LV increases their prices in Malaysia

aoofy

Mar 31, 2008
For those living in Malaysia, the SA there just informed me that all prices will be increased by 5-7% this coming thursday!!! so hurry up...buy everything you want before it's too late..

Seems like LV is increasing their prices worldwide but I have to agree that it is already expensive in Malaysia.

Perhaps LV should start to standardise their prices so that they don't have to deal with bag dealers who send people on free trips to Paris queuing up for LVs!

Seems like LV is increasing their prices worldwide but I have to agree that it is already expensive in Malaysia.

Perhaps LV should start to standardise their prices so that they don't have to deal with bag dealers who send people on free trips to Paris queuing up for LVs!

really? is there such bag dealers in malaysia??? i thought it happens only in china..i was once approached by few chineses at paris champ elysee store and they asked me to buy bags on their behalf. I wasn't sure about it but i still bought for them as they seemed desparate. i was told by the SA afterwards in the store and i regretted so much..

Uurghh... as it is, it's already expensive. And now that they're hiking up the price... looks like I'm buying my LV indulgence elsewhere.

U must buy in France if you have the chance. it's cheapest there!! But London is not that bad too..it's just a very tiny difference in London

U must buy in France if you have the chance. it's cheapest there!! But London is not that bad too..it's just a very tiny difference in London

Yep it has to be cheaper at the mothership! I've only bought 1 LV at the KLCC store and I absolutely abhor their SAs! I have no idea why they have to be so snobbish. Haven't been to the Star Hill one so I don't know how the SAs there are.

The rest I've bought in London and US which IMO is definitely cheaper. Does anybody know if it's cheaper in Dubai (considering it's duty free)?

Yep it has to be cheaper at the mothership! I've only bought 1 LV at the KLCC store and I absolutely abhor their SAs! I have no idea why they have to be so snobbish. Haven't been to the Star Hill one so I don't know how the SAs there are.

The rest I've bought in London and US which IMO is definitely cheaper. Does anybody know if it's cheaper in Dubai (considering it's duty free)?
most of my LV are from DUBAI. definitly cheaper than asian countries. especially for me im form the philippines. Philippines is the most expensive L.V, in southeast asia. the prices in the dubai are the same in the L.V. website. sometime for 1000USD it will cost you around 950USD in dubai.

most of my LV are from DUBAI. definitly cheaper than asian countries. especially for me im form the philippines. Philippines is the most expensive L.V, in southeast asia. the prices in the dubai are the same in the L.V. website. sometime for 1000USD it will cost you around 950USD in dubai.

Oh thanks alfred_sikat! I didn't know the Philippines have the most expensive LV in SEA.

Now let's see... where did I put that friend-from-Dubai's number again....? :graucho:

If you think the KLCC SA's are snobs, wait till you try Starhill. You'll be horrified. No joke.

Oh no...! I am planning to take a trip to Malaysia this December... and visit the LV store whilst I am there :graucho: This is discouraging... so which one is the main LV store to visit in KL? Also planning on heading north to Bangkok too... any ideas about prices in Thailand and which stores to hit? :shrugs: :sweatdrop:

TIA :flowers:

There are 2 stores in Malaysia, KLCC and Starhill (main). KLCC has better service IMO. Starhill's is a mess and the SAs have no time to even look at you.

ShyShy - Bangkok is definitely cheaper than KL.

exora and mercx5 - I have not bought any LV from KL but have been to Starhill and KLCC a few times. I was served, not excellent service but can't complain. It's sad to know that SAs still judge customers by what they wear or carry. Best service I have experienced was in Harrods, London.

aoofy - Yes, there are dealers like that in Msia. The flight and accommodation is free, just get them those models which the dealers want.

It's the cheapest in France and with the recent drop in exchange rate, London is pretty close. Prices in neighbouring countries (Germany, Switzerland) of France comes pretty close too.