LV hardware fading from gold to silver

VLandme4ever

LVandme4ever
Aug 13, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I have a mini pochette from LV that I purchased new in the store 4 years ago and the hardware is all fading from gold to silver but not consistently so it looks terrible and is really making me question continuing to purchase LV items. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I just purchased the Ponthieu and now I am considering rehoming it. Does the hardware from all fashion houses do this?

Hi Everyone,

I have a mini pochette from LV that I purchased new in the store 4 years ago and the hardware is all fading from gold to silver but not consistently so it looks terrible and is really making me question continuing to purchase LV items. Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I just purchased the Ponthieu and now I am considering rehoming it. Does the hardware from all fashion houses do this?
Take your item to your local LV boutique. Some hardware pieces can be replaced in store and for free. Others will have to be done remotely and for a fee.

Take your item to your local LV boutique. Some hardware pieces can be replaced in store and for free. Others will have to be done remotely and for a fee.

Thank you for the information. It is always good to know these services are readily and consistently available. As you mentioned before in a different thread, LV truly has the best customer service. I just had the best experience with them yesterday (I mentioned it in another thread).

And good luck to the thread starter. I hope you get your item fixed soon. I just managed to find a monogram mini pochette myself and can’t wait to get it! :smile:

I find gold hardware from any brand will lose it gold hue over time. The best Gold hardware is MCM since they use plated gold. But over time the plated gold will rub off too.

I would take it to LV store and see if they will be willing to replace the hardware for free or perhaps be charge for a fee since it 4 years old.

Reactions: Aars24
Yeah I also noticed that on my preLoved PA. I however wouldn’t be able to bring mine in because I don’t have a receipt. But that’s ok I hardly use my preLoved stuff since buying new LV merchandise.

Like all goldtone hardware, it will start to turn. But it’s something I expect.

Glad to know you are able to bring it in.

Gosh, isn't there a product to prevent gold finish from rubbing off? One could make a fortune if they invented it. What abt clear nail polish? Or, some sort of craft sealant?