then I resorted to spritzing the inside with perfume.

It is on my dresser still, I am still sniffing and spritzing occasionally, hoping the problem will resolves itself eventually. Meanwhile, I am using my cles in de.

I don't think I will purchase another cles in da. I am determined to get that odor out of it, but am bothered that if I change my mind, it won't even be available. :hrmm:
Awww…hun…I hope it gets cleaned up.

Reactions: tinybutterfly
I am sorry to hear this news.

I have one, got it a long time ago, but recently I spilled water in my bag, cleaned it up, thought I had gotten it all, turns out water had seeped into my cles, there was a paper card in there along with the usual plastic cards I carry and a few days later when I opened my cles, there was an awful mildewy smell!

I cleaned the cards, ditched the paper card, poured baking soda in the cles, but no luck. Let it sit for a long time like that hoping the baking soda would absorb the odor. Nope. Then I resorted to spritzing the inside with perfume.

It is on my dresser still, I am still sniffing and spritzing occasionally, hoping the problem will resolves itself eventually. Meanwhile, I am using my cles in de.

I don't think I will purchase another cles in da. I am determined to get that odor out of it, but am bothered that if I change my mind, it won't even be available. :hrmm:
I purchased a toilette bag on auction that had the storage smell, I placed two dryer sheets in it and let it sit for a 2 weeks and the smell is gone. Also when researching found out coffee beans or charcoal in fabric pouch also works well for deodorizing. That was my next step if the dryer sheets wouldn’t work.

Reactions: tinybutterfly
Missing the days btw when Fab was here to remind us all that Key and Cles means the same thing :biggrin:
Here's the one I struggle with...a key pouch...is it a pouch to put on your keys, or a pouch to put your keys in?

I think it's a pouch to put on your keys. (I mean original intended purpose...of course you can do whatever the heck you want with your key pouch! :biggrin: )

Here's the one I struggle with...a key pouch...is it a pouch to put on your keys, or a pouch to put your keys in?

I think it's a pouch to put on your keys. (I mean original intended purpose...of course you can do whatever the heck you want with your key pouch! :biggrin: )
I use mine to put my keys in it. I found out the hard way just putting my keys in my kirigami that it stretched the canvas a bit and left a few scuff marks :crybaby:

I use mine to put my keys in it. I found out the hard way just putting my keys in my kirigami that it stretched the canvas a bit and left a few scuff marks :crybaby:
I too learned the hard way not to put keys directly in my designer bags. I do use mines to put my keys in, since I have a large key fob. But I love the 4 and 6 key holder just as much as the key pouch. Just the pouch can hold a little more.

I purchased a toilette bag on auction that had the storage smell, I placed two dryer sheets in it and let it sit for a 2 weeks and the smell is gone. Also when researching found out coffee beans or charcoal in fabric pouch also works well for deodorizing. That was my next step if the dryer sheets wouldn’t work.

Thank you! I will try the first suggestion and if that doesn't work, I'll try the second suggestion! Spritzing with perfume is not working all that well. :doh:

I've heard there are charcoal packs on Amazon. Or adding baking soda and sealing it in a plastic bag. I've also heard putting it in a bag and placing it in the freezer. There are some You Tube videos that give different ideas. Thankfully I haven't had this issue. Every time I buy a preloved item, I worry until I can smell it for myself. :lol: