LV canvas crack?

Asscher

O.G.
Mar 17, 2008
Does the LV canvas crack? I suppose all canvas will crack in due time but how long does it last before cracking? I have seen cracks on authentic LV canvas before (not the piping) but have no idea how long those bags have been in use.

I have an LV the cracked around the stitching it was a little over a year old and got a lot worse. LV told me the realistic live of canvas is about two years. I have canvas that's really old and perfect so I guess it's just how you use it and the design.

No way, paying so much for 2 years of usage? That's unacceptable to me. I have the impression that LV canvas is very durable since there are so many vintage pieces still being traded.

2 years?! That would be so disappointing! All I have currently are vintage pieces and the canvas is still perfect 20+ years down the road.. I would hope any newer bags I purchase would have a similar life span.

I think that the slouchier designed canvas bags seem to be the ones cracking more than other, especially where they seem to fold naturally after time or where the pressure points are for the handles. Which is awful!! Those are some of my most used bags too and now I am afraid to use them too much. Sad especially what we pay for them.

I think that the slouchier designed canvas bags seem to be the ones cracking more than other, especially where they seem to fold naturally after time or where the pressure points are for the handles. Which is awful!! Those are some of my most used bags too and now I am afraid to use them too much. Sad especially what we pay for them.

ITA! When you're constantly folding the canvas it gets weaker over time. And other bags like the Artsy tend to crack along the top due to chemicals in deodorant. I have a Black MC Speedy that has a slight crack at the top near the zipper. I think the previous owner let it get dry and brittle somehow.