LV Judy PM or MM or Alma BB Electric Noir bag?

globsey

O.G.
Mar 27, 2009
Hi all,

I am looking for a small bag that can be used for an evening going out dinner / party, even wedding bag, which I usually will wear flowy flare dresses, knee length or maxi, with/out print. My choices so far are: LV Judy multi-color in black size PM or MM or LV Alma BB in Electric Noir.
I also want this bag to still suit me and my age in few years to come, like when I'm 40yo. I am 33yo and my height is 5ft 3".

With Judy, it has lots of leather bit which need to be careful. If anyone who has this bag for few years can tell me how to look after this and can post photos of how the bag looks like now, would be really helpful to me. Also is it heavy?

Feel free to give opinions and pro cons. I plan to purchase it within next 2 weeks. Thanks.

I love the Alma and plan to get an EE Alma in GM, however I think the BB size will not suit you at 40. IMO it's too cutesy for evening events. The style of Judy is a bit more appropriate for what you want. I'm sure I will be in the minority.

LVlvoe_bug said:
I agree!
I have the alma bb in amarante and like it.....Or how about a Monceau bb?

The SA suggested Monceau BB but I have Mirada in amarante. I think the style is similar, just smaller. So I don't really need same style again. Plus I think Monceau BB is a bit plainer and even more cutesy style.

mammabyrdie said:
I love the Alma and plan to get an EE Alma in GM, however I think the BB size will not suit you at 40. IMO it's too cutesy for evening events. The style of Judy is a bit more appropriate for what you want. I'm sure I will be in the minority.

Agree!

mammabyrdie said:

Yes thats my though too! I keep thinking if it still suit me few years later. I know being black is safer than those bright colors, which more cutesy. But I think Judy is more casual style (not patent) and the multi-color prints might be too loud if I also wear printed dress. I am open to other suggestions....

Thanks for all the replies. As an update, I went back to the store to see Judy and I don't like it anymore. In my opinion it is too casual for formal event and needs more glam and Alma BB Electric Noir Epi is too cutesy. I was also thinking of Rossmore PM or MM. I have Mirada Amarante Vernis and the strap can be used for Rossmore MM for longer strap. But among all of Rossmore MM they have in the store, the flap is alwsys lopsided. Another option I was thinking was Sevigne PM in Electric Noir Epi but I don't like to wear it hand-held, feels too boxy. So at the end I will wait for Chanel Camellia WOC to be available in store. Else if I am desperate, I might consider Rossmore PM. The size between those 2 are similar.