LV Diane Bag

Has anyone else had their strap on their Diane peal? I spoke to my SA and I’m the second one he’s seen have this happen. He recommended I bring it in and exchange

View attachment 5754687

View attachment 5754688
This is now an older thread but can you share what LV decided to do with your bag?

I am currently awaiting for LV to make their assessment based on photos they took at the shop. I also had this same issue and also other areas on that short strap with this glazing coming off. But the reason why I finally brought my purse in instead of just trying to fix it myself is because the two leather tabs on the side also separated in half! I am not rough with my bags nor live in a very dry or humid area so I have no idea how this could have happened.

Here's a pic of what happened with the leather tabs in addition to the peeled glazing. I was very surprised to see that it was two pieces stuck together instead of just one piece. The leather tabs from my 2008 speedy is still nice and intact. I don't know man, I took a break from buying LV after 2016 and the Diane was the first bag I bought since then - I bought it towards the end of 2022. I then bought a noe bb in 2023 (which one of the leather loops also opened up because the stitching came loose). All my older LV's are perfect still so I am very disappointed - especially since the LV website has all the previous purchases and the prices I paid.. and boy the prices now are high.

As a side note, the LV store person was super nice and helpful. No complaints there. I am now waiting for them to get back to me on the next steps - which i was told could take a month just for them to call me back to see if they could/would do anything about it. At least my expectations are set.

dianetabs.jpeg

Here's a pic of what happened with the leather tabs in addition to the peeled glazing. I was very surprised to see that it was two pieces stuck together instead of just one piece. The leather tabs from my 2008 speedy is still nice and intact. I don't know man, I took a break from buying LV after 2016 and the Diane was the first bag I bought since then - I bought it towards the end of 2022. I then bought a noe bb in 2023 (which one of the leather loops also opened up because the stitching came loose). All my older LV's are perfect still so I am very disappointed - especially since the LV website has all the previous purchases and the prices I paid.. and boy the prices now are high.

As a side note, the LV store person was super nice and helpful. No complaints there. I am now waiting for them to get back to me on the next steps - which i was told could take a month just for them to call me back to see if they could/would do anything about it. At least my expectations are set.

View attachment 5956070
That happened to my bag, as well. That was weird. The short strap also had a slice in each end (where the strap folds under.) I glued that part because I didn't want to take it in just for that. And I noticed the bottom edges looked dirty. I barely used it and never placed it on the floor. It got worse when I gently tried to clean it with an unscented baby wipe. The treated vachetta turned black underneath.

That happened to my bag, as well. That was weird. The short strap also had a slice in each end (where the strap folds under.) I glued that part because I didn't want to take it in just for that. And I noticed the bottom edges looked dirty. I barely used it and never placed it on the floor. It got worse when I gently tried to clean it with an unscented baby wipe. The treated vachetta turned black underneath.
Interesting because the bottom edges for me looked dirty too - but I figured it must have been colour transfer of some sort. So I also did notice the vachetta turning black when I tried to clean it - but it turned back into the normal colour once dry. So my hypothesis was that it was turning "black" due to the top layer of leather getting abraded off (ever so slightly) and that was the leather underneath getting wet. But once dried then I couldn't tell the difference.

I do like the "pre-aged vachetta" though - did not get water spots from rain and the "patina" is very even - unlike my noe bb where the bottom is now very light compared to the parts exposed to the elements. And the strap has varying degrees of patina depending on the wear.

Reactions: Venice04
I know some of you ladies have had quality issues with this bag. I purchased my Diane 2.5 weeks ago from Bloomingdales and carried it for the first time yesterday for a few hours when I was walking around NYC. I wore it cross body and never put it down. When I got home, I noticed this small scratch in the vachetta. Is this bag really that delicate, or is this a defect in the leather? I know whatever they use to treat the vachetta is different than my other LV pieces, which have held up well. I'm assuming the store won't exchange it and just really bummed about the quality for $2400.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 9.56.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-09 at 9.56.00 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
I know some of you ladies have had quality issues with this bag. I purchased my Diane 2.5 weeks ago from Bloomingdales and carried it for the first time yesterday for a few hours when I was walking around NYC. I wore it cross body and never put it down. When I got home, I noticed this small scratch in the vachetta. Is this bag really that delicate, or is this a defect in the leather? I know whatever they use to treat the vachetta is different than my other LV pieces, which have held up well. I'm assuming the store won't exchange it and just really bummed about the quality for $2400.
Looks like an abrasion. Not a defect.

Reactions: Luv2Shop1
I have just received diane navy and creme and the bag is beautiful but I noticed uneven gaps in glazing inside . Is it a defect or are they supposed to be like this? Pls help

Attachments

• IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4793.jpeg
    IMG_4793.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4792.jpeg
    IMG_4792.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 76
My boyfriend surprised me with the monogram Diane! Guess I talked about it a lot! But the leather strap is wrinkled beyond belief! I’ve looked at many Dianes and none looked like this! I feel so bad that I’ll have to go back and exchange it! I feel like the sales associate who sold it to him should have done a better job. My wonderful boyfriend doesn’t know what to look for. It was so nice of him! But now I’ll have to exchange—which I just find so stressful.

My boyfriend surprised me with the monogram Diane! Guess I talked about it a lot! But the leather strap is wrinkled beyond belief! I’ve looked at many Dianes and none looked like this! I feel so bad that I’ll have to go back and exchange it! I feel like the sales associate who sold it to him should have done a better job. My wonderful boyfriend doesn’t know what to look for. It was so nice of him! But now I’ll have to exchange—which I just find so stressful.
Maybe they can just exchange out the strap?

I hope so. I just don’t like the process of exchanging or returns. It was just so nice of my boyfriend and I felt so bad explaining that we have to go back to the store.
I feel you. I don’t like LV after sales service. It’s almost non existent. Hope you get yours without hassle.