LV at Heathrow

I am departing the UK next week from Heathrow Airport, as I don't have time to claim back the VAT at the time, could someone who has done this, please let me know if it is possible to place my receipts/ forms in a loyalty box and just have the refund credited back to my credit card. I have done this when I have departed a smaller London airport- Stansted. Thank you.

Oh yes. Very easy but before you drop the forms, you need to get in line to get the VAT papers stamped from an official there. I was there in June and there was no line. The official just asked if I had the bags with me (I did),then he just stamped the papers without checking my bags and told me to drop the papers in the envelope given in the Post Office box behind me. I rec'd my refund after about 7 weeks in my credit card statement. HTH!

Vat refund allowed for used bags at heathrow?
Hi I will be traveling to europe and planning to grab an LV and Chanel bags.
I would like to start using the beautiful bags in Europe.

My final EU destination will be heathrow.

My question is how strictly will heathrow inspect the bags. I will have to remove the tags while using them during the trip. I do intend to pack them for the Vat goods inpection but the tags will be cut off. Would this disqualify me from the refund?

Anyone who went through Refund process especially at Heathrow, how closely do they check the tags?

Also, is it ok to throw away the boxes? They occupy so much luggage space.
Your advice will be appreciated thanks!

When I went through Heathrow last October, my purchases were not examined at all by the VAT refund people. And my DH has gone through the VAT refund process in Paris several times and no one has ever inspected his purchases (LV for me). The only time I had to go through any screening was when we arrived back in the US, at the Customs checkpoint (we were honest in declaring my purchases -- foolish me, I guess).

thanks, appreciate your inputs! I guess the chance of being inspected is low.

I just wonder if anyone has experienced showing bags in less-than-pristine (tags removed) condition, and whether you encountered any problems. thanks!

I believe next month LV will launch its first duty free at Heathrow Terminal 5 with a savings of at least 16.7% off retail price for flying out of Europe passengers.
duty free LV is also at the Incheon airport in Seoul, South Korea for anyone traveling through Asia! I got a great deal there last year!