LV Bags.. Made in the USA??

lvlvoe13

SHOES&HANDBAG JUNKIE
Feb 20, 2012
Hi Tpfers!
Can someone explain to me whats going on with Louis being made in the USA now? I also read that they are taking the "made in .." tag out completely?

I personally don't like what i'm hearing, i prefer my bags to be made in France, whats the point of spending so much on the bag then?!
:bagslap:

--I only know what I was told about the bags from the LV SA here-
She said they have to make many of them in the USA (at least that is where I am)
now or they could never keep them in stock-
She said many such as Delightful, Totally, etc -- that are popular--would take weeks to
resupply if they all came from France--
Each store only keeps of few of each bag- and gets resupplied daily-
Same as the Steven Sprouse Leop scarf-- each store keeps one and gets a new one as soon at that one sells--

Hope this helps--

Reactions: Bethdphillips
Hi ! I know ;( I asked my SA about it last
night .. They change the tag only in
made in USA which is cloth tag !!!
She said that to let people know
that even its made in the USA .. The
Materials are imported from Europe !
( that's what she explains to me )
I know it's Sux ;((

Hi ! I know ;( I asked my SA about it last
night .. They change the tag only in
made in USA which is cloth tag !!!
She said that to let people know
that even its made in the USA .. The
Materials are imported from Europe !
( that's what she explains to me )
I know it's Sux ;((

That's the same thing I was told when I bought the speedy.

I always thought production was between Spain, Paris and USA. So they are mostly being made in the USA now? I think that is a good thing. There are so many other things that are being outsourced over seas, I think it is good to bring some high end stuff back to the US. Why would that be bad? :smile:

pandorabox said:
I always thought production was between Spain, Paris and USA. So they are mostly being made in the USA now? I think that is a good thing. There are so many other things that are being outsourced over seas, I think it is good to bring some high end stuff back to the US. Why would that be bad? :smile:

There's no difference if we think deep !
Just because we know where LV originally
from .. I don't mind at all of being made in
USA .. But now I have because of the
Cloth tag !!!

I have one LV bag and it's made in the USA. While I sort of understand it being nice when they are made in Europe, it also makes me a bit sad that people don't want a bag made in the USA. It's the same bag & craftsmanship, yes? What happened to people being happy when things were made in the USA? Not being snotty at all, I'm just trying to get it. :shrugs:

:tup: This is what I was thinking and just posted something similar. :smile:

my bags are made in u.s.a.

and i love them.

i love everything made in america, so i could care less honestly....many american made things are very well crafted, so i don't understand the offensiveness of this.

and personally, every fake i've seen is made in france.
i think it is cool if you really went to france and got one that says made in france...but if you purchased in america, i think it is in bad taste to brag it was made anywhere else...it's not like you traveled further to get yours or paid more for it...what are you bragging about, honestly.

also, the made in tags in many of my other bag brands are made of cloth, so i really don't see the problem here either.....

For me as long as I love my purse that's all that I care about. I'm new to LV so my first purchased was a speedy and it was MIU. The SA told me why and I was like "oh ok". Now I know when I go in for the NF it's pretty much going to also be MIU so whatever don't mind:smile: