LV at Heathrow

Given the relative weakness of the Euro, I would recommend buying in France v. Heathrow. I was in T5 this week and the store is going to be huge. Lots of new stores going in - Tiffany etc.

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered, but i am planning to buy a delightful from the LV in T5 duty free when flying to the US this Summer. Wanted to ask if anyone has faced any issues when arriving in the US? Do I need to declare it on my customs form? I am a UK citizen, and plan to bring it back to the UK.

Thank you :smile:

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been answered, but i am planning to buy a delightful from the LV in T5 duty free when flying to the US this Summer. Wanted to ask if anyone has faced any issues when arriving in the US? Do I need to declare it on my customs form? I am a UK citizen, and plan to bring it back to the UK.

You don't need to declare anything since you are only visiting the US. However, when you return to the UK, make sure customs can't find the tax free receipt in your luggage if you get searched upon arrival, or you will have to pay taxes then. (It's technically fraud to bring back the item because you are supposed to export it, makes sense?).

You don't need to declare anything since you are only visiting the US. However, when you return to the UK, make sure customs can't find the tax free receipt in your luggage if you get searched upon arrival, or you will have to pay taxes then. (It's technically fraud to bring back the item because you are supposed to export it, makes sense?).

That makes perfect sense.. thanks for your help :smile:

Hi,

Will you actually be able to purchase this duty free?

You are eligible for a VAT refund if:
• You normally live outside of the EU
• If you live outside of the EU and you are working / studying in the
UK, you may still be eligible if you can prove you are leaving the EU
for more than 12 months
• EU residents may also qualify if you leave the UK for a destination
outside of the EU and do not return to the EU within 12 months.
In all cases you must:
• Be able to prove that you belong to one of the categories
above by showing the customs official your passport, visa
or other documents
• Take the goods outside of the EU by the end of the fourth calendar
month after purchase

for more than 12 months
In all cases you must:
or other documents
month after purchase

Oh yes! Duh! Good point!!

for more than 12 months
In all cases you must:
or other documents
month after purchase
If you buy directly from the airport Louis Vuitton at T5 and are flying to the US, the items are duty free and you don't need to fill out any forms. I just had a relative buy from there and bring a Retiro to the US and it was almost 17% less expensive at the duty free. If you are flying from T5 within the EU, then you cannot buy duty free at the LV. You do need to show your ticket and passport.

If you buy directly from the airport Louis Vuitton at T5 and are flying to the US, the items are duty free and you don't need to fill out any forms. I just had a relative buy from there and bring a Retiro to the US and it was almost 17% less expensive at the duty free. If you are flying from T5 within the EU, then you cannot buy duty free at the LV. You do need to show your ticket and passport.

It was a quote from the Heathrow website. I presume your relative is English and was visiting you for a holiday?

It was a quote from the Heathrow website. I presume your relative is English and was visiting you for a holiday?

Very odd that they would post that? Yes, my cousin lives in England and was visiting the US on vacation. I tried to preorder and pay but it apparantly had to be the person who held the ticket that ordered and paid. The Retiro was listed in March at £1120 or £1170- I can't remember and she purchased it for £991 at the duty free.