LV DELIGHTFUL DEFECTIVE LEATHER??

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi Everyone,

I purchased an LV Delightful in June 2016. The monograms on the leather have completely worn off in all different spots. I saw a facebook thread about many other women that experienced the same problem and were able to get credit for what they paid even years later. Has anyone experienced this??

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Take it to a store for assessment. No one here can tell you what the outcome will be though. If you can, pictures would help. Good luck and let us know what happens. :smile:

3. That’s canvas not leather FYI but I don’t own the Delightful to speak on this exact issue

4. Can you post pics?

5. Thank you so much for Replying!!!
    I noticed from a few other posts that this is a known issue and they were able to get a credit for their Delightful Bags. The Date Codes were all made in 2015 and has the same manufacturing location "SD". My Code is SD4195
    Here are a few pics ofthe fading and worn of logo in different spots on the bag. Hard with the Flash and the lighting right now

Attached Files:

6. Here are a few!

Attached Files:

7. That's pretty bad. I'd take it in to a boutique and see what they say.

handbagjunkie00 likes this.
  8. Wow. I have a delightful from 2015 and it basically looks new compared to yours. Take it to the store and ask. Could an abrasive surface or liquid have been in contact with the bag?

9. to me the whole bag looks pretty beat up..the vachetta trim is really dark ...seems like a lot more wear for a 4 year old bag so I think they'll just say it's wear and tear personally

fabuleux and Postyco like this.
  10. Hi! I showed your pics to several of my CAs. They stated this is a known issue for this bag and Artsy’s in 2016. They suggested that you take it to a store for assistance. Please keep us posted with the outcome.

11. No abrasives or liquid. Would you please let me know what the first 2 letters of your date code is! Thanks for your reply!

12. Thank you! I’m hoping to get to the LV Store this week! Will definitely send a follow up! Fingers crossed

vinbenphon1 likes this.
  13. Wow that’s really bad. I’ve never seen that happen before. I’m going to check mine it’s from 2015. my leather trim still looks fairly new and I have carried my delightful ALOT!

14. I think it has the infamous peeling canvas issue. Some Delightfuls were affected. Take it to the store, and they will probably say it is defective.

15. My bag is from week 15 of 2014. I haven’t seen any issues with my bag. Just signs of wear but not like the ones you are showing.

Attached Files: