LV Bag for Job Interview

Which LV messenger to get for job interviews?

• Daniel MM in Damier Graphite

• Bass MM in Monogram Macassar

• Petite Messeger in Damier Geant

Results are only viewable after voting.

LVKeepallfan

Apr 8, 2008
Hello ladies and gents :smile: I would just like to ask you for your opinion on what LV bag to get for some serious job interviews for a management position.

My choices are:

Daniel MM in Damier Graphite
Bass MM in Monogram Macassar
Petite Messeger in Damier Geant Noir

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks :smile:

I'm not sure but for an interview something very unflashy is usually recommended... I've always worn plain black purses (without logos) for mine. Yikes, sorry... but good luck on finding a bag and of course at your interviews.

I agree with mrs.JC and would recommend against any flashy designer goods for a non-fashion industry job. They might give the impression that you are high maintenance and/or superficial or snobby. I assume since these are all from the men's line, that you are a guy? If so, I would recommend no bag at all and maybe just a simple portfolio type document holder for your resume. If you're set on one of these three, then I would go with the graphite since its the least "in your face" LV design of the three. Good luck with your interviews!!

I voted for the Daniel in graphite. I think an LV bag for an interview should be fine. Most people won't be checking out your accessories, they will be evaluating you as a desirable candidate for the position you are seeking. You'll be fine as long as you don't walk in there waving it around and keeping it in your lap during the interview. It doesn't matter what you carry, as long as you look professional. IMHO.

As someone who interviews people I am not sure it matter too much what purse/briefcase you carry. However to be on the safe side, it doesn't hurt to follow the advice of the previous posters and stick with something simple. Depending on the level of job that you are applying for, it may be "expected' that you would have a nice designer bag/briefcase.

I voted for Daniel !

Unlike some of the others I think it would be fine to take an LV to an interview
IF it would be something you'd wear to work every day in your job and not feel out of place (not just fashion field)! For instance I work in a business related field and half the people around carry LV, Fendi, etc. - so I definitely would feel just fine bringing LV to an interview for that setting. different of course if you work in non-profit!

I'd go with plain black and non-flashy/not easily identifiable. The interviewer may (or may not, but why take the chance?) have strong feelings regarding designer items, and you want the focus to be on you and not on what you carry.