LV in Towson Town Center Robbed

I looked up the mall - looks like the LV is an indoor location, 2nd floor right near a Tiffany's. Surely the stores in that section have additional security.
I'm surprised the grab and run thief would do it in this environment (meaning, no parking lot/car to run into to go).

This is my local store I live in Towson! I am at that mall atleast once a week! It is extremely unfortunate! Very sad! During the Holiday season of 2011 someone was shot outside of Nordstrom at this same mall.

Do they have security at that location? The nerve of them to just walk out the front door!

I know they have an actual security guard inside LV and Tiffany's, I have never noticed any other security around that area. Maybe there will be now!

thats the local lv store by me. its scary to think that i go there and something like that can happen, the mall is very nice but crowds that go there are well, not the best. the store is located by 3 exits that would make it easy for the robbers to get away. i hope they add more security and i hope the staff are okay :sad:

I know. I started this thread last night when I saw it on the news

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/my-local-lv-has-changed-their-799465.html

I hope they don't close but is is the second time they've been robbed on two yrs. they now have a locking system on all bags. It is guarded but with all guards.....that doesn't do anything. I feel like they should have armed guards. It's not like they don't make the money. The amount that they stole valued a persons salary

When I read about this, I thought about another incident at that mall, a shooting, over a year ago.
I know these are rare instances but one does wonder about the on-site security team.

This is my local LV store too, actually I'm very surprised to know what happened given there's always a security guy in the store.
I guess locking bags won't help, with the powerful pliers they can still take the merchandise.
I agree the mall needs to increase security presence in the mall, at least at the luxury section. A lot of irrelevant crowds love hanging there, and it's not like the mall doesn't have money for enough security, rent there is very high.

This is my local store I live in Towson! I am at that mall atleast once a week! It is extremely unfortunate! Very sad! During the Holiday season of 2011 someone was shot outside of Nordstrom at this same mall.

I know they have an actual security guard inside LV and Tiffany's, I have never noticed any other security around that area. Maybe there will be now!

I've worked in a few mobile phone shops here in the UK and obviously as we have ''live handets'' on display we are a target for thefts.

Most go unnoticed, which sounds mad, but in a large store thats busy they slip them out of the alarmed holders and make off in about 15 seconds but even we have panic buttons everywhere.

ALWAYS on my first day at any store ive always been told ''if somebody wants cash, or stock just give it to them, its all insured and you are far more important''.

It mustve been terrifying for those SA's though, I hope they are all okay and not too shaken up!