LV hardware quality issue...

Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge there were no SLG's made with this hardware. If there was, please prove me wrong because I am looking for some.

Or you're like most of us, I hope I'm not making a crazy assumption, who baby our Vuittons and treat them properly. Here's a picture below of some silver hardware with platting loss (this is what scares me), coming from the world renowned Japanese sellers. What's customer service going to do about this? I'm assuming charge the customer for replacement hardware which would probably run $150-200?

Also @fabuleux, are you familiar with this 'satin-finished titanium'? Is it solid, and not plated? It sure does feel non-plated. I remember reading a post of yours awhile back, LV will put brass hardware on your pieces for $75, not the plated stuff. Does this include SLG?
I really don’t baby my bags. Also, I haven’t paid $75 to get different hardware on my pieces. Not sure where you got that.

Looks like I misspoke. Below you will find the quote from a user who spent $75 on solid brass zipper pulls. What does not babying a bag mean, I think it might mean slightly different things to different people. I've seen some bags with holes in the corner, damaged piping, and significant wear. I wonder if the majority of forum users consider this excessive wear or if this is normal wear and tear....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.35.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.35.42 AM.png
    221.6 KB · Views: 101
My speedy b25 zipper pull. it started 3mons after i purchased it. other hardwares doing the same thing. Been to lv and manager told me that for her everything looks fine and normal. haha my coach bag's hardware is better than this and i've been using it for 5years.
2064E2CB-2492-4D49-8D2F-A3B5E7BE1E24.jpeg

LV needs to use BRASS and not brass colored metal on ALL their pieces. I call this a QUALITY issue. I have a vintage bag and a couple newer bags from 2011 going forward. Only one of my newer bags experienced the brass loss and I took it into the store to be replaced. But to replace it with the same quality means frequent trips into the store to have the pieces replaced. WHO KNEW!!! I would love to buy the zippy organizer wallet but NOPE. It will cause me to burn too much gas going back and forth. Come on LV - you can do better.

Reactions: cosima
My speedy b25 zipper pull. it started 3mons after i purchased it. other hardwares doing the same thing. Been to lv and manager told me that for her everything looks fine and normal. haha my coach bag's hardware is better than this and i've been using it for 5years.

Did they replace the pulls for you for free? Or at least that's what I hear they will do.

LV needs to use BRASS and not brass colored metal on ALL their pieces. I call this a QUALITY issue. I have a vintage bag and a couple newer bags from 2011 going forward. Only one of my newer bags experienced the brass loss and I took it into the store to be replaced. But to replace it with the same quality means frequent trips into the store to have the pieces replaced. WHO KNEW!!! I would love to buy the zippy organizer wallet but NOPE. It will cause me to burn too much gas going back and forth. Come on LV - you can do better.

We are talking pennies more for them to go to real brass. I think they are looking at it as a life expediency of a product type of thing and trying to make them not last forever.

Did they replace the pulls for you for free? Or at least that's what I hear they will do.

They took it in and polish it and they said including the lock. They kind off discourage me to have it replace the way they say that it will take 6-8weeks. Never bother to go back.the other hardwares has some black. They took it in coz i insisted that its not normal for a few months old bag.